America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 37,808 comments
Yes! The fact that after all this time you are still defending such a stupid comment means you never really regretted saying it in the first place. Everyone makes an ass out of themselves from time to time, but usually when that happens you fess up and if someone brings it up later you admit that it was stupid and you regret it.
I never said I regretted saying it. I say now that I didn't mean it then. Come what may, what "usually" happens isn't going to happen here.

As I said, it was noted that GTP is better than that and I agree...I even "liked" that notion at the time, because it is. As such, neither that sentiment nor a similar one--meant or not--has been repeated.

It seems as though they've been able to debate something without fantasy killing someone they don't like. There really is nothing to call out other than them making a big deal out of something insanely trivial.
Why does it seem that way? Could it be they were saying something heinous that they didn't really mean in order to prove a point?

With no evidence that it was acted upon. Thoughts aren't limited to what occur between one's ears, though, and it's in those instances where, say, during a conversation, an individual who has just been interrupted might respond with: "Let me finish my thought." "Idea" and "notion" serve a similar purpose and are subject to the same paradigm.
Fair enough, but from what you just said, I still take it as it's a thought till it comes out of their mouth. Or am I missing something?

I never said I regretted saying it.

No wonder the current political climate is best described as a cess pit. :rolleyes:

It's ok to admit you were wrong and say you regret things in your past, nobody here will think less of you.

Why does it seem that way? Could it be they were saying something heinous that they didn't really mean in order to prove a point?

Nobody has said anything heinous in the discussion you are talking about so I really have no clue what you are even getting at.

No wonder the current political climate is best described as a cess pit. :rolleyes:

It's ok to admit you were wrong and say you regret things in your past, nobody here will think less of you.
I didn't mean it, I regret giving anyone the impression that I meant it, I regret saying it here and I regret saying it in general.

Nobody has said anything heinous in the discussion you are talking about so I really have no clue what you are even getting at.
So what should we do, should we kill the kids? Because that's the only way to unite the orphaned kids with their (dead) parents? If the parents aren't dead then the kids are not the orphans you're claiming the government is making them.

That's a pretty bloodthirsty solution, don't you think? Isn't it bad enough that we're (as you seem to be claiming) killing the parents?
Oh, okay, so rather than actually saying orphaned kids should be killed, the notion was presented as someone else's. But is that actually better?

I get that it was intended as argumentum ad absurdum, however the use of the word was wholly valid in law--specifically law being discussed--even if not in common usage terms, and therefor not subject to the criticism it received.

Fair enough, but from what you just said, I still take it as it's a thought till it comes out of their mouth. Or am I missing something?
A "thought" can be thought and/or expressed. In the Strzok/Page instance it was likely both, but there is no evidence to present it as having influenced their decision to do anything other than communicate the thought.

However, as has been indicated, Peter Strzok co-wrote a draft of the Comey letter that put the Clinton email probe back on the front burner. It's reasonable to assume that the probe played a substantial role in Hillary losing the electoral college vote and therefor the Presidency. An unusual thing to do if your aim is to keep her opponent from winning.

Last edited:
Which goes back to a point I made earlier; people are upset over photos from Obama’s era, but they’re actually justified so... Trump did no wrong either way regarding them, but people see “kids in cages” and assign them to him. He doesn’t need falsely associated photos to be shown wrong.

Are you lots of people? No. Then it wasn’t directed at you, but the topic you brought up.

No, I shared the link bc I was told there were no kids in cages during Obama’s era.

I didn’t blame Obama did I? I blamed the media for creating the same headlines, yet nowhere near the same attention.

This policy has routes back to Clinton. Trump decided to take a zero tolerance stance and faced the backlash for doing so.

Why don’t you stop being one of the most over exaggerated people in this thread. I don’t think I’ve seen you post 1 positive thing about the current President either, hell, you come across as the next likely person to make some ugly comment about his actual life.

Kids being seperated at the border, for crossing the border was a trump policy nothing clinton-obama. You entire post is in this regarded as pure nonsense until you show how obama sperated families at the border for crossing the border.

And no you didn't bring up past legislators going ro past legislators to muddy the water for trump.

Were these doctors refusing also calling the medical-seeking patients infidels and making snide remarks about what they eat.

Because you put it so beautifully when you did.

There’s the quote above. Spin it however you want.

But don’t worry. Mr. Tree also hoped Trump would fall down a flight of stairs and resign as a result, so you’re in good company for disgusting comments.

I sure do see a lot of “may be considered” requirements when the first line is “an
orphan generally is a person without living parents to care for them“, the same thing that pops up multiple times when you search for the term.

