America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,010 comments
Y'all with no lives just gotta find something to say any time I post anything. Get a life.
You're now demanding (again, this is not the first time) that when you post something to a discussion forum people should not respond to you. You're aware of that right?

And to answer your question Famine and Danoff, if anyone comes up here with any civil war BS, trying to steal something, harm my wife or my son when he's up here, or use my property to get to the meth house, moonshine stills or illegally hunt in the woods behind my land will end up with a shotgun, rifle or 9 in their face. I never said a word about me shooting anyone.
That doesn't answer my question in the slightest.
Y'all with no lives just gotta find something to say any time I post anything. Get a life.
It'd be nice if you'd just grow up a little bit and learn not to insult people for responding to your opinions by asking you questions about how you arrived at them and if you're aware of the consequences of them.

Again, if you can't handle your opinions being discussed, don't post them. If you post them, anyone is free to discuss them. It's a discussion forum.

That doesn't answer my question in the slightest.
I don't see the need to cause I never said a word about shooting anyone. I simply posted a video saying come try that down here and TB kindly pointed out they do the same up there and now you want me to answer a question about something I never said.

I don't see the need to cause I never said a word about shooting anyone.
The question is not predicated on that concept. I never asked about you shooting anyone; I asked if you believe you being shot dead for your felony is okay if you think that someone else being shot dead for a misdemeanour is okay:
In the song, the lyrics speak of someone blowing someone else away by putting a loaded shotgun in their mouth and pulling the trigger, because they committed criminal trespass of the type that would usually result only in a misdemeanour conviction (being on their land without permission; being inside the building usually ups that to a felony).

You appear to agree with that sentiment - and you do say that you would "sleep soundly" if you were the trigger man.

You have admitted to, as I recall, "making dumb mistakes" when you were younger and picking up a felony conviction, which is a more significant offence than a misdemeanour in principle. That means you committed a more significant crime.

With that in mind, if you are okay with summary execution by shotgun for a misdemeanour, would you have been totally okay with your own summary execution by shotgun for your own felony?

If "yes", then at least that's consistent - if somewhat grim and very much lending itself to my earlier statement about normalising casual fatal violence (and then people wonder why the USA has a problem with casual fatal violence).

If not, then why not? Why is your felony not a capital offence (and bear in mind a lot of America thinks drug dealers - which you may not be, but from the outside a P/ITS conviction makes you look like one - are scum who should all be put to death) but the putative misdemeanour in the... "song" carries the death penalty?

The question is not predicated on that concept. I never asked about you shooting anyone; I asked if you believe you being shot dead for your felony is okay if you think that someone else being shot dead for a misdemeanour is okay:
Breaking and entering aka burglary isn't a misdemeanor. So your question is pointless.
Apples and oranges...

Who knows with this crew. They over think everything.

If anyone actually took the time to watch the video they'd see they actually entered the house.
In the amount of time it's taken me to putt on my lawnmower a 1/4 mile down my driveway, cut down by the street and my front yard(finally got it done no thanks to hurricane Ida) obviously no one has. I will assume by your post you might have. If you did what did you think about it?
I've gotta admit, I don't even know what genre it is classed as but I found it catchy. I'm conflicted by the lyrics since I can identify with the protecting your "world" part but the hyper violent attitude doesn't really chime well with the "Lord have mercy" parts of the song but I'd be a hypocrite to say it really bothered me as I grew up with songs that sounded a lot worse morally speaking. It gives me vibes of the film American Sniper for some reason.

Last edited:
Breaking and entering aka burglary isn't a misdemeanor.
As made clear in the question, the song's lyrics deal with trespass on property, not within a building. It's literally the first paragraph of the question and you straight ignored it again...
In the song, the lyrics speak of someone blowing someone else away by putting a loaded shotgun in their mouth and pulling the trigger, because they committed criminal trespass of the type that would usually result only in a misdemeanour conviction (being on their land without permission; being inside the building usually ups that to a felony).
You are simply not engaging anyone in good faith are you?

