Alpes-Maritimes (Route Napoléon)

Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
wp7708c2e9_0a.jpg

LdShRHk.png

The current Route Napoléon, first opened in 1932, follows the route taken by Napoléon I (Napoléon Bonaparte) in 1815 on his march from Elba to Grenoble. Napoléon had abdicated in April of 1814 and gone to Elba (history). In March of 1815, he began his journey with the intention to overthrow Louis the 18th. The historical aspect makes this road even better, Napoleon traced the route through the Alps leading to fabulous scenery and views.

The Route Napoleon itself begins in Grasse, the route then continues all the way to Grenoble over 150km away, tracing its way through both the Alps Maritimes and the Alps. The Route Napoleon road itself is a fantastic design, with cambered corners and fantastic scenery. In contrast with the mountain passes this route is more designed for speed and the ability to really appreciate the performance of the car.

The advantage of the Route Napoleon is that it is much the same smooth rhythm from beginning to end, so you can appreciate any part of the road without needing to confine yourself to one specific part. The smoothness of this route makes it a fantastic driving experience for anyone, which along with the scenery makes for a truly thrilling driving experience with many photo opportunities.

800x600_1273518730546.jpg
DSC00499 as Smart Object-1.jpg

N85_-_Route_Napoleon_-_Prairie_de_la_Rencontre_-_Laffrey.jpg

6a00d8341c60f753ef0120a8a73808970b.jpg

Nice, I'd much rather have an epic highway like this than a closed circuit as the next place to drive in the game.

This one would also be great for the people who like to use the game's photo mode, I guess.

The route Napoleon is really fun to drive, but really too dangerous to drive it fast. I've made it several times in Clio Renault Sport (2 & 3). This "not-so-large" road learn you to be humble with the gas pedal.

Totaly agree with you SKYCUBE,i did that road too several times in my Leon R ,the road is really nice but the problem is,
i think it would be complicated for play in GT7!
And what part of the road to choose?
Maybe between GRENOBLE and LA MURE,have larger ways in the climb,and could be a good fast track to play,with lot of curves anyway...
The other parts are like you said not so large,and not sure it would be that fun or nice to play.
Anyway Tsukishima you are right ,the road is really beautiful.
I think the CHAMROUSSE road ( "course de cote" track) could be a better road for play!
Maybe SKYCUBE did you tried it too? what do you think?(Moi j'en ai cramé de la godasse michelin la bas lol)

Wish you all a nice day,and long life to GT series!

Back