America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 37,980 comments
I'm sure somewhere in the "How to Run a Country: For Dummies" manual, there is a section labeled "Throw your toys out of the pram for no actual reason".

FjUhg1eUoAA9yCq

I remember watching a short documentary about that a year or so ago. Bunch of veterans that live just south of the border, from various wars, talking about how they would be given citizenship if they fought.

And then straight betrayal when they were deported. Really heartbreaking that these guys were willing to die for this country, lost friends along the way, and then the promises made to them broken just like that. :(

Edit* I think it might have been done by Jordan Klepper (sp?).

Last edited:
McConnel probably has enough self awareness to understand why they are doing it.
McCarthy, on the other hand, is probably whining in his head "I'm such a victim!"

McConnel probably has enough self awareness to understand why they are doing it.
McCarthy, on the other hand, is probably whining in his head "I'm such a victim!"
Because McConnell, through his half-smile and attempts to shake hands, knows this is the result of his party succumbing to Trump & his own failure to actually do anything when it came time to hold Trump accountable despite all his words against the former President.

The actual penalty to the company is really nothing more than chicken scratch in the long run, but being directly connected to that company is not a good look at all on a personal or political level. Although I'm sure Yoshi Donald will just keep throwing more and more people under the bus as he keeps attempting to insulate himself from any wrongdoing and feign ignorance.

but being directly connected to that company is not a good look at all on a personal or political level.
I think you underestimate the mental gymnastics of people. I give it until the end of the week before the Trump fangirls hail this as an absolute win.

This is ridiculous.

We're giving up one of, if not the most, dangerous arms dealers for someone who willingly went to a hostile country with drugs.
It's a terrible look for America because you basically inflated Griner's value and ignored the OTHER person who is still being held. On the other hand, Russia failed because they only extracted ONE dangerous criminal for a civilian.

Fox News is in full-on melt-down mode about "Twitter Files" apparently the hugest story of Democrat perfidy and corruption in US history. Elon Musk has now officially taken over from Trump as the next unlikely person entrusted with saving American conservative values. 🤔

re: "The Twitter Files"

The worthless mother****ers are broken beyond repair.

Edit: What the everloving **** is it with these Claremont Institute fellows? Between this mother****er, Glenn Ellmers whose remarks have been addressed recently over in the "Conservatism" thread and the treasonous ****wit John Eastman who concocted the alternate electors scheme to subvert the will of the electorate in 2020, maybe Claremont needs to be leveled as it's a breeding spawn for the extreme right.

Last edited:
re: "The Twitter Files"

The worthless mother****ers are broken beyond repair.

Edit: What the everloving **** is it with these Claremont Institute fellows? Between this mother****er, Glenn Ellmers whose remarks have been addressed recently over in the "Conservatism" thread and the treasonous ****wit John Eastman who concocted the alternate electors scheme to subvert the will of the electorate in 2020, maybe Claremont needs to be leveled as it's a breeding spawn for the extreme right.

Prison? For what? No law was broken.

Fox News is in full-on melt-down mode about "Twitter Files" apparently the hugest story of Democrat perfidy and corruption in US history. Elon Musk has now officially taken over from Trump as the next unlikely person entrusted with saving American conservative values. 🤔

This remains a MASSIVE story on the Fox News website. They believe this is conclusive proof of decades of the Dems manipulating the media to promote their anti-American communist agenda. Isn't there anybody left on GTPlanet who is prepared to advance this position? No? MORE EVIDENCE! 😡

Last edited:
Having already been conned into clicking something I shouldn't this week in the Mariah Carey challenge, I don't really have much interest in trawling FoxNews's website for stories about Republicans throwing another hissy fit. Would they even be able to make good on their promises to make Twitter accountable without a Senate majority anyway?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back