Advice for Speed 12

Hey everyone. I am trying to learn to drive the Speed 12, but I can't find any sort of tuning that makes it more stable. I always spin out at least once a lap on any course. The best I've been able to come up with is keeping everything stcok and changing the ASCC to 60 and the TCSC to 25. Anything else I've found has been even worse. If anyone has any setups or tips I would really appreciate it.

hello!!
full customize Speed 12 with supersoft tires, ASCC, TCSC and racing modifications!! then apply the following settings, pretty much the same as experts tune up Lotus Elise GT 1!!

Suspension
spring rate: 5.7/7.0
ride height: 100/85
dumper b. : 3/2
dumper r. : 2/2
camber : 1.5/1.1
toe: 0/0
stab: 2/2

Gear
auto wide open to 21

Aerodynamics
0.70/0.95

Other:
LSD: 12/20/5
ASCC: 70
TCSC: 40

that stuff makes Speed 12 much more stable, but i'm sure is possible have smooth driving unleashing more and more this supercar...

try speed 12 in red rock valley and see if it's OK

BYE

hello again,

in order to complete that tip, i put here gear setting and some more advice...

i found TCSC almost unuseful... disable, the car get a little bit nervous but more powerful!

this is the way i set gear ratio:

wide open auto to 23; then, set first gear ratio to 3360 and so:

2nd: 2486
3rd: 1840
4th: 1361
5th: 1007
6th: 0745

finishing set final gear ratio to 3360...

this way, the speed 12 start "slow" (!! too powerful !!) strong 2nd and from 3rd to 6th VERY QUICK!!

try this set in red rock valley and beat 1.03 to complete a lap...

i will appreciate anyone who know how to improve this car setting!!

hope i help ya...

BYEZ

Ti@

The way to reduce spin on Speed 12 depend on where you spin. If it happen in corner entry, try using lower front damper bound/rebound or higher rear damper bound/rebound. If it happen in corner exit, try to modulate the throttle or increasing/reducing accel LSD or change damper like the above, or use TCSC if still a problem. In mid corner I feel this car as understeer. If you spin in mid corner try to reduce car bouncing by reducing spring rate or lowering damper or raising ride height.

Hello, bagleuca,
Your gear is impossible, what final drive value when you set auto to 23? this is important too.

I feel your setting as understeer. It is hard not to hit the wall at first corner and corner before the tunnel. But I think my setting end up almost the same :P.
I think using ASCC can reduce this car handling potential. Remember that ASCC help handling by braking some wheel. If the car is already slipping, it will make it worse. This really apparent on track with low speed corner and require you to brake a lot (autumn ring). Try driving your car in autumn ring, you can see how ASCC make you car more undrivable.

If you decide to disable ASCC, do some retuning to compensate it.

with supersoft tire I don't think TCSC is neccessary too. Always try tuning without them first.

This is my attempt for speed 12, safe setting:
Spring Rate: 2.0 / 2.0
Ride Height: 130 / 130
Damper Bound: 5 / 10
Damper Rebound: 5 / 10
Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe: 0.00 / 0.00
Stabilizer: 1 / 7
transmission: move final drive to 5.500 then move auto to 21
downforce: 0.78 / 0.99
LSD : 1 / 16 / 6

no TCSC, no ASCC

I still feel this car as understeer, and need a bit carefull when applying throttle. I never brake or accelerate when pushing turning button.

I always accelerate out of the corners in my Speed 12 in GT2, it is the fastest front engined rear wgheel drive car in GT2 if you can drive it right. Most of driving the Speed 12 comes down to throttle control.

Hey thanks guys, I really appreciate all this. I haven't had time to try your setups out, so I'll tell you if they work for me after I try them out.

Hey again, I tried both of your settings, and I think I like Sucahyo's better. It is not as fast for me as bagleuca's, but is alot more stable, and can go on more tracks. Bagleuca's gear setup however, is very good. The only problem, is that is impossible with an auto set of 23, I had to change the auto set to 21, but it is very fast with quick gear changes. I tried out Sucahyo's gear settings and could only get a max speed of 140mph, it may be my own error, but that's all I could get. Thanks again all of you, it really helped. :)

Your on a forum not a forum, not a chat room ;). You've just joined today, so don't take this the wrong way I'm just telling you how things are on a forum.

