Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
Who knows how to take a race photo from an AC replay without lots of movement blur? Ordinarily I would speed up the shuuter speed but I don't know how to do that from the replay; take photo controls.

use the f5 camera - though saying that it makes everything else around you blur. I'm sure you can adjust the shutter speed in content manager/nice screenshots

That Dallara is awesome! Easily worth the 10 Euro entry fee! Keep in mind that Dallara is one of the best companies in the sim industry and the data for this mod should be so accurate that it cant get better.

But I do wish there will be a CSP config file for this car soon! LOL
well, there are bunch of things that would need work, the steering wheel isnt round, the shift lights need more fine tuning. I would assume the physics are somewhat accurate considering this is an officially released mod

use the f5 camera - though saying that it makes everything else around you blur. I'm sure you can adjust the shutter speed in content manager/nice screenshots
Yes, Nice Screenshots. Another of those numerous CM features I was unaware of or forgot all about. I won't post my result here so I don't get slammed by the "not a photos thread" police, lol

Yes, Nice Screenshots. Another of those numerous CM features I was unaware of or forgot all about. I won't post my result here so I don't get slammed by the "not a photos thread" police, lol

Yep, it's got like that in CM. I've lost count of the things I've forgotten it can do and then I read a post here and think oh yeah lol.

Make sure you post your pics in the photo thread though https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-assetto-corsa-photo-thread.290292/page-76

On the Dallara and saying the physics are perfect, they're not and Dallara themselves even admit they're not in the readme. They said they've used real data input where it works but changed certain things to get the correct result/feel.

For example, fiddling around with it today I noted that the mod car engine is naturally aspirated and makes about 475bhp and 575Nm, compared with the real car that is turbocharged and makes 395bhp and 500Nm. However creating the real engine specs means that the car cannot get past around 157mph due to the drag from the aero, whereas with the faked specs it hits the correct top speed at just over 170mph. Basically they've bodged the data where it's needed to allow the mod car to match the performance of the real car (nothing really wrong with this btw).

I'm going to do a little bit of testing later to determine if it's possible to keep the level of downforce generated the same, while reducing the drag to see if I can make the correct engine data produce the real world straight line performance. Mostly out of curiosity as to whether this is a limitation in the Kunos physics engine, seeing as I'm about to embark on a huge series of aero changes to pretty much my entire car Library (Kunos included) after doing some eye opening top speed testing this week.

One question, how i know where i have to paste the folder with "extension" name? I refer to mods of cars and tracks that has extension folder betwen animation,sfx,skins,texture...

Una pregunta, como se yo donde tengo que pegar la carpeta de nombre extension? me refiero a la que viene con los mods de coches o circuitos y la ponen al mismo nivel junto con animation, sfx, skins...

Than you for all!!!!

With so many car mods, that bar that help us scroll up and down faster than the mouse wheel, its becoming almost invisable.
Is there a way to change that, or if not, someone who usually talks to Ilja, may please ask him, if it is an easy task to change that bar?

Maybe to a width one or bigger, or with a shock chrome color? Sometimes I have very difficult to see it.

As you can see in my case, its now a little brown square.

Example:
4qwo.png

Cheers

One question, how i know where i have to paste the folder with "extension" name? I refer to mods of cars and tracks that has extension folder betwen animation,sfx,skins,texture...

Than you for all!!!!

If the extension folder is already in the car or track folder just leave it there so it looks exactly like how you wrote in your post.
But if the download has a content folder AND an extension folder then you need to drag both of those into the main 'assettocorsa' folder.

Hope this makes sense :cheers:

View attachment 905117
Was watching some fun RX-7 Improved Production racing from Australia and discovered I couldn't find a race version of the first-gen (FB) Mazda RX-7, so I decided to create my own. The original mod is by Naboui and was kindly forwarded to me by a GTPlanet member 👍.
Changes:
  • Nothing says the 80's like gold basket weave wheels so on they went
  • Grafted on a front airdam
  • Added a roll bar and Recaro raceseats
  • The original handling physics were aimed toward drifting so I changed them to be road race centric (I'm still fiddling with them a bit but I think I have a good baseline so far)
  • Lowered the weight to the SCCA E Production minimum weight for a first gen RX-7
  • The street and semi-slick tires are from the Tuned Kunos Toyota AE86. The slicks were generated by me using the 80's slick tire generator.
  • Six racing liveries by myself and four camo liveries by Mr. Boo:bowdown:
Special thanks to Mr. Boo for the liveries and initial testing and to all the generous GTPlanet members who still kindly answer my questions.
N.B. I also linked below to a YouTube video that illustrates what I was going for with this one.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqlt0mrdz4hcmzd/mazda_rx7_race.zip/file

View attachment 905117

This is awesome!

