AE86 Levin and Trueno

• Thread starter Tsanchez
  • 126 comments
Tsanchez
What's the difference between these two cars?

as i understand it, within the game its just styling

the trueno has a racier look including pop-up headlights, the levin doesnt

they enjoy the same relationship as sunfires and cavaliers

i think the levin looks meaner. i dont like popups.

popups are sexy..

like FD and FC...

the differnece between levin and trueno..
hmm.

i believe the trueno is 1986 model.. and levin is 1985?
someone correct me if im wrong.

JW31
popups are sexy..

like FD and FC...

the differnece between levin and trueno..
hmm.

i believe the trueno is 1986 model.. and levin is 1985?
someone correct me if im wrong.

they are twin models. that means they both come from the same years.

1986%20GTV.jpg

1986%20GTV-7.jpg

BTW whats up with the 90's versions of these cars? They seem to look alike but have different names... Am I missing some details? Anyways... These cars seem to be unpopular (the newer ones)... Why is that?

I think there might be some slight balance/handling differences in the levin and treuno, but all in all thier the same chassis just different styling.

U guys gotta be kidding ... Not only is it different in body but levin doesnt weigh as much as the trueno Also some changes were made at a difference of both cars.. the way they handle.. for instance the trueno has a LSD Levin doesnt.. The levin was more like a casual car instead of the sports edition trueno also have hp differences levin came around 90's to 110 and trueno came with 110-120 depending on the model .. For instance the Sprinter Trueno and the american type "SR5" Corolla they have different body types.. its more like a family grocery shopper .... they have many differences Ill post up a Website that shows i have in on bookmark ^_^ I like prooving people wrong sorry for the cut in and rudeness but its just how i am .. L8z Eze-Sideways

Eze_Sideways
U guys gotta be kidding ... Not only is it different in body but levin doesnt weigh as much as the trueno Also some changes were made at a difference of both cars.. the way they handle.. for instance the trueno has a LSD Levin doesnt.. The levin was more like a casual car instead of the sports edition trueno also have hp differences levin came around 90's to 110 and trueno came with 110-120 depending on the model .. For instance the Sprinter Trueno and the american type "SR5" Corolla they have different body types.. its more like a family grocery shopper .... they have many differences Ill post up a Website that shows i have in on bookmark ^_^ I like prooving people wrong sorry for the cut in and rudeness but its just how i am .. L8z Eze-Sideways

"SR5" Corolla? i thought it was Corolla GT-S..? :crazy:

there only exists 3 versions .... sprinter trueno witch is japan factory made.. and then theres the gt-s wich is the same car but the name and then theres Sr5...<< Grocery getter im trying to find the site that has all the differences
Post it soon ....

L12.jpg

L11.jpg

There are a ton of model steps for each and in japan they had all the same options availible. In the game, the levin should be slightly lighter. Also, I noticed that the levin has the option of Original tuned suspension while the Trueno does not.

Ok yes there are a bunch of models.. but the thing is that same body style gtv is way way way different than the gt-s american the sprinter "trueno" is slightly different than the gt-s american and the levin is yes in fact lighter.. less components but were talking about preformance wise.. Levin doesnt carry Lsd witch for drifters is important .. truenos carry this as same with the gt-s the SR5 doesnt carry lsd its more like the levin but a fatter boddy ... get my drift ?

oh damn.... You are all wrong...

I'll explain.

Levin and Trueno are the same car in everyway. The Levin is NOT a "everyday" version, it's only a non-popup version. ALL the Trueno/Levin of ALL year's have the same engine. For exemple the AE92 ( 1989 to 1992 ) have all the 4AG RED TOP. Like I said, it's only a differance in style. The option are all the same ! And for the model of the AE86...

In America:

Toyota Corolla GTS
Toyota Corolla SR5

They have the same frame ( AE86 ) but, the SR5 have a carburator engine ( 4AC, about 80hp ). The GTS have the 4AG BLUE TOP ( about 112hp ).

