Age of Empires

• Thread starter Jon
  • 35 comments
Originally posted by MistaX
I do, hmm i wonder where you got yours from :rolleyes:

If we played, you'ed lose.

Actually I bought it as well. I just got it from you to try it out.

I have number 2. It sucks. Too easy. I liked it at first, but now it's just crap. The best thing is the :shelby: Shelby Cobra that shoots arrows. You have to pause the game and type how do you turn this on

This is one of the greatest games i've playes which doesn't have car racing or people fighting in one on one hand to hand combat!

Breaking!

Age of Empires II: HD to launch with improved visuals, Steam Workshop on April 9

AOEII_27044_screen.jpg

AoE2-HD2-610x343.jpg

Microsoft today announced Age of Empires II HD Edition, a reimagining of the 1999 real-time strategy game. With Ensemble Studios closed, work on the updated version is being done by Hidden Path Entertainment (Defense Grid series, Counter Strike: Global Offensive).

Age of Empires II HD Edition will launch on April 9 exclusively through Steam across the world. Gamers won't need to wait that long to play, however, as those who prepurchase (at a 10 percent discount) will be able to jump in April 5.

Age of Empires II HD Edition includes every single-player campaign from the Age of Kings original and the Conquerors expansion, totaling 18 in all. In addition, gamers can challenge other Steam players through the game's online mode.

According to Microsoft, Age of Empires II HD Edition has been remastered for high-resolution displays at 1080p. It also includes an "enhanced visual engine" sporting improved textures for terrain, water and fire, and ambient lighting effects.

Steamworks features for Age of Empires II HD Edition include achievements, leaderboards, matchmaking, and cloud support. In addition, gamers can share user created content through the Steam Workshop.

Lastly, Microsoft revealed the minimum system requirements for Age of Empires II HD Edition today. They are listed below, along with the game's debut trailer.

Can't wait!! This is my favourite RTS PC game of all time! Includes AOE3! :) 👍

OH HOLY! :drool:

Gotta tell my boss that im taking a week off!!!! 👍👍👍

Can't wait!! This is my favourite RTS PC game of all time! Includes AOE3! :) 👍
AoEII = Best! Game! Ever! :dopey:

Probably spent 1000 hours on this game, and still play it 1-6 hours a week. :P

OOOOhhh the good ol' memories... had some serious fun with this game for soooo many years :) !!!

I think I'll look for it and install it again on my laptop ;)

Maybe I'll buy the new remastered one :)

Age of Empires II: HD Frequently Asked Questions!

I have the original Age of Empires 2 Can I play multiplayer matches with my friends who have the new HD version?
Age of Empires 2: HD Edition uses a different multiplayer service than the original version, so cross-platform matchmaking is not possible. You will need to have the same version as your friend in order to play together.

Can I redeem my cd key from the original Age of Empires 2 to get the new HD version?
Cd key activation is not available. You can only get Age of Empires 2: HD Edition via direct purchase from Steam.

Can I play the game over LAN?
You can play single player while Steam is in offline mode, but you will still need internet access to connect to Steam for multiplayer capability.

Does Age of Empires 2: HD Edition support Steam cloud saves?
Yes!

Will this game be available on Mac or Linux?
There are no plans for a Mac OS or Linux version at this time.

Will the game be available in my region?
Age of Empires II: HD Edition will be available in any region that Steam currently supports.

Can I play with gamers worldwide?
You can play with Age of Empires II: HD Edition gamers around the world. Searching for games will present results based on the best ping available. Set up private or friend’s only games, or invite players for easy access to your pals around the world.

What kind of Matchmaking is there?
Up to 8 Players
Quick-match Matchmaking
Game Lobby Browser
Invite your Steam friends to custom games

How will the Leaderboard rankings work? (Similar to AOE3, etc?)
All leaderboards are handled through the Steam API. You do have a user rank / skill that is calculated like an ELO, but it's not in public facing tiers like Age of Empires III. All of the multiplayer is also handled through Steam, so our feature set falls within the realm of the API’s capabilities; we’ll provide additional detail between now and launch.

How do I use Steam Workshop?
Steam Workshop can be accessed from the game launcher as well as from the in-game menu, and scenario editor. With Steam Workshop, you can share, download, and build user-created content for the game. We will have a special blog dedicated to these features in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

Is there DRM?
Age of Empires 2: HD Edition uses only the Steam service for license management. Games for Windows LIVE is not required.

Have there been any changes made to the gameplay?
No, it's still the same classic Age of Empires II experience.

...So this is still the same Age of Empires that I know and love?
Absolutely! All of the gameplay remains the same, we have merely updated the game to run on current operating systems, with HD graphics. The game now scales to fit your monitor, and offers multi-monitor support for even higher resolutions!

What version of the game is this?
You can expect the mechanics and balance from 1.0c.

Will this work on my Surface Pro?
Yup! Touch does work, though a mouse and keyboard make it much easier.

What are the minimum system requirements to play the game?
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (Not available on ARM architecture, i.e. Windows 8 RT)
Steam Software Platform
900x600 minimum resolution display
Direct X 9.0c Capable GPU
1.2GHz CPU
1GB RAM
2GB HDD

2cf48c77-72ef-4651-9d09-91342d38fdc0.png

009fb0b1-8b8c-4412-9554-86ade13eebb6.png

I'm seriously tempted, you know? AoE II: TC is still one of the greatest RTS games I've played to this day. Maybe because I'm being quite nostalgic, but does that even matter? :lol:

Back