Think I don't feel so bad being judged to have made unsavery irrational comments (made while I was mad which was admitted at the time) by the guy who is defending the seperation of families ;)

Look hope your feelings don't get to hurt due to my words at a point in time I'm furious for Trump ****ing up joint policy. On the other hand your side is taking action and was actively seprating families.
If you know me you'd know I'm usually the one not condoning violence when it actually occurs. Nice you can find a time I was mad.

I do sincerely whish you everything you defend as apparently in your mind its not to bad. I'm out meurica is.now just some ******** country and apparently it's citisens agree with current policies I hope you never set foot in velgium we can do.without awefull people like you.

Also you hate @TexRex qouting out of context next time if you talk avout me link me or qoute me and put me.in context if you demand the same from others.

See you in hell ;)

A few pages ago @McLaren said that we never said anything nice about Trump. Well I want to address that and compliment Mrs Trump on her wonderful jacket/coat;

gettyimages-980555776.jpg

Fair play, it’s a really nice jacket/coat.

Kids being seperated at the border, for crossing the border was a trump policy nothing clinton-obama.
Under the 1997 settlement, DHS could detain unaccompanied children captured at the border for only 20 days before releasing them to foster families, shelters, or sponsors, pending resolution of their immigration cases. The settlement was later expanded through other court rulings to include both unaccompanied and accompanied children.
This was not a federal law and was not acted upon with zero tolerance; that was Trump's doing. The idea however to detain accompanied children was not new; it was only thankfully, not acted upon.

I'm not going to show anything about Obama b/c I did not blame Obama.
Think I don't feel so bad being judged to have made unsavery irrational comments (made while I was mad which was admitted at the time) by the guy who is defending the seperation of families ;)
Nope.
I’m completely against any sort of child separation
Look hope your feelings don't get to hurt due to my words at a point in time I'm furious for Trump ****ing up joint policy. On the other hand your side is taking action and was actively seprating families.
Nope.
I’m completely against any sort of child separation
If you know me you'd know I'm usually the one not condoning violence when it actually occurs. Nice you can find a time I was mad.
You're borderline mad every time you post in this thread. Makes it ironic you talk about seeing the good and bad.
I do sincerely whish you everything you defend as apparently in your mind its not to bad. I'm out meurica is.now just some ******** country and apparently it's citisens agree with current policies I hope you never set foot in velgium we can do.without awefull people like you.
Velgium? Is that in Narnia? Or Mordor?
Also you hate @TexRex qouting out of context next time if you talk avout me link me or qoute me and put me.in context if you demand the same from others.
You got it!
I am still really pissed due to this and wish Trump only one thing, him falling from the stairs and having to resign his presidency.
See you in hell ;)
Is that where Velgium is?
A few pages ago @McLaren said that we never said anything nice about Trump. Well I want to address that and compliment Mrs Trump on her wonderful jacket/coat;

Fair play, it’s a really nice jacket/coat.
Ah yes. Shame even she was even against her husband's own policy just a couple days ago. What an evil witch.

This was not a federal law and was not acted upon with zero tolerance; that was Trump's doing. The idea however to detain accompanied children was not new; it was only thankfully, not acted upon.

I'm not going to show anything about Obama b/c I did not blame Obama.

Nope.

Nope.

You're borderline mad every time you post in this thread. Makes it ironic you talk about seeing the good and bad.

Velgium? Is that in Narnia? Or Mordor?

You got it!

Is that where Velgium is?

Ah yes. Shame even she was even against her husband's own policy just a couple days ago. What an evil witch.

Yeah maybe I'm bordeline mad every time I post in this thread because this thread is about america and america has a president that continiously drags his allies through dirt. ****s over his allies by leaving deals america first agreed upon. Or imposes policies that actually harms kids.

I'm sorry I got fired up at you you indeed didn't support this.

But acting as if this isn't trumps policy is disingenious. The idea isn't new and the idea alone isnrepulsive, but putting the idea into practice is even whole lot worse.

You verybwel realise I meant belgium ;)

Again sorry I shouldn't have gotren so fired up. I have to read this thread in parts because if I don't I have to plow through so much **** that's indefensible I go of on the smallest thing. I alwo have to try and not pist everytime trump drags his allies down the rabbithole with hime because at that point I get so mad his descisions have impact on our dimplomacy while I'm litrerally powerless to thz situation we're in.

I'm trying that. So again sorry. But I stand by my idea that enactong the policy and having the idea flaot around are both bad but enacring is defenitlt worse

We're desperate for jabs, I see. Care to join me in hell with Mr Tree instead?
What are you talking about?

That’s two ugly, personal posts you’ve made, one against Trump and the love of his life and now your asking me to go to hell with you?

