After pitting I get left behind

• Thread starter Chunk88
  • 32 comments
Chunk88
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. In the two race format for gt4 and now in my case, gt3. During the second race you have to make a pit stop. Every single time, after I pit, my pace falls off a cliff. I just go backwards no matter I seem to do. Does this happen to anyone else? I can win the first race by 5+ seconds give or take, but struggle to finish in the points in the second race. Every. Single. Time.

Have you created a pit strategy? Do you check what they are doing when you enter the pits? I don't trust the automatic by weather and always make sure that I am getting the tires I want and the amount of fuel I want in every stop and I have only had an issue once and that was my fault. I put softs on in the pits and it started raining as I re-entered the track.

I normally select my own tyres and check the pressure , I quite often lose a little pace until I get back in a rhythm .

I have the same problam, they seam to put in way to much fuel (yes i do put in pit set up) but you cant lower the liter's and that means to much time. I no i'm doing something wrong. I even turn off all fix options.

I normally select my own tyres and check the pressure , I quite often lose a little pace until I get back in a rhythm .
Keep in mind that tyres coming out of the blankets are not fully 'race' warm and you still need to not push 100% for the first few corners out of the pits.

Assign the MoTEC to a button and use it cycle through the screens in cars with it fitted or use the telemetry to check when your tyres are fully back, then you can push.

I have the same problam, they seam to put in way to much fuel (yes i do put in pit set up) but you cant lower the liter's and that means to much time. I no i'm doing something wrong. I even turn off all fix options.
Make sure you set you fuel level in tuning first, as they always want to refuel you to that level as a minimum, so by setting that lower you can get a lower re-fuel amount when you pit.

Keep in mind that tyres coming out of the blankets are not fully 'race' warm and you still need to not push 100% for the first few corners out of the pits.

Assign the MoTEC to a button and use it cycle through the screens in cars with it fitted or use the telemetry to check when your tyres are fully back, then you can push.

Make sure you set you fuel level in tuning first, as they always want to refuel you to that level as a minimum, so by setting that lower you can get a lower re-fuel amount when you pit.

So if i needed ,say 20l to for a complete race with a manditory pit i would put 10L in edit tune and then 10L in pit set up

So if i needed ,say 20l to for a complete race with a manditory pit i would put 10L in edit tune and then 10L in pit set up

I would err on the side of caution and put more in, fuel consumption can and does vary in pCars based on your performance, etc. Push harder in the first half of a stint and/or miss your pit window target for any reason and you could run out of fuel (I have done it) and in pCars that means grinding to a halt. No GT coast around to the pits here.

However as a basic concept, yes that's what I do. However you do also need to take into account that a car with a standard of 90 litres of fuel on board may well handle very differently to one with 10 or 15 on board.

The 320 Turbo and M1 are examples of this...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/physics-thread.304191/page-34#post-10724907

If I only need 20L for the entire race I would more likely go with 22L and then change the slider when I pit to not take on any fuel as the pit stop will be quicker and that amount of fuel would not make much difference in most cars.

If I only need 20L for the entire race I would more likely go with 22L and then change the slider when I pit to not take on any fuel as the pit stop will be quicker and that amount of fuel would not make much difference in most cars.
That what im talking about the slider will not go down only so far

That what im talking about the slider will not go down only so far

Yeah I know that slider in the pits is how much fuel you will have after they add fuel. If you start with 20L and use 8L then they will want to put 8L in to bring you back up to 20. The slider will show 20. You can slide it down to 12 and they will not add any fuel as that is what is already in the tank. You can never go lower than what is currently in the tank as that would require them to remove fuel from the tank and they are not going to do that.

There is also a little indicator there on the screen that will show you how long it is going to take to refuel when it says 0.00 then you are not adding any fuel.

I always use the motec when available as I keep an eye on temps / lap and position , I think the losing rhythm is a mental thing with me , I kind of zone out a little after pitting and it probably takes 3-4 laps to zone back in .

I've not noticed any drop off in lap times to speak of after pitting unless of course weather conditions change. For the most part I have just been running short races so far just trying to get a feel for the various cars and tracks. Would be nice if there was something we could refer to that had the full list of events for each class and tier along with which tracks and layout are used in each of them.

I always use the motec when available as I keep an eye on temps / lap and position , I think the losing rhythm is a mental thing with me , I kind of zone out a little after pitting and it probably takes 3-4 laps to zone back in .

How are you able to read so much information of the motec? I have a 40 inch 1080p screen and struggle to read anything other than the lap times? I am wearing glasses with a perfect /new prescription...

How are you able to read so much information of the motec? I have a 40 inch 1080p screen and struggle to read anything other than the lap times? I am wearing glasses with a perfect /new prescription...
I don't have an issue most of the time, but I am sat about a metre away from a 50" screen, however switching the car lights on as said does help at times.

Is your loss of position due to undercut by the AI? As in, are you coming out of the pits in a much lower position than when you came in, with no hope of catching the cars in front, or are you unable to set the same lap times after your stop?

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. In the two race format for gt4 and now in my case, gt3. During the second race you have to make a pit stop. Every single time, after I pit, my pace falls off a cliff. I just go backwards no matter I seem to do. Does this happen to anyone else? I can win the first race by 5+ seconds give or take, but struggle to finish in the points in the second race. Every. Single. Time.
It happens to me frequently, I assume that it takes some will-power to somehow muscle back to the front.

The more likely solution is perhaps pitting later, or increasing the gap between you and the person behind enough to where your pit stop can happen without being overtaken. Perhaps being efficient in fuel usage.

I have no idea, but it is a problem.

Why would wets get put on if not raining?
Cautious pit crew is cautious.

I don't know why for sure, but it's happened to me a few times. I think it's something to do with the game knowing it is going to rain during the race so it queues up the wets, regardless of if the time has come for them or not.

It happens to me frequently, I assume that it takes some will-power to somehow muscle back to the front.

The more likely solution is perhaps pitting later, or increasing the gap between you and the person behind enough to where your pit stop can happen without being overtaken. Perhaps being efficient in fuel usage.

I have no idea, but it is a problem.

I if I can get in front or near the front I will pit on the second to last lap to allow me to run in clean air for the majority of the race. I find if you pit too early you can end up behind slow traffic which eats into any advantage you had before.

On a side note, I have my tyre wear set to real, how can I see how much my tyre has degraded? Or is it all just in the feel of the car and my lap times?

I if I can get in front or near the front I will pit on the second to last lap to allow me to run in clean air for the majority of the race. I find if you pit too early you can end up behind slow traffic which eats into any advantage you had before.

On a side note, I have my tyre wear set to real, how can I see how much my tyre has degraded? Or is it all just in the feel of the car and my lap times?
1. True

2.There is a HUD view that shows tire wear, it is the one that displays all 4 tires and the pressure being applied to them, not sure how reliable it is though.

1. True

2.There is a HUD view that shows tire wear, it is the one that displays all 4 tires and the pressure being applied to them, not sure how reliable it is though.

Is that the telemetelemetry view? If so which figure is referring to the degradation?

Is that the telemetelemetry view? If so which figure is referring to the degradation?
It doesn't. It shows temp across three areas of the tyre and the percentage of grip that tyre is currently loaded with. Zero being its in the air and anything over 100% is exceeding the tyres limit.

It doesn't. It shows temp across three areas of the tyre and the percentage of grip that tyre is currently loaded with. Zero being its in the air and anything over 100% is exceeding the tyres limit.

So basically I should keep putting laps in until I notice a slow down? I don't really watch gt3 racing, how many laps can they generally do around brands Hatch? Is it like 5, 20, 50 or 100?

Back