all gold

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by troll, Oct 31, 2002.

1. troll

troll

has anyone here got all gold in the liecence tests iam trying at the moment and is a lot harder than first thought
    i was wondering which is the best to do for getting the decent cars first :mad:

2. Davey

Davey

I've done it once in the past, and I'm (half-heartedly) working on it again now. Just watcht he demonstrations and you'll get it. IA is a good one, as you get the FTO LM, one of the best cars under 591 hp, and also a damned good rallyer. Of course the S license is good too (GT-ONE LM), but some consider it harder. IMO it's not that hard, but meh.

3. Yeah i did it. And I hated it. but id rather do it again then do the Vitz series over .

4. Joey

Joey

i got all golds in B, just to get all the Spoon cars in the game. the S2000 was hardly worth it.

5. Burnout

Burnout

not at all

6. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I'm still working on all-gold.

B was rather easy, now that I'm on to others. A was moderately difficult except for those darn RS200 tests.

I'm here and there on the rest. Actually, I only have 3 more on I-A to complete, and 5 on S, but I'm in no race for the GT-One '99.

Hey, no bronzes, though...thinking about an all-silver club!

7. Shannon

Shannon

I want to get the FTO LM. :grumpy:

8. Gil

Gil Premium

What I do with GT2. Is get all Golds on the B-liscense.
    Then i finish all the others, barely passing in some cases.
    (I still hate the slalom)
    Then I use the S2000 with a modded tranny, and maybe a chip.
    Then I do the enduro at Trial mtn (295 HP limit).
    The Spoon S2K can win easily against the grocery getters in this one, and only pit one time.
    You win 150,000 and the Denso Sard Supra. You can keep it to win other series or sell it and have 400.000 for your nefarious pursuits. Personally, It is good for the Unlimited HP series, and the 680 HP enduro at GVS.
    If you do it right you should only have 8-10 days elapsed (GT2 time).
    If you happen to be a collector, Start watching the Used car lots for the Subaru 22B.
    These three cars are a good base for winning all the rest of the races over 246HP.
    This is my "Get Rich Quick" Scheme for GT2.

9. Shannon

Shannon

And get pissed off in the process of getting all golds.

10. WHEELSTAND

WHEELSTAND

I've just started trying to get all gold, it's freakin' killing me. I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was. I've been tempted to smash my playstation many times. An all silver club is the best idea I've ever heard of.

11. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

Remember, trying for all-gold really is the toughest thing you can do in GT2...bar none!

I find it hard to believe that the fine folks at PD were skilled enough to achieve those times in gold; however, by making it difficult, they were probably not doing what they were supposed to do...namely, checking the software for bugs!

Look at it this way, it keeps you interested in the game long after the fun of winning titles has left. Of course, I'm still not completely bored with the game, so all-gold isn't a high priority for me on a daily basis.

I reckon I'll acheive it sometime in 2007.

12. bla

bla

all gold is really insane - there is a test in rome full course with the alfa 155 touring car where the demonstration time is actually below the gold mark :eek:

13. bla

bla

I personally find that sometimes the prize cars aren´t always worth the nervous breakdown (unless you´re aiming at the perfect gt2 game). well after completing the first license i think no one was expecting much but afterwards you get the concept car (replaced by the limited edition) the 3000 gt LM (replaced by the 3000 gt LM 99) and the gt one race car 99 (not necessarily replaced but with the gt one road car 98 as an alternative). now the FTO LM and especialy the crx del sol LM those are worth the wait (or the broken pad :mad: )

14. Intel Inside

Intel Inside

The Spoon S2000 isn't worth the attempt at getting all golds - unless you want to show off at your hopeless friends.

15. Speed 12

Speed 12 Premium

Yeah Ive gotten all golds on a PC with a emulator(ePSXe) using automatic transmission. Try that Quite interesting.

BTW it was using a keyboard