Alfa Romeo Reveals 532hp Giulia GTA and Track-Ready GTAm

That looks fantastic, and the normal GTA is just right for a more civilized look, while still looking badass

It looks tremendous, but I just don't see the point of it. If you want a hardcore track toy, why cripple it with an additional pair of doors and suboptimal aerodynamics?

Also, Alfa should seriously focus on cars that actually sell. Last year was their worst in the past 30+ years in Europe. The Giulia and Stelvio were an amazing way to kickstart the new chapter in AR history, but where are the follow ups? Where's the new Giulietta? The CUV? The large SUV? The large sedan? The sports car? The halo supercar? All of these were supposed to be launched by now and all we got in the past 4 years or so is a couple of special editions and a facelift.

Seriously, I want Alfa to succeed more than just about anything in the car world, but they just seem to be spinning their wheels, coming up with grand 5-year plans and then not delivering. I don't want them to be gone. I wanted the Giulia and Stelvio to be the beginning of something amazing, but at the moment they seem to be the beginning and the end.

I usually have nothing against meaner versions of already powerful cars, but this upgrade makes an otherwise pretty design look silly in my opinion.

This may be the most wicked-looking Alfa Romeo race car since the awesome 155 TI V6 of the mid-1990s. Sure the 155 V6 TI was an absolute beast in its DTM days, but this modern Alfa Romeo seems to retain its beautiful elegance while being a good bit mean. An expression I like to use in describing this beautiful car would be "a rose with thorns." I mean, I dig it a whole lot.

The Quadrifoglio as already a great looking car. This one looks better in my opinion. It looks more aggressive and has that wider stance I like. The spoiler is okay, but it does suit the design.

tenor8qkqe.gif

My dream car just got even better. Kinda disappointing that the 0-60 isn’t 3.5 or below

ss3
My dream car just got even better. Kinda disappointing that the 0-60 isn’t 3.5 or below
Alfa Romeo gives the 0-62mph time of 3.6s (compared to 3.9s for the QF). By general industry rule of thumb, that's 3.4s (compared to 3.7s), but it's more likely bang on 3.5s as I don't think there's a gear change in there.

It looks tremendous, but I just don't see the point of it. If you want a hardcore track toy, why cripple it with an additional pair of doors and suboptimal aerodynamics?

I know, right? Bring back two-door coupes! (says the guy who drives an RX-8)

It looks pretty nice inside and out, but I prefer the exterior of the regular QF. This one's a little too bonkers, though I'm sure it can get to the shop quicker.

We've never seen the Giulia in GtSport (and probably we won't see it). Hopefully we could play with this thing in GT7 (as a dlc, not from day 1, eh)

Did I see the production numbers correctly, 500 for both?

Clearly they are interested in speculators buying their cars now, not getting as many of their cars into the hands of enthusiasts as possible.

Shame

Personally I don't like the new front bumpers of both versions and the rear wing of the GTAm cause they seem one of those customizations present in Need For Speed Payback / Heat. They could do better sincerely.

We've never seen the Giulia in GtSport (and probably we won't see it). Hopefully we could play with this thing in GT7 (as a dlc, not from day 1, eh)

Did I miss something, or is there a good reason for the QF or this not coming to GT Sport? (apart from the wind down on updates) Been praying for the QF silhouette every month for what seems like an eternity

Did I miss something, or is there a good reason for the QF or this not coming to GT Sport? (apart from the wind down on updates) Been praying for the QF silhouette every month for what seems like an eternity
I'd love to see it in the game, but PD is all about the slow road cars:lol:.

mef
Did I see the production numbers correctly, 500 for both?

Clearly they are interested in speculators buying their cars now, not getting as many of their cars into the hands of enthusiasts as possible.

Shame
It is a shame. As for the 500 for both, that's a pretty good strategy, they could potentially sell 1000 if the demand is there. 500 of each.
It reminds me of a Mitsubishi Evo.
Yes I got that from a few angles.

Would love to see PD's rendition of the Giulia QV (speaking as a real life owner of a QV). The versions in TheCrew2 and Assetto Corsa are the 6-speed manuals which heavily dilutes performance compared to the ZF 8-speed.
On the GTAm, what a wicked front bumper, and love the Alcantara dash. The rest of the car just doesn't do it for me, the regular QV is a thing of beauty (I have people taking photos as I drive past!), this thing isn't. Here's to hoping they beat the Jag's Nurburgring time though!

Back