In Japan:

AE86 FRAME

Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex
Sprinter Trueno GTV
Corolla Levin GT-Apex
Corolla Levin GTV
Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex Black Limited

What the differance btw the GT-Apex and the GTV?? It's only a question of option... They are the same car. And for the Black Limited, it's only a VERY limited edition, only sold in black, and it have some minor differance in the interior of the car ( all the light are red, on the steering it's writed TWIN CAM 16 in red etc... )

AE85 FRAME

Levin 1.5 SR
Trueno 1.5 SR

( They'v got a lot of differance option set... like SE etc... )

So, the japanese economic model don't have the same frame as our in America! And it even not the same engine ( 3AC ).

If you need more information on AE86, just say it to me. I'm in club of AE86 in Québec so, i know a little bit on this car :sly:

Trueno86Power

There, your post tells it. There are also a ton of differences between a Japanese Trueno GT Apex and a US Corolla GTS.

Next time, don't get all your information from InitialD.

d3p0
Not that any of this matter because we are on a game site, but,I think you are trying to say the Japanese Trueno's are similar to US Corolla GT-S's. That's kind of true, in that they have the same pop up lights, but there are a hundred differences beyond that. LSD was availible in Japan as an option on Levin's and Trueno's. Next time, don't get all your information from InitialD.

Hey! THEY ARE THE SAME ! The only ****** differance btw Corolla's and Trueno's IT'S THE BUMPER. For the LSD... Yeah in Japan they have it, not as an option, but they came stock with it ( GTV GTAPEX ) And in USA, the GTS have the option of the LSD( only in USA, don't know why ). AE86's are my live, I think I know a little bit more than you about them.

Trueno86Power.

Trueno86power
Hey! THEY ARE THE SAME ! The only ****** differance btw Corolla's and Trueno's IT'S THE BUMPER. For the LSD... Yeah in Japan they have the option... but in USA too ( only in USA, don't know why ). AE86's are my live, I think I know a little bit more than you about them.

Trueno86Power.

careful, this is just begging to get flamed, altough your previous post is quite impressive if not overwhelming

Hey, no they aren't.

Normally: Bumpers, LHD vs RHD, gauge cluster, steering wheel, power output, side markers, etc.

Availibility of: skirts, different tail lights, different gauge clusters, different climate controls, power folding mirrors, rain guards, different seats, etc.

sideslider
what about dohc and single in the levin and tureno....

If it's a GTS ( in America ) or a GTV GtApex ...

It's dohc

And for all the economic model, they are sohc ( SR5, 1,5 SR... )

All the sports models: dohc

All the economic model: sohc

Trueno86Power.

Trueno86power
If it's a GTS ( in America ) or a GTV GtApex ...

It's dohc

And for all the economic model, they are sohc ( SR5, 1,5 SR... )

All the sports models: dohc

All the economic model: sohc

Trueno86Power.
The American version doesn't have as much power.

d3p0
Hey, no they aren't.

Normally: Bumpers, LHD vs RHD, gauge cluster, steering wheel, power output, side markers, etc.

Availibility of: skirts, different tail lights, different gauge clusters, different climate controls, power folding mirrors, rain guards, different seats, etc.

Yeah I know they got a lot of option we don't have, but that is not DIFFERANCES! If the car don't have the same steering, it's still a AE86, and if it have some sideskirts, it's still a AE86!!! What i'm trying to say is:

All the AE86 over the world are the same car.

In Division86 ( the club of AE86, www.division86.com ( in french ) ) We have some peaple who have AE86's in France ( they only got about 200 sell! So, it's freakin rare , plus, they only got the Levin front ) That for sure it have differance in option, but its still a AE86 !

And for your culture, Trueno means "Thunder" in spanish.

Can you feel the power of the thunder?

Trueno86Power.

If you guys are discussing the mechanical side of these cars, I suggest you move this over to the automotive forum. It will fit in much better there.

Back