Just a quick question.
In the car.ini file I always check the 'steer assist' under FFB multi.
This one the data file was closed so i tried it anyway and car felt like it was good, but the steering was really 'sharp'... i knew it would be the steer assist.

This is PURELY my personal preference, but i noticed on opening up data file steer assist was set to 0.
Kunos themselves make all non F1 / LMP type cars 1.0.
I changed it to 1.0 and the car, your car was spot on!!

So question is, the setting of 0 was that a choice? effectively what 0 does is makes the car have maximum forces at slow speeds around corners but less force at the top end on fast sweeping corners (see how that can help F1 cars right?)

Anyway not in anyway saying what you should do at all, its my preference and simple to alter to my tastes..
Simply just asking what effect you were trying to achieve.

stay safe.

I'd like to hear your ideas on how to organize cars and tracks.
From naming, to tags, to categories.
I think this information can be really helpful!

On the Dallara and saying the physics are perfect, they're not and Dallara themselves even admit they're not in the readme. They said they've used real data input where it works but changed certain things to get the correct result/feel.

For example, fiddling around with it today I noted that the mod car engine is naturally aspirated and makes about 475bhp and 575Nm, compared with the real car that is turbocharged and makes 395bhp and 500Nm. However creating the real engine specs means that the car cannot get past around 157mph due to the drag from the aero, whereas with the faked specs it hits the correct top speed at just over 170mph. Basically they've bodged the data where it's needed to allow the mod car to match the performance of the real car (nothing really wrong with this btw).

I'm going to do a little bit of testing later to determine if it's possible to keep the level of downforce generated the same, while reducing the drag to see if I can make the correct engine data produce the real world straight line performance. Mostly out of curiosity as to whether this is a limitation in the Kunos physics engine, seeing as I'm about to embark on a huge series of aero changes to pretty much my entire car Library (Kunos included) after doing some eye opening top speed testing this week.

I have a feeling that it is a little bit too fast. I was able to keep up with the FXXK Evo in Zandvoort with it! Either this car is too fast or the AI was driving too slow.

The way I've always done it, your mileage may vary. 💡
Cars, sort at the top by mod/series/manufacture. The ones at the top left, ratings, the number of stars you gave a car (5). Driven<0.1 = cars never drove. Kunos+ or - = Show only ks cars or only mods. Age etc, you get it :D Theres more parameters/filters, just havent used um
edit- With 5 stars and badges. I badge cars I like, 5 stars notes that that car has a setup on it. stupid but thats how I know which ones have setups and that dont
vtyk.png

Tracks, same thing. favorite = tracks badged / kunos(-) show all but ks
oh acu okutama needs reinstalling :embarrassed::irked:
twrl.png

Last edited:
A lot of what Plug said but I also go unconventional.
I start the name of the car with what class it is for race cars and I change the car Brand to what class they are as well. This is for BoP'd car classes I've done. Also tag with # to start.
Example:
GT3 cars:
Car name: GT3 Acura NSX
GT3 BMW M6
This way the group stays the same in the left hand side scroll in Content and I can work on the cars easier.
Car Brand, is usually the actual car brand but if you change all the GT3 cars to "GT3", while selecting a category in the drive tab for cars to choose from under the Brand tab, instead of just manufacturers, I have series of race cars grouped together now. If I want F1 75, there they all are, GT4, FIA GT RSS cars, they are all together to pick one from the bunch and go.
Finally, tags are important. For GT3 I have #GT3. Must have pound symbol in front so when you choose a GT3 car, under the Drive page for choosing "Grid Type ----> Same Subclass Only. Now all the #GT3 cars are automatically selected and I can then race against a random selection made by Content Manager or I can then manually take away and drag cars where I want them but they automatically show up because of the # tag.
This works for all groupings of cars. Same for BTCC, TA Legends, TC Legends, ect.

