amateur turbo cup

• Thread starter ving
  • 8 comments
first race is 3 laps of apricot hill.

my car is the silvia i picked up in the amateur gt champs (still stock)

ok so i blitzed them!!
my taller 1st gear meant that i was off to a slow start but once into secont started gaining rapidly....

to say that downforce helps is an understatement... i took it easy and tho my power to weight was simiral to the AIs I took corners much faster.

the result:
me followed by the beetle rsi 5 secs behind (i wasnt even trying)
------------------------------------

race 2 is 3 laps of the test course (I skipped it to come back later as i wanted a challenge now)
---------------------------------------

race 3 is 3 laps of GV.

my car this time is a mildly tweaked rx7-rs with semi-race suspension and about 300hp (about 20 more than stock)... oh and t2 tires i think... or stock ones.

at the start i forgot that i took the tcs off completely, my standard setting being 1, and sat there spinning my wheels while every1 moved off.
I threw is into 2nd (wheels start to grip now) and chase them down fast!
almost catching them by the first corner I almost forget to brake, flying off the road and just about hittin the wall. I do a quick donut and move back out onto the road to chase once more.
the entire pack has about 12 secs on me and i catch up to the rear of them by half of the second lap and start overtaking.
I notice the pack has split with a skyline, silvia aero, and b4 blitzen making the rear and in the lead the beetle rsi and scooby jockeying for 1st about 10 secs ahead of the rest.3rd lap and i take 3rd place at the bottow of the hill (sharp right) which is a pretty good point to take some1. from here i hunt dow the leader who are still about 8-10 secs ahead.......
of course i dont even come close but it was fun trying....

i finish in 3rd and hold my head high!
i have done well

Its time to go, so i turn off the ps2 and........... doh!!!!
i forgot to save!
oh well :/

ok as the last line in the 1st post said, i forgot to save. i have now restarted this series.

the car= rz7-rs w/ 300hp and semi race suspension.

race 1= 3 laps of apricot hill

spent 2 laps getting to 2nd place and didnt think i'd reach first!!
I am chasing the beetle, who has about 4-5 secs on me over the line for the last lap. we seem to have similar speed going around the 1st corner, i am in 4th gear ready to pounce.... heres where it get bad...
we are heading donw to turns 2 and 3 which i normally take in 2nd gear, but i am desperate. I go easy on the brake, shift into 3rd (now going much faster than the beatle) and skip turn 2 altogether cutting accross what ever surface is there (grass or kitty litter) to end up just behind the beatle. I gained 4 second in the manuver for which i am now feeling guilty.
now chasing from less than a second off i still cant seen to gain any ground and realise that my only chance i to out brake him on the 2nd last corner and take the inside line.........
i line my self up and...........
pounce! it works and i win by a very narrow margin.

race 2 on wednesday prolly.

ok finally finished...
race 3 done next as i hate the test course...

decided to go with my 300zx which after a oil change went to a whopping 370 hp from 350hp.
I thought it was gonna be dead easy.
was i mistaken....
green lights and i am off thru the gears
1st- loosing ground fast
2nd- loosing ground slower
3rd- gaining a little gound
4th- loosing ground again..
by the first corner i am still .5 sec off the last guy!
dont get me wrong, this car is still a fav of myn (its my drifter), but it just cant keep pace!!!
after 1 lap and still fighting for 5th place i quit and jump back into my rx7-rs.

back on the last place of the grid.
GREEN!
and i am instantly weaving my way thru the pac to get 3rd by the first corner...
before lap 1 is over i have 1st place and it stays that way till the end.
i win by 2 secs.
my rx7-rs is just so much qwuicker and nimbler that the 300zx.
but it has 50 - 60hp less.
----------------------------------------------
race 2 test course 3 laps.
god i wish i didnt have to do this one!

i figure that the 300zx has longer legs than the rx7 so use that.
to cut a long story short, the 300zx is capable of about 310km/h on the straights and 289 on the corners....by 2nd lap i have 2nd place but the silvia aero has a 11 sec lead on me. and growing.... i finsh 13 secs behind (doesnt help that my kitten is clawing my leg) in second place.
now i dont have much in my garage as i discard all that i dont like.... my fastest turbo is my altezza LM... i thought "overkill" but it the only one with the legs.

now in the altezza and zooming thru the pack (i have set the tranny to fairly wide to get some speed up) and i am in first before you can say "the escudo sux".
now start the intersting part.
my top speed on the str8 is about 330km/h
on corners it's 315 km/h

for the entire race the silvia aero remains a measly 1.6 secs behind me!!!
why is this car so damn fast?
was the AI cheating?
WTF!!!
won by 1.6xx secs
sheesh i hate this series now!

Originally posted by ving
for the entire race the silvia aero remains a measly 1.6 secs behind me!!!
why is this car so damn fast?
was the AI cheating?
WTF!!!
won by 1.6xx secs
sheesh i hate this series now!

It was most likely AI cheating.:rolleyes: Was PD so desperate to provide competiton knowing they can't program AI *except for GT1* that they made the cheating AI to make it competitive?

Back