Am I hallucinating or something?

• Thread starter MistaY
  • 15 comments

MistaY

(Banned)
Is it me or do the advertising hoardings on the side of the tracks randomly change every race?

I only noticed this because I raced on Tahiti circuit, for some testing. Went back out and bought some stuff for my 240SX (or whatever it's bloody called in the American version that i'm currently playing) went back into the race and a sign that had a big red Advan logo on it had changed into a BP logo. I suppose if you concentrate on the track and racing you probably don't experience this, but does this happen on other tracks to?

Also why does the American version have an NSX cup in the honda area, but you have to go and buy the NSX from the bloody Acura car lot which is in the south city.

Oh and where the hell is my KPG10 Skyline GT-R, it seems that the days that certain cars appear are different from the Japanese version, because I think I missed the 22b as well.

Anyways, this thread is awesome.

Yes, the ads change with every race. There's not much rhyme or reason, because you might find a Ford and Chevy ad side-by-side, for example.

The ads stay the same during each race entry; during practice/test run and race, the ads are the same. If you choose Time Trial, the ads are the same no matter how many times you go back to change Settings.

Acura's only in the NTSC versions, the used NSX's don't exist in those versions. Acura NSXs get tuned in the Acura dealer, but you have to go to Honda to get a ASC or TCS for a Takata/Raybrig/Mugen/Mobil 1 NSX GT.

You can find a '71 GT-R on day 330-340; I just bought a silver one. You can also get one on the first 10 days, if you can get enough credits (~35k).

Ah, GTP is being wierd it's not just my connection.

So every time you go to the race from the menu the ads change, but not when you go back to the setup menu thingo.

I thought that you have to Buy the JGTC NSX's from the Special honda part though?

Triple post??? I don't think I've ever had a double post at GTP in the past 18 months I've been here.

Ads vary from track to track; notice also that some manufacturer's events have no ads whatsoever. Sometimes you don't notice anything, but a few, like High Speed Ring and Autumn Ring look quite unusual without the huge ad hoardings.

Strange days...

Yeah, there are a few tracks that have no ad changes; SSR5 is one example, I think there is another track like that.

Originally posted by pupik

You can find a '71 GT-R on day 330-340; I just bought a silver one. You can also get one on the first 10 days, if you can get enough credits (~35k).

I managed to scoop a 22b and the KPG10 '71 skyline up on the same day. Both on 280.

Although I have no idea what to do with the Skyline, got any good sugestions for what to race it in?

So SSR5 the ads don't change at all?

The '71 GT-R is meant for the Historic Cup races; it will give the GT40 a run for it's money. I've got one in my stable right now, hence the day number I gave you (had lost the old fully-tuned one, sadly). Maybe I can get it to win a GT300 series? Time will tell...but it's a fun to see that ugly beast beat up on other cars, I have to admit!

Originally posted by pupik
The '71 GT-R is meant for the Historic Cup races; it will give the GT40 a run for it's money. I've got one in my stable right now, hence the day number I gave you (had lost the old fully-tuned one, sadly). Maybe I can get it to win a GT300 series? Time will tell...but it's a fun to see that ugly beast beat up on other cars, I have to admit!

Thats what I was thinking, although I have already done the Historic cup races (with an elan I think) and then I have done the GT300, barely in the Altezza Toms 280T and a 240SX.

The race mod '71 GT-R reminds me of a rally prepped MKII Ford Esccort, which in my book is a good thing. :D

The road version is very nice as well.

Back