Search before you post, ie don't make a new topic asking is xxx in the game, there may have been a lot of member who've already asked that hundereds of times before, so search for your answer, then if you don't find it, ask.

Don't double post, or triple post, if you want to add something use the edit button at the bottom of your first post.

This isn't a place to engage in idle chat like a chat room, so if you want to just have a chat with somone do it via a PM or get thier MSN or aIM ect.

Lastly if you do need any help regarding using this site feel free to send a pm, don't get into any flame wars and try to keep to the topic of the thread.

As I said, you've just registered, so take your time to get used to the message boards and you'll find this site a great resource, and welcome to GTP.

sorry man.Yeah you were right, this is my first time so, I will give you a proof about what a newbie can do in his first day. Respect!

Edited to add (by Scaff)

I've won in Gran Turismo All Stars, and I've tuned the Speed 12 but, I'm surprised because is one of the worst cars I've have ever raced.I mean, the handling is poor, the car has over 800 horse power and if you ever can turn with it you start spining out. If you ask to me, I will tell you to use the Amemiya FD. That's probably the better car I've ever seen. It's 450 Hp provide good speed and extremely well handling. I don't know if this time is good, but is enough to defeat all the All Stars rivals in Red Rock Valley: best time 1:07:900 and worst 1:17:900. The 900 is just an estimation.

Tahiti Drift

You will notice that I have edited your two posts into one, as you should have done.

Please do not double post, rather edit you last post to add the additional information in.

Thanks

Scaff

For the record the Speed 12 has nothing wrong with the handling at all, you just need to exercise very good throttle control. With the power the car has if you are too quick on the throttle it is going to spin.

If you think its tricky in GT2 wait until you try it in GT3 or GT4, now that does take a lot of practice.

Hey Scaff, let me tell you something(sounds like I'm ungry, but nothing like that),good cars are easy to handle,that's what differs from bad cars, so, if you think the Speed 12 is a good car, that's your problem, but a good GT2 player would say that a good car is the one who can move trough the turns fast and smoothly, that's is exactly the function of a FF, not an FR or a 4WD,MR,etc.You may be thinking "you are using an FD, and if I remember correctly that's the chassis designation for the third generation RX-7, and that's an FR Car". But you are wrong, special race cars differ from their road counter parts, in that the ride is smoothly. And one last thing :If you want me to edit my stuff, tell it to me, don't do it yourself!

If you want me to edit my stuff, tell it to me, don't do it yourself!
If you double post, you cannot edit it back into one. A mod has to do that.

The way round it is for you to use the edit button so that you do not double post in the first place.

Please do not double post, rather edit you last post to add the additional information in.

Imo the Speed 12 is the best FR car in GT2, it corners fantastically, what you need to watch out for is over use of the throttle. As for what a better handling car is I'll leave that to Scaff, he does afterall have actual experience on a race track in real life.

Hey Scaff, let me tell you something(sounds like I'm ungry, but nothing like that),good cars are easy to handle,that's what differs from bad cars, so, if you think the Speed 12 is a good car, that's your problem, but a good GT2 player would say that a good car is the one who can move trough the turns fast and smoothly, that's is exactly the function of a FF, not an FR or a 4WD,MR,etc.You may be thinking "you are using an FD, and if I remember correctly that's the chassis designation for the third generation RX-7, and that's an FR Car". But you are wrong, special race cars differ from their road counter parts, in that the ride is smoothly. And one last thing :If you want me to edit my stuff, tell it to me, don't do it yourself!

And let me tell you something, you are not making a great start to membership here at GT Planet.

Rather than editing the posts together for you and giving you a polite piece of advice on what to do in the future, I could have simply given you a formal warning.

Would you have prefered that?

Adding an edit comment that you are doing this to 'get revenge on Scaff' is not exacatly a smart thing to do either.

Now in regard to your 'a good car is one that is easy to handle', can I ask exactly what real world experience you base this 'fact' on.

I ask because its quite simply not true, some the most reknowned handling cars in the world are not easy to drive on the limit.

Lets take a quick example, the Lotus Elise, a car that is acknowledged as a wonderful handling car, but anyone who has driven one seriously will also tell you that its a very, very tricky car right on the limit.

