Ai behaviour in career?PS4 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 67 comments
My most favoured track on this game is donnington. When I took part in qualifiers for a weekend race. The top 5 AI were hitting low 1 mins 29s. I only play with AI at 100%.

Despite this I was thinking how they were going so fast lol. Fast forward a day or so later and my fastest time around the donnington track is 1:29.2 no one (ai) can touch me in a gt3 car around that track.

I love the fact they can put me under pressure. It make me want to learn each track even more.

I think some of you have become too use to ai moving to one side for you and giving you an easy ride lol

Eveything is fine in single player race weekend. Its the career were bugs are happening. Was waiting for someone like you to show up. I am currently in the top 10 in the newest time trial and I am defentily not slow.
There just some bugs in career.

Found a new one quali zolder lmp2. Was first after the clock expired. Then when the screen with all the times showed i was 9 and 8 AI guys were all FIVE SECONDS faster then me and the rest of the ai. You could not even finish your last lap so the times were not even driven by the ai. I was on the track from start to Finish of the quali never even lost p1 during that

just finished race 2, rd.3 of Clio Cup and I'd made my way into a close 3rd place after a couple of laps when the 2 leaders pitted in front of me, I went on and did about 6 pretty decent laps in P1, pitted, came out in 3rd, and when the race ended I'd finished in 3rd but the 2 lead cars were 14 seconds ahead of me. howww? where did they get all that time from?

Just did a little test after i spun round anyway; park on the driving line after a corner (not a blind one of course), and see if the AI avoids you. Did so at Snetterton turn 1.

Let's say the results aren't so good, they all came round the corner and drove right on top of me, even though they could see me in advance. Collision detection needs some tweaking because during races i also notice they drive into your side a lot when you are trying to make a pass and are alongside them.

The more you progress in career the worse the AI gets lmp2 championships are a nightmare.
They are unaffectes by weather brake temp tyre temp.
A lot of fun when you have 10 min of quali and it rains in 8 of it. The AI goes out on dty Tyres drives dry times because its dry in 2 min. The only way of getting not last ist go out with slicks in the rain try not to damage the car and to do the lap in the 2 min with cold tyres and brakes. You will nit get pole but at least not be more than 10 sek slower.
Because they want to show you their weathermodel its the same in almost evry race.
Also funny. When its dry and starts raining. The AI still gets faster in quali. Was first as it began to rain did my inlap. Watched the session. Went back to 9 with the fastest time set in the dry. Good job

Same effekt if the Tracktemp falls or raises. But not as bad obviously

Just did a little test after i spun round anyway; park on the driving line after a corner (not a blind one of course), and see if the AI avoids you. Did so at Snetterton turn 1.

Let's say the results aren't so good, they all came round the corner and drove right on top of me, even though they could see me in advance. Collision detection needs some tweaking because during races i also notice they drive into your side a lot when you are trying to make a pass and are alongside them.
the other night I had it where I span out and all but one of the AI cars passed me but one of them seemed kinda scared. I was slowly reversing towards him and this would make him also reverse a few car lengths down the road. I did this about 3 times and eventually he got enough courage and slowly passed me. amusing but incredibly stupid.

the other night I had it where I span out and all but one of the AI cars passed me but one of them seemed kinda scared. I was slowly reversing towards him and this would make him also reverse a few car lengths down the road. I did this about 3 times and eventually he got enough courage and slowly passed me. amusing but incredibly stupid.
Ok so that means there is collision detection at slow speeds, but when they are at full speed it's a tad harder for them to realize there is another car in their driving line :D

The more you progress in career the worse the AI gets lmp2 championships are a nightmare.
They are unaffectes by weather brake temp tyre temp.
A lot of fun when you have 10 min of quali and it rains in 8 of it. The AI goes out on dty Tyres drives dry times because its dry in 2 min. The only way of getting not last ist go out with slicks in the rain try not to damage the car and to do the lap in the 2 min with cold tyres and brakes. You will nit get pole but at least not be more than 10 sek slower.
Because they want to show you their weathermodel its the same in almost evry race.
Also funny. When its dry and starts raining. The AI still gets faster in quali. Was first as it began to rain did my inlap. Watched the session. Went back to 9 with the fastest time set in the dry. Good job

Same effekt if the Tracktemp falls or raises. But not as bad obviously
Could you please report this over at the official forums so SMS have more chance of seeing this? Sucks if that's the way the LMP2 championship is :irked:

Back