Perhaps I can ask you the same about where I made a comment about Trump's life....
You said Mrs Trump was an evil witch. Mrs Trump is Mr Trumps wife and as his wife and the love of his life and mother of his child, an obviously very important part of Trumps life.

Yeah maybe I'm bordeline mad every time I post in this thread because this thread is about america and america has a president that continiously drags his allies through dirt. ****s over his allies by leaving deals america first agreed upon. Or imposes policies that actually harms kids.

I'm sorry I got fired up at you you indeed didn't support this.

But acting as if this isn't trumps policy is disingenious. The idea isn't new and the idea alone isnrepulsive, but putting the idea into practice is even whole lot worse.

You verybwel realise I meant belgium ;)

Again sorry I shouldn't have gotren so fired up. I have to read this thread in parts because if I don't I have to plow through so much **** that's indefensible I go of on the smallest thing. I alwo have to try and not pist everytime trump drags his allies down the rabbithole with hime because at that point I get so mad his descisions have impact on our dimplomacy while I'm litrerally powerless to thz situation we're in.

I'm trying that. So again sorry. But I stand by my idea that enactong the policy and having the idea flaot around are both bad but enacring is defenitlt worse
I get it, I come across as a Trump supporter. I get the anger he induces in others for this actions. But, in sincerity, I voted third party to push for a new direction, and I've acknowledged some comments of his as concerning, such as the recent Korean people comparison. That's why I said the guy doesn't need false accusations from old pictures & what not. He'll toss himself out there on his own eventually b/c he has no way with words.

If his policies make you mad, so be it. I try to avoid posting in this thread for the similar reasons. Just don't take my defense of Trump though as a means of me supporting anything he does. Some of the things he comes up with are definitely becoming harder and harder to hear as a conservative, and even I have a slight curiosity as to how he could make it past mid-terms as a potential underdog again.

I appreciate your PM, though. I'll take it more into account that any anger you may have is a result of the orange man more so than the forum.
You said Mrs Trump was an evil witch. Mrs Trump is Mr Trumps wife and as his wife and the love of his life and mother of his child, an obviously very important part of Trumps life.
How far does that fishing pole cast? That's impressive.

this was posted in the wrong thread and moved here

@Scaff It is possible in the US to go to jail because of speeding. If you refuse to sign the ticket they will take you to jail, and if you have a child in the car it will be handed over (separated from you,) to a government agency.

I think you may have the wrong thread (and that wouldn't be for the speeding offence but for refusing to cooperate).

I've also addressed this already in the correct thread.

Edited to add, actually all signing appears to do is agee to turn up in court, refusing to sign it is just fast tracking you to court.

The point is, parents get arrested, kids get removed. It is nothing new.

this was posted in the wrong thread and moved here

@Scaff It is possible in the US to go to jail because of speeding. If you refuse to sign the ticket they will take you to jail, and if you have a child in the car it will be handed over (separated from you,) to a government agency.

The point is, parents get arrested, kids get removed. It is nothing new.
The point is, and remains that it's never been the standard practice in what remains a civil issue with minimal fines.

Trumps attempts to blame past administration's (from Bush through to Obama) don't mask the fact that the zero tolerance which saw this start to happen and escalate rapidly are directly his doing.

What was a rarely acted on option in the past became the norm as a result of a change made by the trump administration.

Trump also allowed this to then continue claiming he was powerless to act, something that was to be blunt a lie.

If you're happy to support a policy that deliberately and unnecessarly seperated families in an attempt to secure funding for the wall (which I recall Mexico was going to pay for), because that's ultimately what this boils down to.

Oh and with regards to speeding fines, these are not people contesting anything, they are clearly cooperating. As such it's a false equivalency to compare the two (refusing to sign a ticket).

The point is, and remains that it's never been the standard practice in what remains a civil issue with minimal fines.

Trumps attempts to blame past administration's (from Bush through to Obama) don't mask the fact that the zero tolerance which saw this start to happen and escalate rapidly are directly his doing.

What was a rarely acted on option in the past became the norm as a result of a change made by the trump administration.

Trump also allowed this to then continue claiming he was powerless to act, something that was to be blunt a lie.

If you're happy to support a policy that deliberately and unnecessarly seperated families in an attempt to secure funding for the wall (which I recall Mexico was going to pay for), because that's ultimately what this boils down to.

Oh and with regards to speeding fines, these are not people contesting anything, they are clearly cooperating. As such it's a false equivalency to compare the two (refusing to sign a ticket).

It's also worth pointing out (in a link I already posted but was dismissed), Trump's policies and stance have moved to make legal asylum far more difficult. Though I guess this is only being reported on by the liberal media. And I only care about it because it attacks Trump.

I thought this was a joke, but you're legitimately serious. :lol:
Cast further fisherman.

