• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,051 comments
Assetto Corsa - Diepholz DTM

by Assetto Corsa Fanboy

-Sand mesh added
-Skidmarks for layout 92-96 added
-Startlight for all layouts
-24 pit box / launch sites for layout 92-96 added
-Runway light added (old lights removed)
-Cone pole light added
-Crane exchanged
-Crowd 3D Marshal added
-PitBox remodeled, the more pit box seats for layout_84-87, layout_88-91
-New map

Credits :

Original Track created by by Tommy78 for rFactor
Assetto Corsa Conversion by ACF

At least the downloading process of ACF tracks has been simplified again 👍

Good lord, I've never got lost so often before. I need a sat-nav for this track.

London is looking really good, but I wish ACF would pick cars that actually show more than just a letterbox slit of the track, lol.

Too much?
Too much.

Screenshot_citroen_c3_r5_track_maple_valley_fm7_8-4-120-23-43-52.jpg
Screenshot_citroen_c3_r5_track_maple_valley_fm7_8-4-120-23-44-49.jpg
Screenshot_citroen_c3_r5_track_maple_valley_fm7_8-4-120-23-45-9.jpg

That's a good question. That's an older version of CSP and the settings and updates have changed smoke dramatically.
More importantly, the changes are so frequent that I haven't even tried messing with it knowing that it's just going to be reset in a week or so. :D
I'll see if the same settings are compatible today.

Like trying to figure out what the best rain settings are right now when we all know that there is going to be a significant rain update coming soon. (I hope) ;)

Thanks. Let me know. I have everything checked yet the smoke looks very rudimentary.

Hi guys!

This have bothered me for a while.. Whats up with the green "lights" on some of the cars in the V8Corsa mod? Only visible on some PP filters, but still really annoying (Headlights are off)
Screenshot_supercars_holden_zb_barbagallo_9-4-120-1-10-22_accumulation.jpg

So I downloaded this 1959 Austin-Healey 100, a real boulevardier, not a track car (it has a gearbox from a BMC truck, ferchrissake), but I feel kinda silly going to a country club concours d'elegance wearing a $30,000 Schuberth helmet, a Nomex driving suit and Sparco driving gauntlets. Isn't there a driver model in a Kangol cap, a LaCoste polo shirt, Gucci driving slippers and a pair of Les Leston string-back driving gloves?

So I downloaded this 1959 Austin-Healey 100, a real boulevardier, not a track car (it has a gearbox from a BMC truck, ferchrissake), but I feel kinda silly going to a country club concours d'elegance wearing a $30,000 Schuberth helmet, a Nomex driving suit and Sparco driving gauntlets. Isn't there a driver model in a Kangol cap, a LaCoste polo shirt, Gucci driving slippers and a pair of Les Leston string-back driving gloves?

I was on the look out for a driver in a tweed suit and found this https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driver-suit.20830/
It's close enough for me lol
No Kangol cap but some Crochet gloves are here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/crochet-gloves.20423/

audi02-jpg.248405

Your could go to 'your drive':\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\texture and delete OR move OR rename "off.png"
When racing on a track without starting lights you will need to re-enable.

But iirc there is another (less definitive) way, I just can't find it... :odd:

well I did not delete them, I reduce them by 90%, all I have now are little red squares forming a line before desapearing. I am very happy with the result, in VR those led dot circle were too big and too much in my face.

Hey guys, sorry for troubling here, but is there any good tutorial to learn track building?? I want to make roads from my home but RTB is too expensive for what it really offers, I hear it is garbage... so I wont take the risk. Please help

Good lord, I've never got lost so often before. I need a sat-nav for this track.

Well there is sat-nav integrated in AC. Just activate the KS Map and place the window on top of your dashboard. That way you get a kind of HUD display of the track (if the map is OK). I am doing that on all unknown tracks and especially on freeroam tracks.

Hi!
Question about Suzuka. What version of the track is the most relevant today?
I use "Suzuka 0.9 (Reboot Project) (Terra21 & Jim Lloyd)"-version, but it has absolutely no night lighting and, as I think, VAO is also missing.
I tried the version of the track 2018 for F1 - the track itself is not bad, there is even lighting, but the abundance of Rolex banners and F1 atmosphere repels a little.

I actually really like the old malagoli track. It's very accurate, but needs some modernisation for sure with better tarmac, trees and textures in general. Not newer, but better. I like it, because it is done as an old worn out track, which is actually close to IRL as i'm leed to belive. Never being there myself. Same thing goes for his interlagos (same download link under). From a person who watched a race there, it does look "a bit" worn down aswell:

https://malagoligarage.wordpress.com/category/tracks/

I actually really like the old malagoli track. It's very accurate, but needs some modernisation for sure with better tarmac, trees and textures in general. Not newer, but better. I like it, because it is done as an old worn out track, which is actually close to IRL as i'm leed to belive. Never being there myself. Same thing goes for his interlagos (same download link under). From a person who watched a race there, it does look "a bit" worn down aswell:

https://malagoligarage.wordpress.com/category/tracks/

Indeed, I will give Suzuka a try today. I don´t like the PatrikPats version that much, it looks to cartoony IMO. The Brno track from the same modder is also one of my favs. I doubt this guy won´t do any tracks does he? Last post dated by 2016...

