America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 37,952 comments
So apparently the National Enquirer may tell prosecutors everything they know about Trump.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/12/national-enquirers-deal-imperil-trump-1061792

Yes, that's right, we're supposed to take the magazine that made this...

CeagBvxUUAAs0nT.jpg

Seriously. :lol:

No - we're not taking the content of the magazine as "serious". What its president may have to reveal about personal & business dealings with Trump ... that's a different matter.

So he's somehow not responsible for the filth they put out? :confused:

As far as I'm concerned, he's about as credible as the Orange Man himself. On second thought, maybe using him as a source isn't such a bad idea after all, sort of a "fight fire with fire" thing. :lol:

If the publication mr pecker owns made catch and kill deals then that will be facts not opinions . The fact mr pecker is not going to be prosecuted means he gave up something that can be verified .

So he's somehow not responsible for the filth they put out? :confused:

As far as I'm concerned, he's about as credible as the Orange Man himself. On second thought, maybe using him as a source isn't such a bad idea after all, sort of a "fight fire with fire" thing. :lol:

The investigators are not going to be asking Pecker about the Wolfboy or Alien Love Babies, they will be questioning him about his dealings with Trump.

If the publication mr pecker owns made catch and kill deals then that will be facts not opinions . The fact mr pecker is not going to be prosecuted means he gave up something that can be verified .

When I see the evidence, I'll reconsider. However until than I view his Trump claims the same way I view his magazine's Obama claims.

The investigators are not going to be asking Pecker about the Wolfboy or Alien Love Babies, they will be questioning him about his dealings with Trump.

You're really not even trying to get my point, are you?

Last edited:
When I see the evidence, I'll reconsider. However until than I view his Trump claims the same way I view his magazine's Obama claims.

You're really not even trying to get my point, are you?

Did you even read the article? It isnt about specific contents of the publications, but direct dealings between the parent company (Pecker) and Trump. You are confusing the publication with the dealings with its owner.

This is a compilation of snippets. Without context you cant just claim that it is Fake news. This example clearly isnt fake news. Clickbaity perhaps, but definately not fake news.

Speculating an outcome is not by definition false. Making false statements and presenting them as facts is Fake News.
This time, as opposed to the hundreds of other times though, it's real!

Did you even read the article? It isnt about specific contents of the publications, but direct dealings between the parent company (Pecker) and Trump. You are confusing the publication with the dealings with its owner.

The point is, if someone's business is shady, chances are the owner isn't much better.

Again, once I see the evidence my opinion may differ, but just going by what we know currently I'm very much taking this with a grain of salt.

Those claims weren't made in a court of law though.

They were still made though.

Here is Sen. Hatch a former law man , explaining he does not care if Trump committed crimes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/11/orrin-hatch-gops-contortions-defend-trump/

What also amuses me is flynn saying lock her up and now guess who is going to jail ? You just cant invent this type of stuff .

A Utahn looking the other way with crimes? I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!

We, or rather our government, look the other way all the time with regards to crime.

I sure do wish that it didn't keep being people like The National Enquirer and Omarosa who kept telling all these juicy Trump secrets.
It isn't.

Glasser-Michael-Wolff-on-How-Washington-Will-Defeat-Trump.jpg

But then that isn't really an improvement, is it?

This is what happens when people elect politicians that haven't got a clue about how the economy works.

https://media.wkbn.com/nxs-wkbntv-m...8 _OP_1_CP__1544558648172_64999645_ver1.0.pdf

It also furthers my belief that both Republicans and Democrats are universally awful at understanding anything and both want to run the country into the ground. Also, both parties are continuing to embrace communism with regards to GM. It's both irritating and rather concerning since historically the US hates anything remotely communist. Guess the two Congressmen here didn't pay attention during the Cold War.

There are a few entertaining lines in the letter about the Lordstown plant though. Notables include:

"For more than 50 years, Lordstown has been an important part of GM's success, and just this year J .D. Power ranked the plant number one for the highest quality production among GM's facilities." This includes high quality products like the Pontiac Sunfire, Pontiac Sunbird, and Buick Skyhawk. A true mark of quality products if I've ever seen one.

"What would be the cost, if any, of retooling the plant to produce an electric vehicle of comparable size to the Chevy Cruze?" Like the Chevy Volt? You know the car that GM is stopping production on because no one buys them?

I hope Mary Barra responds by telling them: "Yes, we will keep the plant open, how much are you going to give us to do so? Oh, nothing? Well then, you can bugger right off."

Don't worry Joey, Tesla might buy it as an east coast assembly hub and save America's future in the process.

As for the National Enquirer, their parent company AMI paid off one of Trump's affair ladies $150,000 to shut her up during the campaign. So that's why the FBI is on them.

It isn't.

Glasser-Michael-Wolff-on-How-Washington-Will-Defeat-Trump.jpg

But then that isn't really an improvement, is it?
Certainly there are people with legitimate skeletons that Trump has hidden in their closet, who I assume that is since I'm terrible with faces, but I feel when it's from the people who make the entire thing immediate late night fodder it just buries the real ones by trivializing the whole thing.

I hope Mary Barra responds by telling them: "Yes, we will keep the plant open, how much are you going to give us to do so? Oh, nothing? Well then, you can bugger right off."
That'd be a pretty dangerous game to play for a company whose main product line is protected from external competition with extreme taxation. I've mentioned it before in the thread about the plant closures, but it's also really not a good look for GM and Ford to talk a big game about how they want to keep fighting forwards to the Obama fuel economy standards and then dropping nearly all of their models where they'd actually have to put effort into achieving them half a year later.

And the politicians may not grasp that they can't just force GM to keep their US plants open when they are hopelessly underutilized, but they also aren't going to just forget things like Barra posting an open letter to GM employees about how important it is to keep fighting against Trump freezing CAFE.

Certainly there are people with legitimate skeletons that Trump has hidden in their closet, who I assume that is since I'm terrible with faces, but I feel when it's from the people who make the entire thing immediate late night fodder it just buries the real ones by trivializing the whole thing.
Oh, no, my apologies...that's Michael Wolff, and I think he's far from credible.

I thought SNL nailed him perfectly*:

And I think you're absolutely right that there are those who have actual damning stuff on Trump, those who I believe are prepared to release it but are going about it the right way rather than using it as something to benefit them.

*Offered purely for entertainment purposes and not intended to be taken as evidence of anything.

It amazed me how everybody had a straight face when she asked the question. I was laughing out loud. :lol:

Except the trolling Monopolyman ofcourse

That lady seems to understand the basics of how it works and was asking the question to clarify. She's not the problem.

There were a couple people on that panel who were problems, Particularly the guy who expected the Google CEO to answer a question about the operation of an iPhone.

That lady seems to understand the basics of how it works and was asking the question to clarify. She's not the problem.

There were a couple people on that panel who were problems, Particularly the guy who expected the Google CEO to answer a question about the operation of an iPhone.

I know. She was a democrat I believe. I wasnt making fun of her though. The funny bit was the question itself and no one seem to laugh. I found it hilarious.

As we all know repubicans are often old white guys and are a bit out of touch with technology.

ps: did you notice the monopolyman in the background?

As for the National Enquirer, their parent company AMI paid off one of Trump's affair ladies $150,000 to shut her up during the campaign. So that's why the FBI is on them.

A practice known as catch and kill; buy the exclusive rights to a story specifically so you don't run the story and, with exclusive rights, no-one else does either.

A good way for media moguls to protect their mates.

Back