Actually I was highlighting the absurdity of your earlier statements.
You are so quick to lash out while defending by (to use your analogy) casting out your line trying (and failing) to suggest that Trump wasn't responsible for his own actions (it was obviously Clinton's fault). Then that I didn't care about potentially thousands of children being orphaned because both I and the media were cherry picking news simply to attack Trump with (which I guess makes whats happening ok?).

But are quick to remind people not to make personal attacks, which is again odd. Not least because Trump has attacked people for not only how they look, but for being disabled... and done so, in-front of thousands of people...

My issue originally was that it's alarming how few American people, in this thread don't care at all about those thousands of children, living in abject misery possibly never to see their parents again. Simply because they wanted a better life and to escape persecution and death... and for the last, what 50-60+ years(?) the USA has advertised it's self as the greatest democracy and place to live, where you too can make the American Dream come true. This came about because of Trump, and his 'fix' as I linked too, contains lies, might be illegal and actually makes trying to enter the US worse. Not only that, but as I again linked above, trying to enter the US legally to claim asylum is something that's becoming increasingly hard to do.

For so few to care about these things is staggering to me.

My issue originally was that it's alarming how few American people, in this thread don't care at all about those thousands of children, living in abject misery possibly never to see their parents again. Simply because they wanted a better life and to escape persecution and death...

Is it difficult to understand why people would prioritize the life and health of their own children over that of other people's children?

and for the last, what 50-60+ years(?) the USA has advertised it's self as the greatest democracy and place to live, where you too can make the American Dream come true.

Maybe you shouldn't have fallen for the advertising? We invented advertising to sell stuff "From those wonderful folks who brought you Pearl Harbor". The reality is, you once could have made a small fortune in the US with luck and hard work. I did that in the Texas oil patch of the late 70's. But it's much harder now. Now society is dividing into the elite rich and permanent working class and below, with the middle class shrinking; freedom and opportunity lost in excessive regulation and socialist government. More population growth and immigration will not make things better. America is not and never has been a democracy. It is a representative republic. It's always been true that the strong do as they will and the weak do as they must.

For so few to care about these things is staggering to me.

Many people no longer care about their own children, and children no longer care about their parents. Society fractionates down to the individual level, their cellphone, music, drugs and self-selected reality or identity group. This way, divided like sheep, they become much easier to control.

Is it difficult to understand why people would prioritize the life and health of their own children over that of other people's children?

Maybe you shouldn't have fallen for the advertising? We invented advertising to sell stuff "From those wonderful folks who brought you Pearl Harbor". The reality is, you once could have made a small fortune in the US with luck and hard work. I did that in the Texas oil patch of the late 70's. But it's much harder now. Now society is dividing into the elite rich and permanent working class and below, with the middle class shrinking; freedom and opportunity lost in excessive regulation and socialist government. More population growth and immigration will not make things better. America is not and never has been a democracy. It is a representative republic. It's always been true that the strong do as they will and the weak do as they must.

Many people no longer care about their own children, and children no longer care about their parents. Society fractionates down to the individual level, their cellphone, music, drugs and self-selected reality or identity group. This way, divided like sheep, they become much easier to control.

On your first point, chosing the safety of your kids doesn't have to mean you have to seperate families does it?

On your second paragraph, I agree but is that the system you'd want? Or is that the best/correct system?

Your third paragraph, I don't particullary care for most of my family and certainly not my father and steph dad. But I'd never wish for ly stephdad to be seperated indefenitly from his daughters nor do I wish him any health or financial problems.
I don't particullary care for a random person on the street. BUT I do wish they'd not be treated as livestock. I like @baldgye don't seem to understand the indiffrence or the shifting of the debate towards who started it. As that's not the major issue. We're not mad because TRUMP did this. We're mad because trump (or anyone) DID this.

Why do you address this to me? I'm not an asylum seeker.
But this sentence is one of the most disingenuous and ignorant comments I've seen posted in this thread.

I don't seem to find that answer satisfying but in all.fairness from an observer perspective he'q completly correct.

On top of that the disingenuous post on.this thread? :P I'm sure we can find quite a few worse over the last weeks :P (sorry)

I don't seem to find that answer satisfying but in all.fairness from an observer perspective he'q completly correct.

On top of that the disingenuous post on.this thread? :P I'm sure we can find quite a few worse over the last weeks :P (sorry)

I mean, telling literally the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the world that the billions of dollars in advertising the USA as the best place in the world (be that via government spending or private businesses (like Hollywood)) wasn't really honest and that it's there own fault really for believing these things... is insane and pretty appalling.

It's worse than when people complain that the poor buy things they can't really afford and then get into debt...

Back