My Writeup of a race I had last night that was very rewarding and challenging

Amateur League Stars and Stripes on Seattle Circuit

Car: Camaro SS - 332HP I just won this car in the 4WD Championship in Amatuer

- suspension (whatever the first level upgrade is...I forgot its name
- sports brakes
- muffler racing
- sports tires
- performance chip

Basically, I only do the minimum upgrades to allow me a competive race where I usually have to drive my butt off to win.

after many laps of qualifying I got first place and started on the pole for the race.

When you use a car like mine that is slower on the straights with less hp than the competition, you have no chance in a 3 lap race starting from the rear. YOU HAVE TO START NEAR THE FRONT

Starting Lineup
First: Camaro SS (Me )
2nd: Shelby Cobra
3rd: Dodge Viper GTS
4th: Cheverolet Corvette Zo6
5th: Cheverolet Corvette Grand Sport
6th: Cheverolet Camaro SS

Lap One
Race starts and I immediately am passed by the Yellow Cobra with the Viper alongside me on the long straightaway into the first right hand corner. I took the corner hard on the inside, slid up a bit and get passed by the Viper after he bangs into me coming out of the corner. I am in 3rd now and stay in sight of the Viper down the long uphill straight, going into it I outbrake him and am able to get inside of him into the right hander, we barely touched coming out it and I am in second with him right on my tail. Viper tries to pass me on outside going into turn 4 but I outbrake him again and keep ahead of him. I am now almost 3 seconds behind the cobra... going to have to drive my tail off to catch him... Drove well through the rest of the first lap and am 2 seconds behind after the starting line....need to drive hard and keep my lines clean without hitting the walls to keep my momentum up to catch the Cobra if I am going to have any chance

Lap 2
Good hard driving allows me close up to the Cobra going into the long straight before the railroad tracks. He keep getting away from me on the straights but I catch up to him in the corners by outdriving him. I make up some ground on him in the turns after the railroad tracks... I see he hits the walls a couple of times through the turns after the railroad tracks and I am now close behind. Cobra pulls away a little in the short staight before the right hander. I close in on him a little before the chicane before the start and pass in on the exit of the corner and we touch a little coming out of the turn with me ahead.

Lap 3
I am just ahead of the Cobra with him steadily closing on the long straight after the finish line, I move to the outside a bit to take away his line and take the first corner well, shifting down to first and mashing the throttle to bring the big ass of the Camaro around to avoid hitting the walls. I stay ahead of him into the long uphill staight with the jumps with the Cobra closing in once again, I am able to outbrake him in the right hander and have 1/2 second lead going into the turns before the long straight this is where I pull out to a comfortable lead for the moment by entering them just on the inside and shifting to 3rd coming out of them. I now have a safe lead for the moment down the long staight before the railroad tracks. The Cobra closes in on me down the straight but i pull away through the corners after the tracks. Once again the Cobra gets closer on the right hander. I pull away again through the chicane taking it full out and nailing it just right to a 1/2 second margin win.....Whew!!

:)

Back