Ages

Nope, I wouldn't know where to get a racing license.  :(

www.scca.org this would be your first step toward your dream.  All you need to do is for you to turn 16 and you and your car to pass the saftey course, and you are off racing. The great thing about the SCCA is that you can start off racing the car you drive on the street, and then one day find yourself in a full fledge Pro SCCA series

Hey! 19 age (at the moment).. Driving a Volvo 242 GLT-Turbo Intercooler (with a lot of modifications) and a total power of 384HP`s on the rear wheels! ! Not a lancer yet but i`ve tryed it against a makinen edition and.. Hey U dont even wanna know who won..  *Muhahaha* My little Volvo ROCKS!

Quote: from Edd1e on 6:51 pm on June 20, 2001[br]Hey! 19 age (at the moment).. Driving a Volvo 242 GLT-Turbo Intercooler (with a lot of modifications) and a total power of 384HP`s on the rear wheels! ! Not a lancer yet but i`ve tryed it against a makinen edition and.. Hey U dont even wanna know who won..  *Muhahaha* My little Volvo ROCKS!

A Volvo?  Cool!  Have you got a picture?

I'm 20 turnin 21 in October. Yes Volvo has been in motorsports. I think the series is called BTCC (British Turing Car Championship. I've only seen this a few times on Speenvision. From what i saw they did pretty good.

They have quite a long rallying history. They first entered BTCC with an 850 estate which wasn't very succesful so they entered a S40 which was and they won the chanpionship in 1998. They pulled out at the end of 1999. A S40 still runs in the Swedish Touring Car championship. Volvo along with TWR are builiding and S60 for DTM.

:shocked:  I didn't know that, I thought they were all about safety and nothing else.

DTM rocks!

I don't think they're in WRC this year.  Maybe 2002?  :conf:

But, they could always enter the car late in the season for testing or something.  :)

It is so long ago that I don't know how succesful they were. I can't see them entering the WRC because the S40 is much too big and Ford, who own Volvo, are already in it.

Quote: from Phil on 10:22 am on June 23, 2001[br]It is so long ago that I don't know how succesful they were. I can't see them entering the WRC because the S40 is much too big and Ford, who own Volvo, are already in it.
No, I'm talking about MG.

I thought we were talking about Volvo :confused: . I don't think MG will enter WRC for a few years. I think they will concentrate on the Super 1600's.

Oh, is this not their rally car?

mg_rally2001_1.jpg

Im 41 and loving it.  BTW, I leave for a month or so and someones got my avatar.  Too cool.  Im glad Im not the only Cavalier fan on this board.  
Cutout_1.jpg

LOL, is that really your license plate?  :lol:

Welcome back, Misnblu!

Hi, I'm sure I answered this question somewhere round here before :)
Anyway I'm 45,  maybe I should ask to be made a senior member too :)
cya

i'm 25 and loving all cars i'm in the dutch army
driving around in a mercedes jeep 290m
and dont have a own car

Jordan, thats my real license plate.  It was going to be put on the ford, but is on the 97 now.  
My last personalized tags were SKWIRT and WO BABY, and each has a story behind them.  
slider3.gif

Robisme, I thought I was old. LOL
Just kidding man.  Amazing how we old farts can keep up with these kids, huh?
laugh.gif

Later.
AR15firing.gif
generation gaps

cheeky devil  misnblu  :)
Yes age does help us older farts, we use our brain not our b*lls :lol:
cya
Rob

Back