amateur MR

• Thread starter ving
  • 7 comments
I cant search for this as the search function doesnt allow words under 3 letters (eg, like "MR").

currently doing this series and have had 5 goes at the first race in my MR2 GT-S.

heres my cars stats:

lightweight stage 1, turbo 1, semi-race suspension, race flywheel, chip, ( dont think there are any other HP mods). total HP = 315.

suspension lowered almost all the way.
dampeners at 6 front and rear
camber = F:2.0 r:1.2
stabilisers @ 3 F/R

tcs 1
asm 1

------------------------------------------

in the race i get as main competitors ZZS, elise 190, motorsport elise, some NSX.

tho i dont pit during the 5 laps at tokyo neither does the ZZS. everything else pits once.
each time i run this i get 3rd or 4th...

on the 4th lap i have the ZZS and motorsport elise ahead and i am gaining fast, then the MS elise pits at the end of 4th, i take 2nd and just about catch the ZZS by the 3/4 mark on lap five. but by then the elise 190, MS elise and NSX are right on my tail and closing fast as my tires and the tires of the ZZS are yellow going orange.
by the end, the elise 190 and MS elise have taken me and either the nsx has taken me too or i havent quite caught the ZZS or both, putting me in 3rd or 4th...

i might move up to sim tires, would this help dramtically?

Ving, buddy, T2s will solve your problem. Don't waste track time with street rubber.

yeah neon, but i wanna keep it competitive... I really just need a tiny boost in grip and i think t2s will be too much overkill.
as it is, I am only about 1.5 - 2 secs off winning but i am pushing the absolute limit

This has been on my to do list for quite some time. Everytime I've attempted it I've been beaten by less than a second. It seems that with every upgrade I make, the Elise get a matching boost.

Its been relegated to the back burner until I can finish teh R390 run I'm attempting.

I'll be insterested to hear how it works out.

AO

Originally posted by ving
yeah neon, but i wanna keep it competitive... I really just need a tiny boost in grip and i think t2s will be too much overkill.
as it is, I am only about 1.5 - 2 secs off winning but i am pushing the absolute limit
So, add the T2s, then drop the chip and flywheel. Maximize what you can do, with less power...

ok, i did it... but in a different car.
i used a 3400s with about 320hp. it has longer legs than the MR2 which has the needle bouncing off the top at the end of the main straight at tokyo.

I also added t2 tires and took off the t3s...
wom but just a bit over a sec. also won GV by about 2-3 secs.

Back