• Thread starter Spec M
  • 3 comments

Spec M

Spec M Built
Premium
United States
Texas
Whiskey345ci
Hey, I recently decided to restart my entire GT saga. Im currently in the beginner league of GT3 and entering the Altezza championship for the second time for some extra cash. Im satisfied with my setup it feels like im driving a coupe when I take this thing through the apex. When I build a car for an event like this I try to keep everything logical as far as mods. Meaning it could be a car that is still street legal and maybe something that me or you could actual work on in our backyards or garages. The current mods are:

• Stage 1 Sports Suspension
  • Stage 2 Muffler & Air Cleaner
  • Racing Chip
  • Twin Plate Clutch
  • Semi Racing Flywheel
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Semi Racing Trans (for the tight city circuits)
  • Stage 1 Turbo

I know I can get more out of this car with these investments. Do you guys have any tuning tips for a everyday driver/weekend racer styled IS200?

I noticed you're not using a limited-slip differential in your IS 200. You should try using one...it'll help when exiting those sharp corners (if you're like me and don't use TCS, that is). :sly:

I've always found the beginner-level Altezza races to be a bit more advanced than the rest of the make/model races. For instance, you can enter an Audi TT completely stock in the TT series and smoke the AI with no qualifying or oil change. Same goes with the Type R Series, same with the Silver Arrows.

Still, you don't need super-parts to win the Altezzas. LIke you, i find a sports suspension & tires and other basic parts will suffice.

Check out this website:

http://community.webtv.net/thebeast66/GT3Aspec

Yea I dont have LSD but I kno I should. The city courses, (seattle, and route 249) are the ones that give me the most trouble. I also like you never use TCS at all. What do you think is the best LSD for me? (1.5 0r 2.0)

Yea I dont have LSD but I kno I should. The city courses, (seattle, and route 249) are the ones that give me the most trouble. I also like you never use TCS at all. What do you think is the best LSD for me? (1.5 0r 2.0)

I would go with the 1.5...the 2.0 will inhibit your abilty to turn-in as you brake and approach corners. So i would use either a 1.5 or a full-custom unit set like so:

Initial: somewhere in the mid to high teens
Accel: depends on the course. Anywhere from low 20's to mid 30's
Decel: I'd keep this lowish....10 or 12.

Basically these cars love to get squirrely out of corners, but i've noticed they seem relatively stable as you approach corners; hence the low decel.

Back