Was that Oran Park any better because there's some other ones.

Any chance you could enlighten me with regards to alternate Oran Parks? I'm watching back the 2004 V8SC season, it has me hungering for track time there.

I have Terra's version, I think I had another version from RD or found on Tripp Team server or somewhere but threw it away since it wasn't good.

Hi guys!

This have bothered me for a while.. Whats up with the green "lights" on some of the cars in the V8Corsa mod? Only visible on some PP filters, but still really annoying (Headlights are off)
View attachment 907775
I get the same problem but only with the Nissan, after googling I found a solution that suggested tinkering with the ini file but it didn't work, so let's hope somebody clever comes up with the answer

No, I don´t talk about the luminosity. Your pictures in general are too dark and we can´t see any details. Maybe change the PP filter? Which one do you use?

You touch a fondamental problem when we come to pictures etc
On my computer, I got something really close to reality but on the computer of someone else it could be flashy pink or blue or green, depend of his own setting.
So, on my side, everything is calibrate (screen etc), calibrate white, grey, different color (red, green, blue or yellow, cyan, pink), calibrate contrast, saturation, calibrate luminosity.

If everyone on his side, calibrate is computer/screen set up, everyone can enjoy the same picture almost the same way.
Almost because there is still the problem with your eye and my eyes, that, we cannot calibrate, someone who suffer from "daltonism" see the picture differently.

Right, now that I'm more or less happy with my track list, I've decided that I need to be a bit more structured when it comes to my car edits. As such I've decided that I'll be finishing cars to a level of my satisfaction as and when I install them, rather than installing a whole bunch, fixing some stuff, getting distracted, finding out how to change something new, going off on a tangent etc. etc.

What this means is that from now on, I'll be releasing edits of existing cars (and sometimes new cars based on existing mods) as and when I finish them. I'll try to use a bit of common sense when doing this, so for example I won't release my versions of recent ACCR/Beto/ACR mods as I don't want to confuse people with duplicates, or where I've made small changes to an otherwise good mod. Therefore I'll only be releasing stuff where I've made significant changes to the original car, either in looks, performance or driving feel.

It's important to note that I'm doing this for my own game and therefore the edits will be tailored to how I play the game, not necessarily how other people do so don't expect things outside of the scope of my edits.

The things I'll be focussing on are:
- Improved and hopefully correct data for engine/drivetrain/aero/brakes/electronics/flames/lights/tyres
- Driving feel and force feedback
- Realistic performance, both straight line and track, benchmarked against Kunos/Trusted mod cars
- AI ability to match, better or at least get close to my benchmark laptime
- Correct placement of bonnet/hood and bumper cameras as this is the view I use
- External model looks, mostly from changes to shader values, or when really bad, shader/texture replacements
- Standardised UI and class system with performance figures taken from in game testing
- Appropriate sound allocation (and volume editing using the extension method from Legion - to come later as part of a planned massive update)
- Generated LODs for every vehicle when possible

Things I won't be doing:
- Anything to do with the cockpit, there's loads of cockpit issues in most mods, from crappy shifting animation to crazy windscreen reflections, flipped mirrors and terrible shader values. I don't use cockpit view so I save a lot of time by ignoring this, the only stuff I'll fix is driver position when necessary and on occasion, some shader values, lighting or glass transparency if it's making the car look rubbish in replays.
- Creating original sounds, sorry don't know how.
- Going in depth into suspension settings, it's a step to far for my interests, I'll be giving the original mod suspension a fair chance to prove itself in each testing case and then either editing it, or replacing it with something that gives a better feel/performance from a trusted source.
- Bopping cars to match each other within a particular class, especially in historically uncompetitive classes like 1990s GT1. Cars will be setup as best I can to perform in relation to the Kunos Benchmarks. Obviously classes like modern GT3 are very competitive so should naturally play well together.
- Doing thousands of KM of testing per car in every conceivable scenario, each car will only be released if it works on my system, for reference I'm using CSP 0.1.46 and Sol 1.4. There may be bugs using certain settings, CSPs, VR or using certain CSP settings, sorry but I can't test everything.

Releases will depend on my free time but should be quite frequent. I'll try to give appropriate credit where it's due but most stuff was downloaded in bulk some 8 months ago so I have genuinely no idea who's responsible for quite a lot of the original content.

Hi GIBBONS. Just wondering if you've made a light config for the Dallara Stradale by any chance? I may be mistaken, but I got the impression from one of your earlier posts that you may have been doing some tinkering with the car and thought I'd just ask in case. :)

Hi GIBBONS. Just wondering if you've made a light config for the Dallara Stradale by any chance? I may be mistaken, but I got the impression from one of your earlier posts that you may have been doing some tinkering with the car and thought I'd just ask in case. :)
@GIBBONS And maybe a good setup too!
I can't manage to lower my 1:46:4 @ Imola (that's the first Event of the Dallara Esport Competition)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back