ACC PS4 Australia first impressions

• Thread starter TT92
  • 37 comments
First up, it is not available from the PS Store Aus site I had to drive to my local JB Hi-Fi store to buy it. It was not even listed on the PS store as a Pre-order!!!!

Installed from disc (took quite a while) downloaded the 1.3.7 update took about the same time :-(

What is like to play, I hear you all ask. First impressions with my Thrustmaster T300 RS - It is UNPLAYABLE!!!! The wheel is not recognised, it tries to act as a hand controller, I cannot map any buttons and the game instantly sets the wheel to a hard 240 degree. The up/downshift paddles only operate as look L or R.

I have quit the game in disgust and about to search the net for any answers.

So my advice is DO NOT buy it at this stage if you have a T300.

I will keep you informed how it progresses and if anyone has found a work around already please post it here. TIA

Edit: Just found this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t300-bug-pre-release.394542/#post-13146537 The initial degree setting was 40 on mine so that explains that.

I have tried two events: The Silverstone Bentley and the Monza Lambo. It is on the verge of being completely undrivable still, although I can now actually make it around the track.

Graphics are like going back to a PS1 again. Yes really it is that bad, after playing GT Sport and PCARS2 I find this is absolutely disgusting. There is no Video/graphics menu to tweak either. So if you are like me you will be wondering why you bothered buying a 4K TV. I would suggest stealing granma's 12" B&W TV because then it just may look better :-(

Also note that this is one of those games that has either wheel OR Controller not both. So those people that like driving with a wheel and navigating with a controller you are out of luck.

So at this point in time I am in two minds: keep it and wait for updates or go and get my money back. It is juts sooooooo disappointing, especially after I enjoyed Assetto Corsa so much.
I find it playable on the controller though, being very delicate. But delicacy is the name of the game in most driving sims on controller.

I bought and downloaded the digital version of the game. At first, I couldn't find in the Playstation store. Using my playstation phone app, I was able to find it. Who thought it was a good idea to put this in the 'unique' genre? Going to the option menu to set up my T300, I noticed that there was no preset profile for it. But I was able to reset the button mappings to my wheel and saved the profile. TBH, the game is not as bad as some would lead you to believe. Yes, it's not as good as the pc version, but it's not as stripped as the PS4 version of the original Assetto Corsa. It needs some updates to fix or add things, like being able to adjust your FOV, and fix the customization screen. But overall, it's a good translation of the pc version to the console. I don't have a 4k TV, so I'm not too bothered by the graphics as much. I was an early access user of the pc version, so I know that it will be better with a few more updates.

First up, it is not available from the PS Store Aus site I had to drive to my local JB Hi-Fi store to buy it. It was not even listed on the PS store as a Pre-order!!!!

Installed from disc (took quite a while) downloaded the 1.3.7 update took about the same time :-(

What is like to play, I hear you all ask. First impressions with my Thrustmaster T300 RS - It is UNPLAYABLE!!!! The wheel is not recognised, it tries to act as a hand controller, I cannot map any buttons and the game instantly sets the wheel to a hard 240 degree. The up/downshift paddles only operate as look L or R.

I have quit the game in disgust and about to search the net for any answers.

So my advice is DO NOT buy it at this stage if you have a T300.

I will keep you informed how it progresses and if anyone has found a work around already please post it here. TIA

Edit: Just found this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/t300-bug-pre-release.394542/#post-13146537 The initial degree setting was 40 on mine so that explains that.

I have tried two events: The Silverstone Bentley and the Monza Lambo. It is on the verge of being completely undrivable still, although I can now actually make it around the track.

Graphics are like going back to a PS1 again. Yes really it is that bad, after playing GT Sport and PCARS2 I find this is absolutely disgusting. There is no Video/graphics menu to tweak either. So if you are like me you will be wondering why you bothered buying a 4K TV. I would suggest stealing granma's 12" B&W TV because then it just may look better :-(

Also note that this is one of those games that has either wheel OR Controller not both. So those people that like driving with a wheel and navigating with a controller you are out of luck.

So at this point in time I am in two minds: keep it and wait for updates or go and get my money back. It is juts sooooooo disappointing, especially after I enjoyed Assetto Corsa so much.
The frame rate on this game make it unplayable in my opinion! AC is so much better at the minute.

If you want to report some issues or ask for help with quick responses, try the official 505 Discord server.

People with T300 problems - try using older firmware! Driveclub also creates issues using T300 with latest firmware, maybe it's similar here.

People with T300 problems - try using older firmware! Driveclub also creates issues using T300 with latest firmware, maybe it's similar here.

No it is the exact opposite. YOU MUST install the latest FW ver 31.00 I have only just now done it and it has transformed the wheel. I have also just edited my original post to reflect the change.

First impressions are good for me. PS4 non-pro, it was pretty much plug in and play with G29 (need to to do some fiddling with settings)
The graphics look fine to me altho I am playing on a 24inch non-4K, and I have been re-playing Project Cars 1 the last few weeks, so its obviously better than that. The driving physics seem pretty good so far.
The thing thats most impressed me so far tho is the engine noise, I've only driven the Aston so far but it sounds very good indeed.
I bought this game mainly because I'm a big fan of the Blancpain/GT World Challenge so graphics/car count etc. dont mean as much to me

First impressions are good for me. PS4 non-pro, it was pretty much plug in and play with G29 (need to to do some fiddling with settings)
The graphics look fine to me altho I am playing on a 24inch non-4K, and I have been re-playing Project Cars 1 the last few weeks, so its obviously better than that. The driving physics seem pretty good so far.
The thing thats most impressed me so far tho is the engine noise, I've only driven the Aston so far but it sounds very good indeed.
I bought this game mainly because I'm a big fan of the Blancpain/GT World Challenge so graphics/car count etc. dont mean as much to me
Try the Lexus. Wowzers in my trousers the overrun and down shifts are good.

Back