Last edited:
If anyone actually took the time to watch the video they'd see they actually entered the house.
I just finished watching the entire video.

I'm going to skip arguing the definition of "house" as to whether it is a literal house or the United States and "my people" as white or everything else and move on.

Stand your ground law in Georgia looks like it's entirely legal to use deadly force if someone is threatening you or your family or trying to enter your house or steal your possessions. Again, not going to argue that.

My problem with your song boils down to this:
My old lady, she rides too
Picking up every shell case
Mopping up these blood stains
But she ain't seen a damn thing
Covering up the murder (because that's what it is at this point) by cleaning up and lying to the police goes well past the stand your ground law.

If that's what's being condoned in the song, it's absolutely horrible.
They over think everything.
Is it not possible that you're not thinking things through enough?

As made clear in the question, the song's lyrics deal with trespass on property, not within a building. It's literally the first paragraph of the question and you straight ignored it again...

You are simply not engaging anyone in good faith are you?
I'll try again. In the video a group of 4 guys broke into the house and continued to break in several more times. Obviously you are stuck on the words and didn't watch the video.
No shotgun was put in anyones mouth.
You are taking the lyrics way to seriously.
And no I don't think putting a shotgun in someones mouth and pulling the trigger for trespassing is reasonable breaking and entering, grabbing my wife after breaking in my house is. Something you'd know about the video if you actually bothered to watch it instead of playing word games.

I've gotta admit, I don't even know what genre it is classed as but I found it catchy. I'm conflicted by the lyrics since I can identify with the protecting your "world" part but the hyper violent attitude doesn't really chime well with the "Lord have mercy" parts of the song but I'd be a hypocrite to say it really bothered me as I grew up with songs that sounded a lot worse morally speaking. It gives me vibes of the film American Sniper for some reason.
I don't know what genre to call it either.

TB
Is it not possible that you're not thinking things through enough?
I have better things to do than break down lyrics to a music video. I either like a song or I don't.

Seriously how many songs in the world talk about murder? Are we gonna break every single one down?
I know, I know, I posted it. But still, I'd never expected this much scrutiny over a stupid music video.

The video is as real as GTA...

Y'all take things way to seriously.

Edit: Thank you two for actually taking the time to actually watch it.

Last edited:
I have better things to do than break down lyrics to a music video.
I had better things to do than watch a video depicting a murder and a cover up as something that "describes the South" but I did it anyway for the sake of discussion. Then you went and skipped over the vast majority of my post.
But still, I'd never expected this much scrutiny over a stupid music video.
If you post anything condoning, justifying and borderline glamorizing murder, expect it to be scrutinized.
*too

I know you don't think so, but words have meaning. The words used in the song lyrics are words, and have meaning.
And no I don't think putting a shotgun in someones mouth and pulling the trigger for trespassing is reasonable breaking and entering, grabbing my wife after breaking in my house is.
I'm with you up to "reasonable", but it's just soup after that. Are you trying to say that you think a shotgun execution is a reasonable response to breaking and entering and assault of a household member? It seems like a bad idea given the projectile spread - you'd want something smaller and more precise in that kind of close-quarters situation - but I'm with you in principle...

... but now we have a felon saying death is an appropriate response to felony trespass (despite the clear reference in the lyrics to misdemeanour trespass), and we're left with the same question - still unanswered.

If you think death is an appropriate response to felony trespass/B&E/assault, is it also an appropriate response to your felony P/ITS? For either response, why do you think that?

Something you'd know about the video if you actually bothered to watch it instead of playing word games.
Words have meaning. I know you don't think so, but they do. Knowing what they mean isn't a game, it's knowledge.

I'm also not going to bother watching any totally unreferenced video from anyone without any context. If you want people to watch something, explain what it is and why they should spend their time doing so.

Though if you'd have said it was a music video normalising and glamourising casual, fatal violence, I'd probably still not have bothered. There's more than enough video content that does just that in both our countries, which goes some way to explaining why a lot of people barely bat an eyelid at straight up murder.

