All American Championship...

• Thread starter Shapes
  • 19 comments
Can anyoen suggest a car for this? I've been trying it with a Ford GT @800HP, but I get spanked every time, best I could manage after almost two dozen attempts is 3rd place.

Any ideas?

~cheers

I beat all the races in the American Hall with my '69 Camaro SS. Sounds like my neighbor Kid's stock Eclipse with an "Ash Can" Muffler & it handles like a Beached Whale even w/every suspension update but it was enough for all four series ...O.G. :D

GT40 did fine for me. Use these settings.

Spring rate 9.5/12.3
ride height 85/85
bound 2/3
rebound 4/6
camber 3.5/2.5
stabalizers 6/6

Gears
final 3.360
auto 18

Driving aids
over 10
under 10
TCS 5

LSD
Torque 12
acel 34
decel 27
brakes 5/4

Win Stars and Stripes with the GT40, then use the Camaro LeMans Race car you win on the first competition. Then use the Buick Special on the last two.

I used my Caddy Cien.
Lowered almost to the bump stops,
Tranny trick and play with the ratios to match the track.

I think I used the Camaro LM edition '01. It's a great car with awesome braking ability, and it's super easy to drive. Really sticks to the road. You have to win the stars and stripes event to get it. I think you can use your Ford GT to win that one.

Chest_Rockwell
I think I used the Camaro LM edition '01. It's a great car with awesome braking ability, and it's super easy to drive. Really sticks to the road. You have to win the stars and stripes event to get it. I think you can use your Ford GT to win that one.
Yup, basically what I just said. And I agree on the Camaro LeMans race car, I'm on lap 53/66 on El Capitan and three laps ahead of second place. I raced 52 laps myself I just now put it on B-Spec. Got tired of it... More power to the people who did the entire Nurburgring 24h in A-Spec.

nightfall
Yup, basically what I just said. And I agree on the Camaro LeMans race car, I'm on lap 53/66 on El Capitan and three laps ahead of second place. I raced 52 laps myself I just now put it on B-Spec. Got tired of it... More power to the people who did the entire Nurburgring 24h in A-Spec.

Dude, Nightfall, being an old-school GT purist myself, as you also seem to be, don't you thing it's crazy how good the Camaro LM is? I mean, there are a lot of way better cars in the game, but for a camaro...I mean, I just never really cared for any of the Camaros in any of the GT games, but this one is pretty solid. Not that I've been driving it much lately. I just finished the super speedway 100 laps with the BMW V12 LMR (Dell LeMans '99), but my drunk St. Patricks Day-partying-ass is impressed with the Camaro. Anyway...back to work(on GT4).

American Championship and no mention of a Mustang anywhere? Not that I have a problem with a Camaro, I like them too, but no Mustang? Who made this game, somebody from Japan?

well what do you expect not only does the ss handle way better than a mustang it gets more power to the wheels. ss comes with 319hp get the oil changed and boom your at the stock 325hp level. now the mustang has 300hp and doesnt handle as great as a camaro. PLUS the ls1 in the camaro is far superior than the modular V-8 in the mustang. push rods will always own over the modular fords. i know this cuz i have a modular v-8...cough*.....go camaro!!

-Mike

Chest_Rockwell
Dude, Nightfall, being an old-school GT purist myself, as you also seem to be, don't you thing it's crazy how good the Camaro LM is? I mean, there are a lot of way better cars in the game, but for a camaro...I mean, I just never really cared for any of the Camaros in any of the GT games, but this one is pretty solid. Not that I've been driving it much lately. I just finished the super speedway 100 laps with the BMW V12 LMR (Dell LeMans '99), but my drunk St. Patricks Day-partying-ass is impressed with the Camaro. Anyway...back to work(on GT4).
Yes, I was very impressed with the Camaro LM. I was however a Camaro fan in GT3, my second car was a Camaro SS. :)

AX Battler
Is this the one with 5 races or 3?

I think they changed the name slightly in PAL we have "Stars and Stripes" and "American Grand Prix"

I believe it has 4.

For this track almost any Camaro will work... God I hope they come back out!

Cool car is Holden Commodore - mix between Camaro and the 90's Impala SS. GM makes some serious engines.

GT5 - lets see some novas, 442's, and Impala's.

Back