Accessing New Islands

• Thread starter Concept
  • 19 comments

Concept

(Banned)
Ok, how many missions must you complete before you can move on to a different island? I am stuck on Portland and it is getting pretty boring just staying down on this 1 island. The Callahan bridge is down as well as the subway and tunnel going to the next island. When will they be fixed? Please if anybody could tell me I would be greatful. BTW...I have only done around 15 missions so far. :(

might be a spoiler for you...

are you allready working for salvatore leone?... the mission were you have to blow up the ship is the last one :)

No nothing will spoil me. I asked and I am ready for a responce.

Anyway, I am yes working for him right now. Please gve me a ballpark figure of how many of that guys missions I will have to complete before a new island is accessed. I have done like 2 so far. :)

well.... I dont remember how many missions Salvatore had.. I just know that the mission where you have to blow up the big freighter ship with 8-balls help is the last mission after that you will get a mission but that will be a fake mission and you will be shiped to the 2nd town... then when you enter a car you will hear that the bridge has been repaired

Hey Sole look, thanks for the help man. It gives me an idea of what I have to do and/or when it will all happen. :) I really need to get off Portland! :lol: I swear is I am here for more than 3 more days I will go insane! Thanks for the info man, I have been waiting for the info on the bridge! :D

How many missions do you do to get of the 2nd island then? I think i've done 40 something.

When you can work for Donald Love do it... ....after the mission where you have to pick up the packages out of the water you will get another radio message indicating that the 2nd bridge has been repaired.

Okay, I am at the mission where Leone told me to go to 8-ball and bomb that ship. Cost me $100,000 but hey what's to lose? Anyway I gotta sniper all these dudes trying to kill 8-ball!! It is hard!!! I hope I get done soon! :(

use the analogue stick for aiming...(use it always is my advice :D) and work your way from left to right after you take out the first 2 guards near the ramp. Good luck :)

use the weapon code...use the rocket launcher and shoot a missle between the 2 guards at bottom of bridge..as soon as it flie pick sniper rifle, zoom in and pick those sucker off from left to right..good luck..oh and dont go on the missin"last requests" or whatever..just go close thre car and youl see a bright oink dot...follow that cause the car is a bomb meant to kill you...

Well, so far I have done the mission like 8 times and 8-ball gets iced everytime I do the mission. I use analog all the time now. After playing Ace Combat 4 it is hard not to use it. Also, I aways go for the two men at the bottom first and then can not get my aimer straight and 8-ball gets iced everytime. :( Anyway, about the codes, I have not seen any anyway. Only time I really ever use em' is just when I am goofing around. So what's the code? :(

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Ok, how many missions must you complete before you can move on to a different island? I am stuck on Portland and it is getting pretty boring just staying down on this 1 island. The Callahan bridge is down as well as the subway and tunnel going to the next island. When will they be fixed? Please if anybody could tell me I would be greatful. BTW...I have only done around 15 missions so far. :(
No you dont have to do any missions. Put the flying cars and the jumping cars on. Now, you will have to go far enough so the bridge(broken one) is blockaded and the wrecked cars have been removed. Now get past those things and give the car full throttle, push the jump button right at the end and you will make it. I did it today and was pleased with the other side, you can also save on the other side to stay there and not have to do it again. You also get alot of missions unlocked. TRY THE BOATS!

I found it pretty easy to do that 8ball mission. What I did was drop 8ball off, drive back to the opening to the harbor, grab the adrenaline pill, RUN back to the stairs, go up and then start snipering people. Makes it easy as hell with everything going so slow. It doesn't really slow you down on shooting, just the guys. Hope that helps.

Oh.... almost forgot to tell, I think you already tried but you have to stand on top of the warehouse when you start sniping. Happy hunting :D

If you stand on the first landing up to the roof, you'll be lined up with the Colombians on the boat deck. Then get the two guys below and sweep left to right across the boat. Be careful not to shoot 8-Ball! :)

This mission took me about 4 attempts.
I found it easiest to shoot the two Colombians at the front of the boat, then shoot the Colombians from the left of the boat to the right. Try to shoot the barrels coz that can kill more of them at once.
Oh.. and don't forget to steal the Cartel cruiser that car is sweet. :cool:

A friend of mine took a different aproach :D

He sniped the guards and then ran onto the boat with 8-ball behind him... he barrely made it... with only 2 health left :D

now i know what the point of the adrenaline pills is. Yeah, go to the top of the warehouse near the boat ( with stairs) and snipe from there. Its much easier...

Back