Same with the Ferrari 360, great car, wonderful handling, but step over the limit even slightly and off you go backwards into the trees.

The great (late) motoring writer LJK Setright said, 'no car is too easy to drive fast'.

And as far as saying that race cars are easier and more smooth to drive that the road versions, I can only assume that you have driven some very strange race cars. With suspension set-ups far stiffer that could ever be used on the road and rubber that is almost totally useless when cold its a far more difficult situation to be in.

In closing I would suggest that you take the advise you have been given and get to know the forum before you start to display the attitude you have done so far, either that or expect your membership at GT Planet to be a very short one.

Scaff

fun.Scaff, I don't blame anybody of nothing,in fact,I'm pretty happy I could find a place where to talk about GT2.The sad thing is that in Argentina I only know three players:Lucas, Daniel,and Daniel's little brother, Pablito.The Problem is next:Lucas always use the Escudo,Daniel sucks and his brother is following the same path.I don't hait nobody in this forum, but what I do hate is that i gotta write in english for you. Así que ahora en adelante voy a hablar en castellano, ¿listo?. Bring it on, ya que te has hecho un rival en Gran Turismo.Por cierto, ¿podés venir a mi casa a jugar al GT2 algúnu día?

OK

I do understand you frustration about the English side of things, but we do have to stick to a common language here and English is it.

I would however advise you that translation tools are quite easy to find and use on the web, and 'bring it on' in any language could be taken as attitude, be careful.

Scaff

I'm pretty happy I could find a place where to talk about GT2.The sad thing is that in Argentina I only know three players:Lucas, Daniel,and Daniel's little brother, Pablito.The Problem is next:Lucas always use the Escudo,Daniel sucks and his brother is following the same path.I don't hait nobody in this forum, but what I do hate is that i gotta write in english for you. Así que ahora en adelante voy a hablar en castellano, ¿listo?. Bring it on, ya que te has hecho un rival en Gran Turismo.Por cierto, ¿podés venir a mi casa a jugar al GT2 algúnu día?
If you continue to ignore our requests, and continue to speak in Spanish, then Lucas, Daniel and Pablito will remain the only GT2 players you know.

fun.Scaff, I don't blame anybody of nothing,in fact,I'm pretty happy I could find a place where to talk about GT2

Same here. this is the only place that discusses the "other" games (other than GT4 that is) on a regular basis. STick around Tahitidrift, we could use more players here always; just follow the rules and stuff.

Imo the Speed 12 is the best FR car in GT2, it corners fantastically, what you need to watch out for is over use of the throttle.

Yeah...the Speed 12 gas-pedal is like kryptonite! I'm convinced anyone who says it's sucky is just flooring it out of corners with no regard to extreme car physics! This goes for the Chrysler Phaeton, Espace F1, and Cobra 427 too.

It seem we all agree that throttle control is very important in Speed 12 :).

I tried out Sucahyo's gear settings and could only get a max speed of 140mph, it may be my own error, but that's all I could get.
You have to change your final drive first to 5.500 before changing auto to 21. The order are important.

That gear is my quick gearing. My complex gearing would be:

first move final drive to 5.200, then ok
then move auto setting to 1, then ok
then change the gear to:
1st= 3.153
2nd= 2.435
3rd= 1.942
4th= 1.597
5th= 1.353
6th= 1.181

last step, move final drive to 2.500.

This will give very long first gear, and short last gear at about 220mph max. Since first gear is long, it help reduce wheel spin almost the same way as high final drive, with the benefit of faster high gear acceleration. This gearing will give faster laptime compare to my previous gearing.

Forgive me for all my actions.I know than I wasn't being nice with anyone.In fact, I have only 13 years old.I can't talk to Scaff seryousli because of my age,and I think he drives a car in real life, so forgive me Scaff.I'm sorry for have been speaking in spanish, but all that I say was inofensive.I wanted to apologize because I was feeling bad with myself, since I was bad with you with stuff like "Bring it on". I want to ask you a question: How do I post my own mesages?

After that, I will tell you one think to Scaff:
When I meant that the Speed 12 is a bad car, I meant that I cannot make him turn when I wanted too.I understand what you told me before about the Elise.

