Amateur All Japan

• Thread starter LanEvo
  • 6 comments
Osillion
It's a beautiful day here at Midfield Raceway folks. We've got some of the top JGTC drivers here, along with a new comer. He's part of Team Gran Turismo, and will be driving the Team GT Toyota Altezza LM.

Lap 1.
Ok folks it looks like they're ready, all the engines are fired up and the lights begin to flash....AND THEY'RE OFF, the Raybrig NSX got an excellent start, gotta love that Mid-Ship setup, he leads the field into turn one. Looks like the Altezza didn't get a very good start, he's still at the rear of the back after the first turn. Oh wait..what's this, the Altezza dives to the inside for the first S-turn and pases the Calsonic Skyline as well as the Arta NSX! After the S, the Altezza makes another move! overtaking the Loctite Skyline. HARD braking into the tight turn, the Altezza brakes late and passes the Denso Sard Supra for 2nd, no wait, he passes the Raybrig NSX on the inside and takes the lead! Apparently he lost too much momentum as the Raybrig NSX moves to the inside and regains its 1st place position. The Loctite Skyline follows in line as a medium right hander comes up...there's nowhere for the Altezza to go! It's sideways watch out! The Altezza can't correct the spin and is left in the middle of the road, in 6th place as the pack flys around a sharp left hander. Now back to the leaders...the Raybrig NSX continues to lead the pack, the Calsonic Skyline has taken 2nd place! where did he come from!? They come onto the straight away at amazing speeds as they complete the first lap.

Lap 2.
And there goes the Altezza...he appears to be catching the pack ever so slightly. And here comes turn 1...brakes lock up as the cars try to slow down...the Calsonic Skyline threatens the Raybrig NSX for the lead, but he cant find a hole. The Altezza appears to be caught up now. On the straight away the Denso Sard Supra passes both the Raybrig NSX and the Calsonic Skyline for 1st place through the sharp right hander! The Calsonic Skyline sticks a nose under the NSX but the NSX has enough speed to hold him off on the straight away, the Altezza now appears to be passing the Arta NSX for 5th place. They come onto the straight away..Supra in the lead, he's carrying a lot of speed, and so is the Altezza!

Lap 3.
The Altezza steps out of line and passes both Skylines AND the Raybrig NSX for 2nd place as they dive into turn 1. The Altezza has closed the gap on the Denso Supra through the S turn and is threatening for the lead. The Altezza did it! He's moved to the inside passing the Denso Supra, but here comes a sharp right hander...brakes lock up...the Denso Supra takes the inside and passes the Altezza! Great Racing! The cars fly through an S-turn and slow down for a sharp left hander..the Altezza is going too fast! He bumps the Denso Supra..this seems to upset the Altezza and it slides sideways! This is his second spin-out this race! Can he work his way back to the lead? The rest of the field passes him as he gets back on the road. As they come onto the main straight-away its the Denso Supra with a commanding lead, followed by the Raybrig NSX.

Lap 4.
The Altezza has caught up to the Arta NSX on the straight away. He moves to the inside and overtakes the NSX, now trying to catch the rest of the back through the S. The Denso Supra still his a good lead over the rest of the pack. The Altezza has caught the Calsonic Skyline and..dives to the inside to take 4th place! Now the Altezza sets his sites on the Loctite Skyline for 3rd place...Tremendous speed down the hill and through the S, the Altezza makes his move! Passing the Loctite Skyline, but the Altezza drifts to the outside, allowing the Skyline to regain his position! The Altezza is hot on his heels up the hill and through the S, here comes the straight away...the Altezza steps out to make his move! Powering past the Loctite Skyline for 3rd, and passing the Raybrig NSX as well!

Lap 5.
The Altezza is really pushing hard, trying to close the gap between himself and the Denso Supra, here comes that fast S-turn the Altezza seems to carry a lot of speed through...he's got a run on the Supra! As they come onto the straight away the Altezza moves to the inside and overtakes! Hard braking as the tires lock up, the Altezza keeps his lead, followed closely by the Denso Supra. The Denso Supra driver appears to panic a bit and puts 2 wheels off the race track, he recovers easily but he's deffinatly losing ground to the 1st place Altezza. Down the hill the Altezza opens the lead to 1.06 seconds as they brake hard for the left hander. And as they come onto the main straight away, the Altezza motors away from the Supra, winning the race. The Supra finished second, followed by the Loctite Skyline , followed closely by the Raybrig NSX, in 5th place we have the Calsonic skyline, and in 6th place the Arta NSX.

1 ALTEZZA LM Race Car :D --------6'26.459
2 DENSO SARD SUPRA GT ---------6'28.310
3 LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R -------------6'30.763
4 RAYBRIG NSX -----------------------6'31.151
5 CALSONIC SKYLINE ---------------6'33.026
6 ARTA NSX ---------------------------6'35.496

My setup was basically stock..with T2s on the front, T3s on the rear. TCS lvl 2 and ASM lvl 0

thanks :) i wanted to do a writeup, and that was the only eventful race in the whole series(i swept the other races in the All Japan), so i figured i'd give it a shot.

Good to see a lot of new names contributing writeups here! Nice job.

im wanting to do another write-up..that ok with u guys? i can either use the same "speedvision guy with a brit accent spectator style" or i can do a more "from the driver's perspective format". i do compete in SCCA Solo II events and drive a mildly tuned prelude SiR, so i think i could give some pretty good realism in that format. just lemme know if theres a certain race/series you think i should do(if you want me to do one at all), as well as which format you would be more interested in. i really like entertaining, so gimme a response if you want some excitement :mischievous:

By all means, write-ups are always welcome. If it contains info that can be helpful to others, certianly post it.

My personal preference is towards races that challenge you or you did it in a car that isn't a regular one.

For instance, doing a write-up of the PD cup when you took the Toyota GT-one Road car, isn't likely a good topic. Taking a Nissan Silvia to the PD Cup is worth while. Running a Z06 in the Trial Mtn. Enduro isn't tough, running a Toyota MR2-GTS in the Trial Mountain is worthy of a write-up.

We each have our own style and dialect, as long as it's enjoyable, informative and well presented, we'd love to see it.

AO

Latest Posts

Back