Votes: 35 17.5%
  • Honda NSX '08

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Lexus SC430 '08

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan GT-R '08

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
I bought the GT-R. Drove it for a good minute, made a livery and sold it. Awesome car, but i'm just loving the RC F. It's different, in that the road car it represents, is softer than the Gt-R & NSX. Probably why I preferred the Petronas SC in GT6. Don't know if I'll get around to buying the NSX. I should, but I need a reason(Jenson Button?).

I can help you with that! Search function, livery, #xpower75.

Features metallic gold base with all decals wrapped around it, all accurate sponsors, lower 3rd in carbon fibre and allows You To put your name next to Jensons - be his team mate! Please like, share and follow. Cheers!
7070740486167758353_23.jpg

Over the motorsport off-season, I caught myself up with last year’s Super GT season. I grew fond of the Wako’s team so naturally when this update dropped, I immediately bought the RC-F (specifically the Nick Cassidy version because it reminded me of his incredible struggle to pop open his rice wine on the podium at Okayama last year :lol:).

The car is an absolute joy to drive, I just took it to as many tracks as I could to see what it was capable of. The Nürburgring was a highlight, for sure, I can’t remember the last time I really felt that much confidence with a car on that track.

Unfortunately the Campaign races are woefully easy. I just gave up, running circles around the AI like that was just boring. I didn’t feel like racing online, so to get my self a challenge I just created custom races with Gr. 1 cars for the AI.

Gave the NSX a go today. Not knowing what to expect I tuned power/weight to level 2 and off I went to Suzuka in the GT League race. It would be an understatement to say that I was not expecting the sheer speed, the first corner was... interesting. After that I dialed myself in to the handling and had a blast.

I bought the GT-R and immediately put Jann Mardenborough's Calsonic #12 livery on it...and then drove the wheels off the NSX. :P I probably won't touch the Lexus until I win one in the daily roulette. These things are amazing though! Glad they brought them back! Hoping we'll get some of the old ones as well with some BoP settings to even them out.

I am sure that most of the folks reading/posting to this thread watch it anyway but for anyone else Nismo TV on YouTube is great for Super GT coverage. Really enjoying watching it now I have suddenly got into GT500 and multi-class racing in GTS. Okayama coming up this weekend. Jenson Button's channel is OK too but I am guessing no in-car stuff due to rights but quite interesting anyway. Was amazed to see the size of the sills in the GT500s.

An example from Nismo TV - damned scary!!!

CJ

4836897965645760000_0.jpg

This thing is awesome! Tuned to 618hp/1025kg, stock everything else. 4th gear pull is amazing. Other than that, it's a bit too light in road feel. However, grip is there, just doesn't have the "feel" like my RC F.

This thing is awesome! Tuned to 618hp/1025kg, stock everything else. 4th gear pull is amazing. Other than that, it's a bit too light in road feel. However, grip is there, just doesn't have the "feel" like my RC F.

And this has exactly what to do with the All Japan GT Car Championship? You know, what with it being a championship that you can only enter in 1 of 3 Japanese GR2 (GT500) cars?

And this has exactly what to do with the All Japan GT Car Championship? You know, what with it being a championship that you can only enter in 1 of 3 Japanese GR2 (GT500) cars?
I do Custom Races. Took this pic in a race I finished. I can still race in Gr.2, the game allows it.

In the real series, DTM are lookin to open their regs to new manufacturers. This is an option, I've chosen to race against the series' cars. That's what it has to do with the All Japan GT Car Championships.

It has nothing to do with it. This is about 3 cars, and 3 cars only. Not difficult to understand.
Um hello. I made the tread. Think I understand what I posted in the OP. Not hard to understand making an observation.

I don't feel like making a separate thread about said observation. I posted a reply in THIS thread. If I feel like posting about the Audi set up in another thread, I believe I can do that as well.

Wait, you can race the Audi Vision GT in the All Japan GT?

How much did you nerf the car by? Exact power and weight to Gr.2?

Wait, you can race the Audi Vision GT in the All Japan GT?

How much did you nerf the car by? Exact power and weight to Gr.2?
Custom Race in Gr.2.

At Suzuka, the Audi doesn't pull away so much in 5th. The SGT cars are even. 6th gear in the Audi is long. However, in the slipstream, is pretty fast.

Just an aside to the actual thread (didn't want to start a new one for 1 question). What is the deal with the SGT wings? I've had a look online and it appears that the 2016 cars had the narrow wing, like we see in GT Sport, and a wider wing!
2016SuperGTpreview-Nissan1.jpg
supergt-okayama-2016-1-nismo-nissan-gt-r-nismo-gt3-tsugio-matsuda-ronnie-quintarelli.jpg

I assume its to do with downforce? But I don't know why they don't use skinny wings like in F1??

I can help you with that! Search function, livery, #xpower75.

Features metallic gold base with all decals wrapped around it, all accurate sponsors, lower 3rd in carbon fibre and allows You To put your name next to Jensons - be his team mate! Please like, share and follow. Cheers!
View attachment 726150
You can edit downloaded liveries or have I missunderstood?

