ACC PS4 Australia first impressions

• Thread starter TT92
  • 37 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
First up, it is not available from the PS Store Aus site I had to drive to my local JB Hi-Fi store to buy it. It was not even listed on the PS store as a Pre-order!!!!

Installed from disc (took quite a while) downloaded the 1.3.7 update took about the same time :-(

What is like to play, I hear you all ask. First impressions with my Thrustmaster T300 RS - It is UNPLAYABLE!!!! The wheel is not recognised, it tries to act as a hand controller, I cannot map any buttons and the game instantly sets the wheel to a hard 240 degree. The up/downshift paddles only operate as look L or R.

I have quit the game in disgust and about to search the net for any answers.

So my advice is DO NOT buy it at this stage if you have a T300.

I will keep you informed how it progresses and if anyone has found a work around already please post it here. TIA

Edit: Just found this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t300-bug-pre-release.394542/#post-13146537 The initial degree setting was 40 on mine so that explains that.

I have tried two events: The Silverstone Bentley and the Monza Lambo. It is on the verge of being completely undrivable still, although I can now actually make it around the track.

Graphics are like going back to a PS1 again. Yes really it is that bad, after playing GT Sport and PCARS2 I find this is absolutely disgusting. There is no Video/graphics menu to tweak either. So if you are like me you will be wondering why you bothered buying a 4K TV. I would suggest stealing granma's 12" B&W TV because then it just may look better :-(

Also note that this is one of those games that has either wheel OR Controller not both. So those people that like driving with a wheel and navigating with a controller you are out of luck.

So at this point in time I am in two minds: keep it and wait for updates or go and get my money back. It is juts sooooooo disappointing, especially after I enjoyed Assetto Corsa so much.

Last edited:
Try resetting the settings to defaults on the wheel setup screen. I dont have the game but someone had success with that.

how is the controller handling?

Sorry I have not tried. I am a wheel user only. Except, the only time I have used a controller is with rubber bands when grinding on a GT game ;-)

Also I have edited my first post with some updates

First up, it is not available from the PS Store Aus site I had to drive to my local JB Hi-Fi store to buy it. It was not even listed on the PS store as a Pre-order!!!!

Installed from disc (took quite a while) downloaded the 1.3.7 update took about the same time :-(

What is like to play, I hear you all ask. First impressions with my Thrustmaster T300 RS - It is UNPLAYABLE!!!! The wheel is not recognised, it tries to act as a hand controller, I cannot map any buttons and the game instantly sets the wheel to a hard 240 degree. The up/downshift paddles only operate as look L or R.

I will keep you informed how it progresses and if anyone has found a work around already please post it here. TIA

Edit: Just found this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t300-bug-pre-release.394542/#post-13146537 The initial degree setting was 40 on mine so that explains that.

I have tried two events: The Silverstone Bentley and the Monza Lambo. It is on the verge of being completely undrivable still, although I can now actually make it around the track.

Graphics are like going back to a PS1 again. Yes really it is that bad, after playing GT Sport and PCARS2 I find this is absolutely disgusting. There is no Video/graphics menu to tweak either. So if you are like me you will be wondering why you bothered buying a 4K TV. I would suggest stealing granma's 12" B&W TV because then it just may look better :-(

Also note that this is one of those games that has either wheel OR Controller not both. So those people that like driving with a wheel and navigating with a controller you are out of luck.

So at this point in time I am in two minds: keep it and wait for updates or go and get my money back. It is juts sooooooo disappointing, especially after I enjoyed Assetto Corsa so much.
Thank you for the honesty. It certainly gives me pause.

After reading your good post about the game, I will definitely hold of for a week and reading a lot more Reviews even though I am using a G29.

My game is downloading now. Became available exactly at midnight.

I have a PS4 Pro and I’ll let you know what’s what when Ive played it a bit
Thanks and I will be waiting to here your very review about the game.

Last edited:
Ive got it on xbox and it doesn’t even seem to recognise the g920, i got nothing, force feedback through the wheel in the pit but wheel onscreen doesn’t move, nothing in brake or accelerater, any ideas ??

45 mins or so driven on standard PS4, CSLE wheel, Clubsport V1 pedals, 50" TV 1080p

The wheel works, but out of the box FFB is fairly weak. Don't see anywhere to calibrate or even see if the wheel is recognized. I haven't changed any in game or on wheel settings, but I feel like this won't be a problem to get right with a little tweaking.

Keyboard is not recognized for button mappings. And there are a LOT of items to map. Ugh.

Must use the wheel to navigate menus.

The lack of FOV and camera settings is disappointing, but I knew that going in. The far wheel view is the one I would like to use, and looks to be about the correct FOV, but the head lean, camera shake, and look to apex are too pronounced for me. The Motec is obscured by my wheelbase in all views. Turning the in-game wheel off isn't a separate option.

So far I have only driven the Lambo at the Nurburgring, in practice, alone on the track. It doesn't look like a stable 30 FPS to me, and there are a lot of jaggies. I"m not super picky about graphics, but it's.....pretty bad.

Sound is excellent.

Physics and driving experience seem fine, and I think will improve with some FFB tweaks.

No UDP settings, so no Crewchief or dash apps.

Overall first impression...kinda disappointed. But it's a $40 game, and I enjoy it enough to spend some time getting the FFB right. The real test will be online MP, I don't think 20 cars on track is going to do any favors to the framerate. I bought the game specifically for online, and I'm passed the point of fighting with PC2's endless bugs, so I'm hoping it works out better than it is looking right now.

