Alfa Romeo TZ2 vs. AMG SEL 6.8 - Classic Car Sprint Event – May 30th 13:00 EST / 18:00 BST

I saw some of the Alfas on the TPC Discord, really nice, keep them coming ^^ I like the bike-themed once especially, the Alfa is so small, it seems very appropiate to go with a livery from motorcycle racing.

About the Benz, good question...I have one or two DTM-themed liveries for the Mercedes in my collection, they work quite well I think, especially the Black #3 Sonax one, but it makes the car look weirdly modern some of the times. Maybe they would look cool if they got backdated to the 60s/70s with the older logos by the same sponsors? ...ah, and I think one of my favourite Mercedes liveries was the blue and white striped Boss Mercedes SL driven in the early 80s Paris-Dakar.

View attachment 1009414

Or maybe commit some heresy and repurpose the SL to one of its direct rivals by giving it a livery from one of the many Steinmetz Opel Commodores ^^:
View attachment 1009415
View attachment 1009416
Latest one..
PS_App_20210507_115309.jpeg

Hey everybody, I've opened up BoP testing lobby for the TZ2 vs. SEL event on May 30th. Will last for about the next 2h. I did the basic BoP at Interlagos (part of the event) and now wanna test it at the other tracks. I'll simply train a sprint race distance at every track with every car. If someone wanna join for a few laps, you're very welcome. Lobby is friends-only. If somebody shows up, we could do a short test race at the end of each track's testing sesion.

Hey everybody, I've opened up BoP testing lobby for the TZ2 vs. SEL event on May 30th. Will last for about the next 2h. I did the basic BoP at Interlagos (part of the event) and now wanna test it at the other tracks. I'll simply train a sprint race distance at every track with every car. If someone wanna join for a few laps, you're very welcome. Lobby is friends-only. If somebody shows up, we could do a short test race at the end of each track's testing sesion.
On my way

Thx @RacingGrandpa and @Drex124 for joining the testing session tonight. Drex and me were able to run Le Mans, Maggiore and Spa more or less extensively, which was very helpful and kinda illuminating. Thus, there's the following BoP update: The Merc gains a bit of weight and is now set at 88%, all other settings stay the same. Le Mans without chicanes is sadly not really feasible with untuned cars as the Mercedes' gearbox maxes out too early, eaven when it is in slipstream. So I changed it to Le Mans with chicanes for now in the hope that this will provide some leveling. Alright, that's it for now, good night ;)

@R_Goldstreiff hey, so I’m not fully confirmed for this race, it is kind of late at night and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend all of them. Drex’s Group Cs are on that day too, so put me down as a reserve in case I can’t make it.
I got an SEL from Daily Workouts so I’ll be switching to that car.

Oh man I'd love to join this but my own league is running at the exact same timeslot.
If somebody is in need of a livery however, look no further. :D
I am sorry Nuschel! It's hard to sometimes find time slots for one-off events among the regular running series on here. Would have been very nice to see you join. I guess your car for the evening is not the Merc...we might have joined forces than ;). And that Hannen Alt livery is great.

Drivers: @Rods @Pigems @GTP_Guido @Drex124 @MaxAttack / Maybes: @Panoz @RACECAR / Reserves: @AfraidRacer @RacingGrandpa >> Roll call for tomorrow. I think nearly all of you already told me if or how they will or might be avaiable, but thought I put one out nonetheless for form's sake ;).
The race lobby will open in a bit less than 22h and 50 minutes, at 18h45 CEST / 17h45 UK / 12h45 EST, the first race will start half an hour later at 19h15 CEST / ... - after that we will do the five races in short succession.
Alright, looking forward to this one, these cars should be fun and it was great already seeing so many cool liveries in the runup to the event. Will be some cool race pics tomorrow =) I also think/hope that maybe a few more of my lobby friends might join us in this one, we will see.
Cheers

Hey everybody, the race lobby for the Alfa TZ2 vs. AMG SEL 6.8 event will open in 20 minutes. Race 1 will start in 50 minutes.

I am restarting my systems soon and logging of all other devices from my network except my PS4. You can reach me through PSN from now on (I’ve opened up a group chat with those drivers who have already said that they’ll show up as well).

We are 11 signed up drivers so there are still spots open for anybody who fancies a few races in some amazing classic cars. You are very invited to join! We’ll race with no tuning on sport softs with grippy old cars, so the races should be accessible even without training. And of course it is sufficient if you only own one of these two cars as well. =)

Hey everybody, thx for taking part in this event, it was really lovely from the looks and the close racing. However, I am very sorry that we had so many connection issues. All in all 7 or 8 drivers were affected by it. Sorry @MaxAttack & @Drex124, specially sorry that it didn't work for you @RacingGrandpa as you had prepared so many nice liveries. Not sure, I'll have to look into it. I got a new router a few weeks ago. But there were also people reporting disconnect issues in other lobbies...ah well. I think we were all able to connect to Tob-Racer's pratice lobby, maybe he has to host next time ^^
Anyway, I'll post the race results and some race pics soon.
Thanks for your time!
ps: No problem @VulcanSpirit , maybe we'll see each other (or more accurately I see you going off into the distance) in some other lobby this summer! There's soft rumours of the LM67 event maybe being done a 4th time, but maybe it's too early to tell ;)

Last edited:
Back