amateur FR (race 1)

• Thread starter ving
  • 5 comments
spent 15 of my valuable 30 mins playinf with my escudo on the test course this morning and got tired of it...

So i grabed mt rx7-rs and headed off to the amateur FR races.

Race 1 -

5 laps of trial mountain (with bobo as my co-pilot).

my car: blue rx7-rs w/ chip, t2 tires and engine balancing.

there was a very healthy looking starting grid consisting of: rx7-rz, s2000 (of some description), supra-rz, 300zx, and myself in last possie.

The lights go green my rx7 leaps off the start and catches the 300zx b4 i reach the start line.... the next 2 laps i settle into 3rd place behind the s2000 the take him on the beginning of the 3rd, chasing down the rx7-rz while the s200 bumps me around.
lap 4, I pass the rx7 and he tails me for the remained of the last lap and a half. he is faster on the straights and catches me to bump in the corners...
I win my about a second.
This was a fairly closely matched race and only got the lead thru some hard braking and good cornering... the other 2 lead cars were much faster on the str8s.

in conclusion i have lernt one thing during this mini battle:
the 300zx looks great in yellow :D

race 2 -

5 laps seca (same lineup, diferent colours :odd:)

starting grid was the same, however the race went very diferently...

after 2 laps i had 2nd place with the rx7-rz in the lead and being very hard to gain ground on, and the 3rd place looking like he didnt stand a chance.
lap 4, last corner and i catch the leader. his acceleration is much faster than mine and by the bottom of the hill he has about 1.5 secs on me again, I spend lap 5 trying to catch the bugger. I start making considerable ground afeter the corkscrew (which i stuff up a bit) untill the last corner where i get desperate and duck down the inside knocking over the conesjust passing him. I plant my foot (finger) and start fishtailing with a lack of traction for some reason and he zip around me while I am trying to straighten up again (I'm not totally outa control) to win by a fraction of a sec.

what a nail biter...
pick up my 2nd place trophy (muttering to myself that 2nd place is first looser) and storm off tearing the cheque up as i go....

gonna have to do this one again... :/

yup... smooth does it i think.
sorry about the spelling errors, my lunch break was just about over and I was hurrying. :P

Back