Just an aside to the actual thread (didn't want to start a new one for 1 question). What is the deal with the SGT wings? I've had a look online and it appears that the 2016 cars had the narrow wing, like we see in GT Sport, and a wider wing!
2016SuperGTpreview-Nissan1.jpg
supergt-okayama-2016-1-nismo-nissan-gt-r-nismo-gt3-tsugio-matsuda-ronnie-quintarelli.jpg

I assume its to do with downforce? But I don't know why they don't use skinny wings like in F1??

My guess is that they use different wings for different tracks for downforce/drag ( that would be negative lift if for any aerodynmacists here) purposes. Also notice how the wider wing is nearly flat and the narrow wing has a much pronounced "ski jump" to it.

@Islaygaz

In the years 2014-2016 the Super GT Cars had that wider rear wing for Fuji due to the low drag nature of the aero needed for that track.

Starting from 2017, All GT500 cars must have the wide rear wing as part of a rules package to trim downforce as a means to slow them down.

Personally, I like the wider rear wings way more, but PD will probably add post 2017 GT500 cars at some time.

My guess is that they use different wings for different tracks for downforce/drag ( that would be negative lift if for any aerodynmacists here) purposes. Also notice how the wider wing is nearly flat and the narrow wing has a much pronounced "ski jump" to it.

@Islaygaz

In the years 2014-2016 the Super GT Cars had that wider rear wing for Fuji due to the low drag nature of the aero needed for that track.

Starting from 2017, All GT500 cars must have the wide rear wing as part of a rules package to trim downforce as a means to slow them down.

Personally, I like the wider rear wings way more, but PD will probably add post 2017 GT500 cars at some time.

Thanks for the responses guys! I looked back at the pictures and noticed how flat the wider wing is! Still don't quite get why they need a wider wing for lower downforce - they could just change the angle of attack like F1 do for Monza!

@sumbrownkid - I prefer the wider wings too. When i first saw the SGT cars in GT Sport I thought: Very cool, but that rear wing is way to narrow. It looks ridiculous!

Here's my thoughts... I got a free Lexus in the daily roulette wheel.

I have raced on Maggiore once and I got a podium with some fairly dodgy driving so obviously you can win with some fairly reasonable driving.

I have raced on Kyoto and was about 8 secs behind with some pretty consistent driving but I got 8th so I suspect you need to improve a little and you'll be able to overtake the lot on maybe a lap and a bit.

I'm bored with Suzuka so will leave that.

I think I may need to spend some experience points to boost the car.

I'm generally not that great at these class races because obviously you're all in the same class of car so it has that GT6 thing where 1st to 10th is like spaced over 12 seconds.

Hope PD add more races in the 18th update.

If you guys are getting gold on your first outing then yeah... you guys are a lot faster than me.

Using RSS tyres, TC0 ABS1 as usual. not tuned, gearbox std. I suspect no amount of tuning will help much as the car feels fine except for a feeling that there's not enough straight line speed. Brakes are super fantastic.

I thought the Lexus was best on Suzuka, but I take that back. Just raced Suzuka endurance with the NSX and it was so much more nimble, and with a little front brake bias I didn't much stability issues, not any more than with the Lexus anyway. Just have to be gentle on the throttle in those low gears, but I'm already used to that driving the 458 Gr.3 all the time.

After running these races twice each I must come to the conclusion that I suck at these.

6 races, 0 wins, a silver on each track.

Using a Lvl3 power Lvl3 weight reduced Lexus. I think this thing is like 900hp and a ton so its a lot faster than a stock machine.

I gotta do these and the thing is I'm not far behind the winner, like sub 2 secs so I just need to cut down on unforced errrors or use TC1.

Pretty humbling seeing the Skylines walk you, the Hondas not so much. Also the GT300 machines maybe be down on power but they have the same cornering speeds as you.

I'm a D rated driver and even I find these races easy to win using a 100% stock set up. Have faith in the cornering speeds, they are far faster than the GT3 cars. Perhaps running so much power is the issue as your braking points will be messed up. As standard, braking points are near enough identicle to the GT3 cars even with their standard extra power over a GT3 and sometimes you can brake just that bit later. Trust the cars grip, they really are something else!

Last edited:
I did the Kyoto race this morning and by the fast left hairpin after the esses I was in first - on lap 3. I was driving like a gent too to ensure that clean race bonus (300,000 for clean) so I wasn't really pushing that hard. That was in the GTR, which I feel has the best balance at Kyoto.

Picked the Lexus and even if I didn't bump into any AI car, I didn't get the clean race bonus. Go figure.

These races can easily be won on stock settings. I am average at best and breezed through them to such an extent that I was laughing at how awful the AI were.

Insultingly easy races.
Pretty much, expect for a few situations where the green NSX starts pushing after you've overtaken it. But it's an on/off behaviour, doesn't last for long.

@Islaygaz

I hope they add the wider wings, they look so odd with the narrow little wings

Back