Well, now that I'm finish with that, I will tell you my Speed 12 Settings (sorry if the car understeers a bit too much) :

Spring rate:
Ride height: lowest possible in both
Damper bound: default
Damper rebound: default
Camber : .5/.5
Toe: -20/-20
Stabilizer: Default

Brake Controller: 24/24
LSD:
Highest possible
Highest possible

That's it. Another thing: I read in a place that you can't complete the 100% of the game, but if you do all the Event Synthetizer races you can complete the 100& of the game.Bye Bye.

Tahitidrift

I maked an apologize letter, but then the page went whit, and the computer stopped,so, in short words, Forgive me everybody.I hope we can be friends again.Especially sorry to Scaff and live4speed. And one more thing:Scaff, I understanded what you told to me, and you are completely right.PD: Dou you drive cars in real life?
I have only 13 years old, so I can't do it.

Tahitidrift

Sorry, when I wrote this message I though that before's was delete. It's not going to happen again,I hope.
PD:Scaff, since you are 35 and I am 13... COULD YOU PLEASE BOUGH ME A PLAYSTATION 2?
I NEED IT! PLEASE! I LIVE IN ARGENTINA, WHERE EVERYTHING COSTS THE TRIPLE COMPARED TO U.S.A.!
Just kidding... but if you can do it please.I will give you my adress if you want.
PD 2: Here is a site where you can find cool things about GT2:http://www.absolute-playstation.com/api_walk/walkgt2_cars.htm

Tahitidrift

Yes we do indeed, if you look around the forums theres an automotive section if your ever keen to read up on car news or find out about cars themselves, theres a lot of opinions about thoes. There's a thread call " GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?" which is here...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2612
That might be interesting to you, some members here have some very nice cars.

I maked an apologize letter, but then the page went whit, and the computer stopped,so, in short words, Forgive me everybody.I hope we can be friends again.Especially sorry to Scaff and live4speed. And one more thing:Scaff, I understanded what you told to me, and you are completely right.PD: Dou you drive cars in real life?
I have only 13 years old, so I can't do it.

Tahitidrift

Thanks for the apology and the settings in regard to the Speed 12.

I would remind you please do not double post, and just for the future if you have info for a specific member use the Private Message function (in the yellow box at the top right of each screen) to send a message directly to them.

In regard to myself, yes I do drive and have been doing so for over 17 years. I also work as a trainer in the motor industry and as such have a wide range of experience of driving on the road and track.

Regards

Scaff

It seem we all agree that throttle control is very important in Speed 12 :).

You have to change your final drive first to 5.500 before changing auto to 21. The order are important.

That gear is my quick gearing. My complex gearing would be:

first move final drive to 5.200, then ok
then move auto setting to 1, then ok
then change the gear to:
1st= 3.153
2nd= 2.435
3rd= 1.942
4th= 1.597
5th= 1.353
6th= 1.181

last step, move final drive to 2.500.

This will give very long first gear, and short last gear at about 220mph max. Since first gear is long, it help reduce wheel spin almost the same way as high final drive, with the benefit of faster high gear acceleration. This gearing will give faster laptime compare to my previous gearing.

I see, it was my own error, I set the final after I set the auto setting. I'll have to try it out correctly now:dunce: Thanks for clearing it up, I'll have to try out the complex one too. I'll try out your setting too Tahitidrift. It must really suck to have everything cost 3x what it does here, hope you find some cheaper stuff.

BTW, I use final drive as flywheel too ;).

When I meant that the Speed 12 is a bad car, I meant that I cannot make him turn when I wanted too.I understand what you told me before about the Elise.

Well, now that I'm finish with that, I will tell you my Speed 12 Settings (sorry if the car understeers a bit too much) :
Tuning can help the car turn. Start with stabilizer.

When I meant that the Speed 12 is a bad car, I meant that I cannot make him turn when I wanted too.
The trap people fall into in the Speed 12 is the same in every GT game, the car is phenominally quick, and you oftenm don't realise jsut how fast you are approaching that next corner. If you have the racing mod installed then increse the downforce, and brake sooner than you are, brake early enough so that your not still on the brakes when you start to turn.

Back