I'll try again. In the video a group of 4 guys broke into the house and continued to break in several more times. Obviously you are stuck on the words and didn't watch the video.
No shotgun was put in anyones mouth.
And no I don't think putting a shotgun in someones mouth and pulling the trigger for trespassing is reasonable breaking and entering, grabbing my wife after breaking in my house is. Something you'd know about the video if you actually bothered to watch it instead of playing word games.

I don't know what genre to call it either.

I have better things to do than break down lyrics to a music video. I either like a song or I don't.

Seriously how many songs in the world talk about murder? Are we gonna break every single one down?
I know, I know, I posted it. But still, I'd never expected this much scrutiny over a stupid music video.

The video is as real as GTA...

Edit: Thank you two for actually taking the time to actually watch it.
If you just want to share a song then use the 'what I'm listening to' thread in the Music subforum, posting it here, as a supposed example of the South and not expecting it to be discussed in detail is inane.

However I expect it got the reaction you knew was going to...

TB
I had better things to do than watch a video depicting a murder and a cover up as something that "describes the South" but I did it anyway for the sake of discussion. Then you went and skipped over the vast majority of my post.

If you post anything condoning, justifying and borderline glamorizing murder, expect it to be scrutinized.

*too
I didn't bother to look at it like that, he should've called the police after shooting him, he shouldn't have followed dude into the woods and finished him after the first round in the house didn't kill him. I do get what y'all are saying.
Doesn't change my opinion of the song.
I'm bowing out of this conversation now.
Y'all have a good day.

Last edited:
fb_img_1601045548061-jpg.960474
dd0.jpg

Full disclosure, I edited the second quote above by inserting the image attached to the original post so that the image itself would be visible in the quote instead of the attachment link. Purely a convenience measure with no intent (or effect) to deceive.

dd0.jpg

Full disclosure, I edited the second quote above by inserting the image attached to the original post so that the image itself would be visible in the quote instead of the attachment link. Purely a convenience measure with no intent (or effect) to deceive.
What the **** does that have to do with anything?
WAP, Baby it's cold outside and Welcome to my house,all deserve to be on the radio.
Obviously the humor went over your head.

Now I'm done cause it appears y'all have nothing better to do.

I've been lurking around this thread and others for a while, and I noticed recently this is pretty much always your kind of response whenever you come up with a subject of discussion or an opinion that ends up getting shut down by facts, logic and a moderate understanding of the english language.

I thought it was interesting.

I've been lurking around this thread and others for a while, and I noticed recently this is pretty much always your kind of response whenever you come up with a subject of discussion or an opinion that ends up getting shut down by facts, logic and a moderate understanding of the english language.

I thought it was interesting.
I answered everyone's questions I'm gonna answer. I agreed murder is wrong. Then he posted a old post of mine for no reason except to add to his post count. What else is there to talk about?
Also as an ex mod you should know it's frowned upon to talk about other users but I guess cause it's me and my English isn't on par with y'alls. It's ok. :rolleyes: And you wonder why I bow out of conversations.

WAP, Baby it's cold outside and Welcome to my house,all deserve to be on the radio.
Woah, woah, woah...Cardi B and Megan The Horse don't deserve to have record contracts let alone be on the radio. Let's be real here. I mean back in my day, female rap and hip-hop artists had substance like Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah, and Roxanne Shanté. [/old man rant]

I do find it interesting people to tend to actually romanticize the need for violence in a place they live - it's a feature not a bug.
Tell me you're from Detroit without telling me you're from Detroit :lol:

I do find it interesting people to tend to actually romanticize the need for violence in a place they live - it's a feature not a bug.
It think it speaks to an authoritarians. Vigilante justice plays big within the authoritarian crowd.

