America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,010 comments
I think that Elon is suffering from shrinking dick disease.
Evergreen.

20221114_223703.jpg

I know I said I liked the guy, but he is making an absolute mess of this.

Best to sell up and stick to what he knows.

If successful I can't see this going down well with the freeze peach crowd. But if it's legal and justified, why shouldn't Biden's side get a win? Even Musk would be potentially happier as he could profit from his perceived victimhood by backing out of a deal he might've not really wanted in the first place without losing face among his devoted stans.

Last edited:
As Schumer promised earlier, the votes for codifying same-sex marriage seem to be available now that the midterms are over. It looks like congress may act to codify gay marriage during the lame duck session.

As Schumer promised earlier, the votes for codifying same-sex marriage seem to be available now that the midterms are over. It looks like congress may act to codify gay marriage during the lame duck session.

Baby steps I guess. How about Roe? That could be a real powder keg.

Baby steps I guess. How about Roe? That could be a real powder keg.

They don't even have 50 votes for Roe. Manchin doesn't support codifying Roe. I suppose it's possible with the new Senate if the Democrats get 51 that they could have 50 votes, but they need 60 unless they suspend the filibuster.

Really they need what Biden said, 50 without Manchin and Sinema (so 52 total). In that case, they could suspend the filibuster and codify Roe. Only problem is that the House will likely be Republican and then it won't pass anyway. So they're 1-2 votes short in the senate, and maybe like, I dunno, 10ish votes short in the House.

Last edited:
sigh

All highly skilled staff who don't want to work under a maniac on a site that appears to be CFITing and can get another job just about anywhere in under three months will tick "no".

The less skilled staff, remaining only because they can write more code in three months than others, and can't walk into other jobs and those who are serious stans for the guy who ditched 2FA callback functionality because he didn't know what it was for will tick "yes" and build "Twitter 2.0". Along with those who are not US nationals and whose visas are contingent on having a job.

In other news, Musk also fired an engineer who's been there for 12 years and rated at the very top of her profession because he didn't like her conduct on Slack...

1668607761073.png

1668607780327.png

Naturally...

1668609124039.png

"The fraud was already there so I thought I'd just let it ride. People are only blaming me because of the Medicare thing I was found totally guilty of" isn't going to fly as a defence in the upper house, I suspect.

Last edited:
In other news, Musk also fired an engineer who's been there for 12 years and rated at the very top of her profession because he didn't like her conduct on Slack...
I mean he claimed in court today that he is the one responsible for the engineering work done at SpaceX and Tesla to justify his Tesla compensation packages, so what good is she anyway.

Last edited:
I mean he claimed in court today that he is the one responsible for the engineering work done at SpaceX and Tesla to justify his Tesla compensation packages, so what good is she anyway.
I suspect his engineering work as a train engineer is doing wonders for both of those companies.

Nancy Pelosi
I've enjoyed working with three Presidents.
110th Congress Speaker - Nancy Pelosi - January 2007-January 2009 - President George W. Bush
111th Congress Speaker - Nancy Pelosi - January 2009-January 2011 - President George W. Bush/President Barack H. Obama
116th Congress Speaker - Nancy Pelosi - January 2019-January 2021 - President Donald J. Trump
117th Congress Speaker - Nancy Pelosi - January 2021-January 2023 - President Donald J. Trump/President Joseph R. Biden
I wonder who'll take that as dementia and who'll take that as the sickest burn in a lame duck Speaker's speech ever...

Last edited:
"terrified employees are going to sabotage the company"
"trying to figure out which Twitter workers they need to cut access to"

Only need to worry about restricting access to one person. He's been pretty open about the sabotaging going on.

Wonder how the muskrats are going to spin this one.

I wonder what the odds are that badge access wasn't suspended as much as it's a case of the people in charge of it are among those that said 🤬 it and now everyone is just locked out. Granted I'm sure that's not how it works, but I just love the image of Elon walking up to the door only to be denied entry to his own building.

Back