AI tunning

• Thread starter bla
  • 4 comments

bla

How do you reckon the AI gets its miles going?
Played a couple of times in the pure sports cars cup with a stock cerbera 4.5. Almost every time the car I had to pass to get ist place was an elise190. The car is light and all but it only goes so far as 260 hp (the cerbera 4.5 has 420 stock) and he was losing little to no terrain on straights.

I was particulary interested in checking the gears in a replay but couldn´t make out if it had a shortened gearing.

SuperTouring's always been a bit of an enigma. I think the AI is tuned somewhat, but certianly not fully-tuned. Using the cars that appear normally in that series with only racing mods and full-race transmisisons makes things quite difficult. I last tried the series with a Peugeot 406 Sedan, with tranny and race mod, and results were mixed. Deep Forest was easy, but Trial Mountain and Apricot Hill were impossible to win without some engine mods.

The cars in that series:
Toyota Chaser V
Toyota Corona Exiv '96
Nissan Inifinti/Primera G20 '91
Nissan Inifinti/Primera G20 '98
Opel Vectra
Honda Civic Si '93
Honda Accord Sedan '96
Honda Accord SiR '98
Peugeot 406 Sedan
Renault Laguna

Every car but the Chaser is front-wheel drive, and the Civic's the only 2-door. So I think any FF sedan is fair game for that series, and using 220-250hp makes things a fair fight. For example, a fully-tuned Nissan Sunny VZ-R makes for a close race, with about 244hp on tap. Of course, the GT40 Race Car can get into these races, too...

Some AI cars have tuning, others do not. Try a stock Midget or Fiat 500 and you'll see that the AI must mod those cars a little bit. However, you can win the Celica or RX-7 races without any tuning whatsoever. So I tend to think the kei-style cars get some help from the AI, but after that, they run just as they are, Normal tires and no other assistance but perfectly-tuned gearboxes, no matter what the circuit.

perfectly-tuned gearboxes
You´re refering to key cars only eight? Because I - for example - saw a clio sport reaching several times the redline in a test course race.
As for other cars considering the leaning and corner speed I´d at least say no suspension or special tyres - in most of the cases anyway.

Isn´t there any way - I don´t know - like checking the the AI codes with gameshark to find that out, just out of curiosity?

Back