Real easy to get things going.
For street cars, crazy enough, I did a GTS kind of system. #N100 tag would be 50 - 150 HP. #N200 is 150 to 250 and so on. Only problem is that dominant cars can be moved up a group and slow cars moved down because it doesn't account for weight and setup but they are street cars after all.
So a tag of #N300 brings up a subclass of around 160 cars for me. If I choose a grid of 19 cars and I let Content Manager randomly select the grid, I never know who I'll be racing against out of 160 cars.
Mind you, this took a while to set up and new cars that come in need to be amended but once all together, not as bad as it sounds. Using search booleans and grouping cars together and mass selecting them and editing makes for a quick edit of say 30 cars in an instant if they all fit your search criteria.

I might have weird OCD though. :dunce::lol:

The way I've always done it, your mileage may vary. 💡
Cars, sort at the top by mod/series/manufacture. The ones at the top left, ratings, the number of stars you gave a car (5). Driven<0.1 = cars never drove. Kunos+ or - = Show only ks cars or only mods. Age etc, you get it :D Theres more parameters/filters, just havent used um
edit- With 5 stars and badges. I badge cars I like, 5 stars notes that that car has a setup on it. stupid but thats how I know which ones have setups and that dont
vtyk.png

Tracks, same thing. favorite = tracks badged / kunos(-) show all but ks
oh acu okutama needs reinstalling :embarrassed::irked:
twrl.png

How did you make a list of all those tag-mods between "ALL" the magnifying glass-icon? I have them next to each other in cars and tracks. Thank you.

I bought the Dallara Stradale and I'd say it's well worth it, even if only to offer a little support to the charity to which Dallara is donating the purchase fee. I wish all the best for my Italian sim racing friends in these extraordinarily challenging times.

Aside from that, I also think it's well worth it because, who wouldn't want a Dallara Stradale in their garage? :)

With so many car mods, that bar that help us scroll up and down faster than the mouse wheel, its becoming almost invisable.../...
.../... As you can see in my case, its now a little brown square.

I fear that may be related to the amount of cars you have installed...in your case 3536 (!)
In my case (250 cars installed) the scroll bar looks big and has the same colour as the car highlight bar.

bar.png

Hi everyone. Does someone else have this problem?
When I finish a race or a hotlap session cm closes and an error window appears saying "unexpected error, reinstalling csp could solve the issue". This message completely freeze my pc and I have to turn it off withe the power button. I tried reinstalling csp and going back from 1.50 to 1.49 but the same thing happens. Is this one of the common new problems with cm and csp latest versions?
It has been discussed before. Everone seems to be affected (unless you have an earlier CSP version).
Like @Masscot wrote: in this case, use ALT+TAB to highlight the error window, keep ALT pressed and also press DELETE. That way you won't have to reboot.

If the extension folder is already in the car or track folder just leave it there so it looks exactly like how you wrote in your post.
But if the download has a content folder AND an extension folder then you need to drag both of those into the main 'assettocorsa' folder.

Hope this makes sense :cheers:
ok, thank you, this is exactly the doubt, now i know who make it. Because I thinked that ALL must stay in Assetto Corsa\extension\config\...

Just asking around if anyone has the same issue with the Lexus SC430 GT500 from Chivas Autoart ?

flying.png

No visible wheels in game when using four of the skins: eclipse_25 / eneos_6 / houzan_35 / petronas _36

When using denso_39 and zent_38 there is no issue.

In CM showroom wheels are present for all skins.

Until now I mostly used the Zent skin while hot lapping, which is why I never noticed the issue before...
I now started a race and noticed these hoverboards... :scared:

Edit: @letsdothis97 maybe (Iirc you are in the Chivas team ?)

Edit 2: same thing is happening with the Nissan GT-R GT500...

Edit 3: fixed following @VheEth tip: removing the extension_config.ini from the affected skin folders.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back