Amatuer Dreams

• Thread starter psonefreak
  • 4 comments
The small 4-cylinder of my stock Honda CR-X Del-Sol SiR roared loudly as I slid around the final curve of Grand Valley II, showing off a bit for my best friend. As we passed the pit exit after our first lap, a full size truck with flashing lights atop the cab came roaring out of the pits. What’s going on? I thought in my head, having never come across this before. “You in the red Del-Sol, please pull over now.” A voice boomed. We pulled over at the entrance to the former “Grand Valley East” section and waiting to see what it was. A large guy with a mean look walked over to my side of the car and told us we had to get the car off the track, the cars for the final found of this week’s amateur league Dream Car Championship would be arriving any minute, but we were welcome to stay and watch. With his assistance we parked in the normal parking garage and climbed up into the stands. After an exiting race, an S2000 LM race car took the flag and the championship, and I found out I could enter the next Championship, which started qualifying at 1 PM the very next day. I rushed home, anxious to find out what car I could use to finish off my amateur league career.
I only had one LM race car, the RX-7 LM in green, but today was not the day for that car. “What about this one?” called my friend from the back of my garage. I trotted over to see what she meant, and she was standing next to the dingy black TVR Tuscan Speed 6 I had used before, and I smiled, knowing this would be perfect.

Monday, 1:00 PM. – Qualifying Begins:

Even after several qualifying laps, I didn’t believe I had a true chance, but not wanting to back down in front of my friend Being more than 5 seconds behind the lead Honda S2000 LM, I ended up qualifying in 6th place, and went off to eat lunch before the race would begin. (sorry, I didn’t write down my qualifying times this race.. they were just.. pitiful.. haha)

Monday, 2:00 PM – Race Time:

Starting Positions:
1. RX-7 LM Race Car
2. S2000 LM Race Car
3. FTO LM Race Car
4. ZZII(J)
5. IMPREZA LM Race Car
6. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me)​

The flag dropped, and we tore off the line, the others acceleration apparent. By the first big curve, I had taken 3rd and kept holding on for dear life. The FTO LM passed me just before the first tunnel, but I re-took third again shortly after the tunnels. When the main strait was reached, I pulled away from the three on my tail and a bit closer to the two ahead of me. From then on, the only true competition I had was the ZZII, which continually traded places with me from lap 3-5. On the back end of lap 3, the S2000 LM pitted, pushing me up to second and leaving him far behind the pack. All wasn’t lost as I had though, but the RX-7 still had to be delt with. I drove with all I had, pushing my poor car to the limit, but not gaining any ground. Finally, on the end of the 4th lap, the RX-7 pitted, leaving the lead clear for me. The ZZII and I continued to battle until the final curve, after which I pulled away, scorring the first place win.

1. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me) – 6’32.218
2. ZZII(J) – 6’32.451
3. IMPREZA LM Race Car – 6’33.871
4. FTO LM Race Car – 6’34.665
5. S2000 LM Race Car – 6’44.990
6. RX-7 LM Race Car - 6’48.311​

My friend and I drove off with 25,000 Cr and headed toward our next stop, Laguna Seca.

Tuesday, 5:00 PM – Qualifying Begins:

I skipped out on qualifying this time, knowing that I couldn’t actually qualify above 6th, but still held hope I could win the race and the championship.

Tuesday, 6:30 PM – Race Begins:

Starting Positions:
1. RX-7 LM Race Car
2. S2000 LM Race Car
3. ZZII(J)
4. FTO LM Race Car
5. IMPREZA LM Race Car
6. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me)​

By the end of the first lap, I was already behind by 6.232 seconds, already hoping that the other two in the lead would pit and let me have the win, because I saw no other way of winning. After a small misjudgment on lap two, I slipped back into 6th place, which I regained back to 4th after the s-curve, the ZZII’s tail lights gleaming in the dusk light. But, the S-Curve would be my downfall though, misjudging my speed and ability in the FR drive Tuscan, I spun out, dropping me way behind. On the end of the same lap, the S2000 and RX-7 LM both returned to the pit, sending them to the end of the pack. I ended up carrying away 4th place for this race, much to my own disappointment at my recklessness. I must be getting tired.. I need to sleep more tonight...

1. ZZII(J) – 7’23.186
2. FTO LM Race Car – 7’24.547
3. IMPREZA LM Race Car – 7’26.545
4. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me) – 7’28.076
5. S2000 LM Race Car – 7’28.218
6. RX-7 LM Race Car – 7’35.677​

I'll finish this off later. I havn't finished the rest of the series yet, but its saved, waiting on me :dopey:

Forging Ahead.......

Wednesday, 9:00 PM – Race Begins:

Starting Positions:
1. RX-7 LM Race Car
2. S2000 LM Race Car
3. FTO LM Race Car
4. ZZII(J)
5. IMPREZA LM Race Car
6. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me)​

By the end of the first lap of SSR5, I was up to 4th place, barely ahead of the FTO LM and catching up to the ZZII. Most of the second lap, the ZZII and I battled it out, me blasting him on straights and him blasting me in the curves. All that remained was the RX-7 and S2000 LM’s, which seems like an impossible task. On lap 4, both the ZZII and I passed the S2000 in the big U-turn curve, a very big surprise to me. At the next time marker I found I was only 1.363 seconds behind the RX-7, knowing it would all be over soon, especially if it pitted. I laughed to myself as the brake lights of the RX-7 flashed on just before it swerved into the pits, followed soon after by the S2000 which had fallen back to 6th place. After a good final lap, I took the victory.

1. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me) – 7’18.180
2. ZZII(J) – 7’20.500
3. FTO LM Race Car – 7’22.340
4. IMPREZA LM Race Car – 7’24.221
5. RX-7 LM Race Car – 7’27.758
6. S2000 LM Race Car – 7’43.890​

Thursday, 3:00 PM – Race Begins:

Starting Positions:
1. RX-7 LM Race Car
2. S2000 LM Race Car
3. FTO LM Race Car
4. ZZII(J)
5. IMPREZA LM Race Car
6. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me)​

Ah Apricot Hill. A great little track, one of my favorites actually, and I was very glad to pull onto it to begin the race. By the time I reached the tight u-turn curve on the first lap, I was already up to 2nd place and only a second behind the RX-7, making me wonder if the other cars were loosing power for some reason. Very shortly after that curve, the S2000 blew past me, and both gained about 5 seconds before we came back around to the start/finish line. By the time we got around to the u-turn curve again, the FTO was taping my bumper, literally, and at the next time marker the RX-7 was 7.355 seconds ahead of me! Almost spinning out and getting rammed by the FTO in the tight S-Curve before the main straight didn’t help at all, putting me back into 5th place.
As I chased the FTO and ZZII around the third lap, I saw the RX-7 and S2000 pit in, letting us by, but them pitting a lap early gave them a chance, even a slim one, of coming back to at least take something other than the last two places. I passed the FTO about a fourth into the fourth lap, but the FTO wasn’t my concern. The ZZII was, because I was only two points ahead of it in the standings and I HAD to win, no questions asked. I finally overtook the ZZII just before the first sector marker of lap five, but I knew not to celebrate yet, it would be a tough final lap. The RX-7 and the S2000 were still something to worry about, because they had already overtaken the IMPREZA bringing them from last place. When we finally reached the main straight again, my superior speed took over and pulled away, just barely.

1. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me) – 7’09.058
2. ZZII(J) – 7’09.754
3. RX-7 LM Race Car – 7’11.256
4. FTO LM Race Car – 7’11.411
5. S2000 LM Race Car – 7’11.515
6. IMPREZA LM Race Car – 7’15.982​

Friday, 12:00 PM – Qualifying Begins:

Knowing my car was actually faster on straights than the others, or so it seemed, I actually qualified for this race. The test course was all about speed, and that’s what I have. After the qualifying was done, I was ahead by10 seconds!

Friday, 1:00 PM – Race Begins:

Starting Positions:
1. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me)
2. FTO LM Race Car
3. S2000 LM Race Car
4. RX-7 LM Race Car
5. ZZII(J)
6. IMPREZA LM Race Car​

After grabbing a quick lunch with my friend, the race was to begin. Since I had qualified so far ahead, and since she wanted to so bad, I let my friend ride along with me. At least it would give me something to do while driving around in this giant yawn. The race was, as I thought it would be, very very uneventful. I did have some interesting conversations with my friend though, so it wasn’t as bad as some Test Course races I’ve done in the past.

1. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me) – 9’02.981
2. FTO LM Race Car – 9’44.412
3. RX-7 LM Race Car – 9’57.065
4. ZZII(J) – 9’57.082
5. S2000 LM Race Car – 9’57.128
6. IMPREZA LM Race Car - DNF​

I know its odd to have a DNF, but, on the “Race Results” screen it just says –‘--.--- so I’m just gonna take that as a DNF hah.

I'll finish later... sorry it took so long to update, but I took a two-day hiatus from GT3, but I can't remember why haha. Still two races to go! ^_^

Saturday, 10:00 PM – Race Begins:

Starting Positions:
1. RX-7 LM Race Car
2. S2000 LM Race Car
3. FTO LM Race Car
4. ZZII(J)
5. IMPREZA LM Race Car
6. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me)​

SSR11 is always a real battle for me. By the time I reached T3 on the first lap, I was up to 3rd place, 3.103 seconds behind the leader, which happened to be the S2000. By the third lap, I knew that if the S2000 and the RX-7 didn’t pit, I’d never win. On the map the two dots showing the ones ahead of me, a huge gap, my green dot, and then the rest after another huge gap. On the tail end of lap 3, the S2000 pitted, leaving it to me and the RX-7, but still giving the S2000 a chance to get something other than last. I knew I wasn’t beat just yet! And there it was, just before the dual straights on lap 4, the opening I needed! I blasted past the RX-7, shattering his confidence. With each sector I gained time on him, knowing the race was mine now. To add to my lead, as if on queue, the RX-7 pitted on lap 4. After another lap, I took the flag yet again.

1. Tuscan Speed 6 (Me) – 10’01.593
2. ZZII(J) – 10’08.670
3. IMPREZA LM Race Car – 10’09.599
4. FTO LM Race Car – 10’13.660
5. S2000 LM Race Car – 10’13.720
6. RX-7 LM Race Car – 10’25.468​

I'm gonna skip the last race, Grand Valley II isn't a good thing when mixed with the Speed 6 haha.. Also I noticed that the reason it seemed to hard to keep up and catch up sometimes was because my transmission was wide open, tuned for either the super speedway or test track and I never thought to check it before I began the series. It made it a challenge though! :)

After skipping the last race, I walked away with the championship trophy, 150,000 creds, a silver FTO LM Race Car (the one I wanted!) and the Dodge Viper GTS-R Oreca for completing amatuer mode.

The really odd thing though? I didn't complete all races with gold trophies. The 2nd and 7th race of the Dream Car Championship were 4th and DNF respectively, yet I still walked away with the "Amatuer Mode Complete" thing... I thought it had to be ALL GOLDS! haha. 👍

Back