All info needed about online use 4 ps2

• Thread starter King Cow
  • 2 comments
First of all I would like to tell you that yes indeed you will be able to use a 56k connection via phone line. Sony has teemed up with AOL to offer their own ISP connection. However any ISP that you may already have will allow you to go online with the PS2. In November Sony will be releasing it's online components including:
The Network Card, 40 gigabyte hardrive, Hi Res Digital Flat Screen Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse. You will not be required to buy the monitor, keyboard, mouse or hardrive in order to go online, but you will need to pick up the network card ($40 US). The hardrive will be used to download various things off the net, as you would with a normal computer. When the network card is released in November, the AOL browser will already be installed, along with java, flash and Real Player, also a version of Instant Messenger will be included in the AOL browser. If you are not already signed up with AOL, but already have an ISP (Internet Service Provider) you will be permitted to stay with the ISP that you currently have. Also the Network card will support 28k, 56k and BroadBand connections.

Any other questions? :D

thanks for the info, but I was wondering only though a phone line huh? With the whole cable connections sweeping the nation, wouldn't the phone line be setting PS2 back a bit... :confused:

Well Magic, I use a phone line (DSL) and it is great. Cable sucks. Cable would be setting it back. DSL would be much better. You gotta share cable with everyone around your damn block and if everyone's on, look out. You're at 56 gay speeds. If PS2 would work with your existing DSL, I think that would be more close to ideal.

Back