Ive got it on xbox and it doesn’t even seem to recognise the g920, i got nothing, force feedback through the wheel in the pit but wheel onscreen doesn’t move, nothing in brake or accelerater, any ideas ??

Have a look at this post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t300-bug-pre-release.394542/#post-13146537 The game automatically recognises the hand controller (on PS4 anyway) and you must select the wheel as the input. Also don't forget to set the wheel rotation to 540 degrees.

45 mins or so driven on standard PS4, CSLE wheel, Clubsport V1 pedals, 50" TV 1080p

The wheel works, but out of the box FFB is fairly weak. Don't see anywhere to calibrate or even see if the wheel is recognized. I haven't changed any in game or on wheel settings, but I feel like this won't be a problem to get right with a little tweaking.

Keyboard is not recognized for button mappings. And there are a LOT of items to map. Ugh.

Must use the wheel to navigate menus.

The lack of FOV and camera settings is disappointing, but I knew that going in. The far wheel view is the one I would like to use, and looks to be about the correct FOV, but the head lean, camera shake, and look to apex are too pronounced for me. The Motec is obscured by my wheelbase in all views. Turning the in-game wheel off isn't a separate option.

So far I have only driven the Lambo at the Nurburgring, in practice, alone on the track. It doesn't look like a stable 30 FPS to me, and there are a lot of jaggies. I"m not super picky about graphics, but it's.....pretty bad.

Sound is excellent.

Physics and driving experience seem fine, and I think will improve with some FFB tweaks.

No UDP settings, so no Crewchief or dash apps.

Overall first impression...kinda disappointed. But it's a $40 game, and I enjoy it enough to spend some time getting the FFB right. The real test will be online MP, I don't think 20 cars on track is going to do any favors to the framerate. I bought the game specifically for online, and I'm passed the point of fighting with PC2's endless bugs, so I'm hoping it works out better than it is looking right now.
If your really picky about graphics,you gotta get the Xbox one X version,it's amazing looking..

If your really picky about graphics,you gotta get the Xbox one X version,it's amazing looking..

I have an X and a Pro but because button boxes aren't supported I'll have to get it for the Pro because I use a T300 and drivehub when using the Xbox. Without a button box I won't have enough buttons as some aren't usable on the wheel when using it with the Xbox.

Remember everyone, any issues or bugs use the official ACC link to report them

The only way we will get required patches is to make sure it is sent over to them

Someone has posted the link but you can find it on their official twitter feed as well

Two things:
1) I am not "picky" I just expect it to be as good as any other high quality 1080P game e.g GT Sport. PCARS2, Dirt Rally 2
2) So you want me to ALSO go and buy another wheel, the game as well as an X Box1? A tad overkill isn't it when it is a hell of lot cheaper to just go and get my money back and keep playing GTS, PCARS2, Dirt Rally etc ;-)

I to got ACC early as I pre ordered and I wish I had of waited as I am very disappointed.

The graphics are terrible, GT5 & 6 on the PS3 although less detailed run so much smoother on screen.

No way of adjusting fov

No presets for any wheels, and have to map all buttons manually

And the ffb doesn't feel good (and very weak) on my T300 no matter what settings I try, it feels like a replica of the PC2 feedback, the weight transfer feels ok but you cannot feel the front tyres, you can wind on the lock all the way and the fronts never break away, even if you you stamp on the brakes while turning, no feeling whatsoever.

I done back to back runs, same car/track combo between this and AC, and honestly, it felt like going from PS3 to PS4

I think this game will sit on the shelf along GT5 and PC2, only ever played once

Same here. with my G29 it’s likely unplayable. No FFB options, no Info which wheel was recognized and less options to set the FFB against the pc version, no FOV. Do we get half finished game on consoles?

Same here. with my G29 it’s likely unplayable. No FFB options, no Info which wheel was recognized and less options to set the FFB against the pc version, no FOV. Do we get half finished game on consoles?
I have a G29 also, so the game is not worth buying as yet ?.

The FFB is interesting. I watch Gamer Muscle and he constantly says he doesn't like the FFB in ACC, yet really likes it in AC (PC versions).

Perhaps the different FFB Kunos implemented for this game and general issues on the console version are just making it all feel a bit off.

I won't be able to try until tomorrow, and hopefully my T300 will actually work!

I Agree,I'm an ACC Fanboi and Was Embarrassed for Kunos on how Bad this game Looks? I Had Very Low Expectations as I've been playing it on PC for about a month because i burned myself out on GtSport,So as it was Downloading i went into GtSport just to verify my wheel was working properly? Big Mistake,Pretty much like Going from PS4Pro to PS2, I Can't Believe they sold this in this kind of State,Sad.

Same here. Felt like the ffb was weak.. Made the gain higher and the minimum force from 0 to 10 (max is 15) and it got better. I'm not saying it got AC better. But better.

Now it's about getting used to this as I like the game and I'll keep playing. I'm on a pro and G29.

There's disappointment with the graphics on xbox here too.

Someone said there t300 does not work.

I downloaded ACC YESTERDAY and was excited.
Anyway. I have a t300 and absolutely no problem with wheel or assignment of buttons.

The 30 fps don't bother me either.
I am from uk and currently using base ps4 although I do have pro and 4k tv.
I also have Ac on PC and ps4.

I dont think ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE is as bad as everyone is making out .

That's look at price £29.99.

That's half the price of any other ps4 game.
Just look at the con over grid 2019 . £55 then you had to spend more money for season 1.2.3.

Also Assetto corsa competizione has been ported and both pc and ps4 versions are identical. Which is a good thing

Back