Woah, woah, woah...Cardi B and Megan The Horse don't deserve to have record contracts let alone be on the radio. Let's be real here. I mean back in my day, female rap and hip-hop artists had substance like Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah, and Roxanne Shanté. [/old man rant]

Tell me you're from Detroit without telling me you're from Detroit :lol:
Buy a house for a price of a VCR... Wait sorry, wrong one.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?
Radio content moderation by private operators has resulted in reduced play of a song that has been criticized almost since its original release in 1944. The lyric content of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" was originally deemed to be overly sexual in nature and private companies prohibited its airing. More recently, attention has been paid to the lyric content that, when taken literally, suggest sexual coercion. The right has panned this criticism widely, regardless of the actual limited content moderation that has resulted, and has looped it into its "cancel culture" grievance.

WAP has similarly been the subject of much outrage by the the right. This time, however, the outrage is actually over its lyric content that, when taken literally, refers to natural vaginal lubrication in vulgar excess.

I agree. Private radio operators should be able to choose what they air and how they air it, even including profanity. That last suggestion is problematic for many and is subject to FCC guidelines for over-the-air broadcast, violation of which results in penalty in the form of a fine by government actors. This is a free speech violation that has been tolerated for too long and by too many.
Obviously the humor went over your head.
As I explained at the top of this post, it's about lyric content. If you don't pay attention to lyric content of songs as you previously alleged (well, you referred to them as videos and I understood this to mean songs for which said videos are created), there's no humor, or anything at all, to be observed.
What's "better"?
Then he posted a old post of mine for no reason...
Nope. See above.
...except to add to his post count.
You bring this up a lot. Why?

As it happens, I post what I want (with some exceptions), where I want, when I want, with absolutely no regard for how it affects my post count. There are countless threads on this forum in which I've never posted because I have no interest in their subject matter.

I post and that has resulted in a post count. That you read so much into this is suggestive of obsession. I'd posit that you have nothing better to do but I don't actually know what "better" is.

The idea of living somewhere where you fear/expect to have to deal with violence as a matter of course is horryfying (though many people don't have a choice), as is the casual nature some people have with the idea of taking it upon themselves to decide to take someones life.

As someone who has felt first hand the long term impact that a single bout of uncontrolled rage can have on a family, I'm in a pretty strong position to say that there is nothing glamorous about it.

Last edited:
WAP has similarly been the subject of much outrage by the the right. This time, however, the outrage is actually over its lyric content that, when taken literally, refers to natural vaginal lubrication in vulgar excess.
Just wanna say, this is probably my favorite description of WAP I've ever seen, and I absolutely hate listening to that song. :lol:

Even without regard for lyric content, I find it distasteful. But to each their own.

Ah, Project Veritas. What's the setup?
Lyric content is one way for me to re-think if I like a song. I remember listening to one song by A7X (Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold) and while I like the tune, I absolutely hate the lyrics so even though I own it and have it on my playlist, there is a decent chance I will skip it.

Lyric content is one way for me to re-think if I like a song. I remember listening to one song by A7X (Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold) and while I like the tune, I absolutely hate the lyrics so even though I own it and have it on my playlist, there is a decent chance I will skip it.
I can appreciate that.

I have difficulty divorcing lyric content from a song, so distaste for lyrics tends to result in my not liking a song. It's probably not 100%...but I can't think of any exceptions off the top of my head.

Even without regard for lyric content, I find it distasteful. But to each their own.
I have unusually mixed feeling with the song. On one hand, I agree with you that it's distasteful, primarily in it's lyrical content. Even as a hip-hop fan, it's a very difficult song for me to enjoy listening to, because while it's beat is catchy, the lyrics are admittedly kinda gross.

On the other hand, I interpret the song (and it's very, shall we say, "creative" music video) as championing for the expression of one's sexual freedom, which I do agree with in a general sense. Couple that with some of the absolutely hilarious reactions to the song (particularly on the right) when it first came out, and that makes it difficult for me to hate the song in general, rather than just when listening to it. I distinctly remember reading about the lead singer of Skillet having an absolute tizzy when Cardi B and MTS performed the song at the Grammys.

I'd love to have a chat with the people who made the CGI for the music video, though. Pretty sure I can't/shouldn't link it here due to the AUP, but I'd love to know about the creative process that took place.

Back