American Cars in GT5

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 79 comments
I feel that the UK was hard done by too.

We have Land Rover, but only the Range Stormer.

We have AC but no Ace or Acea
ac-ace-019.jpg

ac-aceca-002.jpg

We have Marcos, but only that little shoe-sized thing. No 500HP Mantis Coupe in sight :(

MG is in, but oddly only just the MGF and MGTF.

i think there should be all of the later model mustangs in the game even the v-6 versions
they should also put in firebirds and 70s and 80s camaros

What GT5 needs is some more powerful modern and classic US muscle cars. And they really need to improve the engine sounds badly. Take for example in Forza. If any of you have Forza and hooked up to a 5.1 system ( or even just regular TV speakers), do a free run with Vette Lingenfelter 427TT. Turn up that volume, and hear the car roar when you start off the line. Now that's what I'm talking about. Forza has its own problems and also has room for improvement, but if any of you guys have Forza, you know what I'm talking about. I want to hear the damn car roar like it's supposed to.

And the other thing is GT5 needs more real supercars, and not just american, though that's a whole different story. How about a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, how about that racing version of the new Mustang, how about a Hennessey Viper or Sir Hiss Viper or some Lingenfelters. When I hear that GT40 revving, I wanna hear a friggin roar. Please make it roar PD. :drool:

Well, it did infact have the Generation 3 SHO Taurus in it (hey I own one of those!), So I was satisfied. However, I was quite shocked that a car like the generation One/Two SHO Taurus (you know, the Taurus with the 5speed and 220hp yamaha Built v6, Hey I own one of those to!) Was not infact in it. Seeing as how in 1989, When the SHO Taurus came out, It was the most powerfull production Front wheel drive car ever made (220 horsepower), and you COULD NOT, get a faster (0-60 In 6.5 Seconds, 144mph top speed, 15.1 1/4...Ive done better in the 1/4 then that myself, in my stock SHO, But magazines suck :) ). But the generation 3 will have to do, Besides, Who would have a thought a Measly Taurus would make in to any sort of racing video game :)

-Sam

TaurusSHOguy
Well, it did infact have the Generation 3 SHO Taurus in it (hey I own one of those!), So I was satisfied. However, I was quite shocked that a car like the generation One/Two SHO Taurus (you know, the Taurus with the 5speed and 220hp yamaha Built v6, Hey I own one of those to!) Was not infact in it. Seeing as how in 1989, When the SHO Taurus came out, It was the most powerfull production Front wheel drive car ever made (220 horsepower), and you COULD NOT, get a faster (0-60 In 6.5 Seconds, 144mph top speed, 15.1 1/4...Ive done better in the 1/4 then that myself, in my stock SHO, But magazines suck :) ). But the generation 3 will have to do, Besides, Who would have a thought a Measly Taurus would make in to any sort of racing video game :)

-Sam
A MEASELY Taurus? Wow, I'm 16 and I can't say the Taurus is measly. My sister has a '99 Taurus SE. Now that thing has some "get-up-and-go". Completely stock. Big American V6. I would love to see a Buick Regal Supercharged...I know sounds dumb, but hey, talk about power. WHOA! Me in particular, am new to American cars. My parents have always bought/driven foreign cars. (Hyundai Excel, Nissan Pickup, Toyota Camry, Honda Civic, Acura TSX). In 2000, my Dad bought a Ford Ranger 4 cylinder 4X2 XLT. That thing has umm... 0 power. Floor it and it barely moves. I have had bad experiences really with American cars and trucks in the past, but I am now warming up to them. Having a few more US cars in the game would be cool. But ones like Buick, Cadillac, etc.. I am now driving a 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon. Absolutely love it. Well....come to find out, it is a Chevy Optra in every other country in the world. Hmmmm, maybe I do like American cars?!

The only American cars I really like are-
Viper (not the new one
All large Cadillacs

That about covers it.

2004TSX
A MEASELY Taurus? Wow, I'm 16 and I can't say the Taurus is measly. My sister has a '99 Taurus SE. Now that thing has some "get-up-and-go". Completely stock. Big American V6. I would love to see a Buick Regal Supercharged...I know sounds dumb, but hey, talk about power. WHOA! Me in particular, am new to American cars. My parents have always bought/driven foreign cars. (Hyundai Excel, Nissan Pickup, Toyota Camry, Honda Civic, Acura TSX). In 2000, my Dad bought a Ford Ranger 4 cylinder 4X2 XLT. That thing has umm... 0 power. Floor it and it barely moves. I have had bad experiences really with American cars and trucks in the past, but I am now warming up to them. Having a few more US cars in the game would be cool. But ones like Buick, Cadillac, etc.. I am now driving a 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon. Absolutely love it. Well....come to find out, it is a Chevy Optra in every other country in the world. Hmmmm, maybe I do like American cars?!

If you like your Sisters Taurus, then you would Love the SHO Taurus.

Here is a engine picture, Of the 1989-1995 SHO Taurus V6:
SHO-engine.jpg

And here is the V8 (1996-199) SHO engine:
Mac_SHO_Engine.jpg

You think your sisters Duratec V6 Taurus is fast, Wait tell you try a SHO (Ecspecially, a V6 5speed one). And yes, I own both a V6 SHO (92) And a V8 SHO (96), And I just turned 18.

-Sam

Anything with a LOT of power. My sister hates her car. First off, sadly, she trashed it. She's on vacation this week so I can go fiddle with it. OH!!!!!! Would you happen to know where to find the original factory key code for the keyless entry under the handle? We don't know where the "computer module" is.

The Taurus SHO must be pretty underrated. First thing I think of Taurus is "crap car on the road," piece of s:censored: "race car" in NASCAR. I don't know. Never really liked the Taurus. The newer ones look nice.

I kind of prefer the Viper GTS of the 1990s by looks. Allow me to make the usual American car argument, in saying that if you don't like the latest Viper, at least give it some respect because it packs 500hp from a V10 engine. I have a unique entry to add to this thread. I don't know the exact title of the car, but would you like to race that SoCal Speed Shop Speedster?

The only real classics I'd like to see in terms of American cars are the Trans-Am racers from the 1960s and 1970s as the Monterrey Historics show off. The old Trans-Am racers represent the earliest days of the oldest road racing sanctioning body in America, the Sports Car Club of America's (SCCA) Trans-Am series. Mustangs and such were competing at tracks like Sebring, Riverside, and Laguna Seca (or did they race there?). With the American cars in Formula D, it would be interesting to see some of the American cars in the game, like the Mopar Viper by Sam Hubinette, the Pontiac GTO by Rhys Millen, the Ford Mustang by a number of Formula D racers, just to name a few... oh, not to mention Bubba Drift's ride.

You like?

By watching the Speed Channel show "Pinks," I seen this gold-colored beauty, a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. Before the guy's hood blew off, this thing is a beautiful Oldsmobile. Yeah, those Oldsmobile and beautiful don't usually go together, but it was a sweet automobile.

For you American car fans, are there any rare American automobiles that would look nice in a Gran Turismo game? I've heard of some American car with Mustang or Cobra in its name that had headlights kind of like one of my all-time favorite Japanese cars, the Nissan 240Z. I can't really picture it, but there are some rare American cars that would be nice to have in the game in terms of automobiles.

So, anyone have any rare American autos that would be nice?

JohnBM01

Oh yeah, the 2F ... (Duuuuuurrr) *smacks self in forehead* My dad has some old slot cars of that machine. The old slot cars are fun to play with because the piece that slides into the slot of the track pivots and you can drive them sideways.

You want rare and cool? The Studebaker Avanti and Studebaker Lark are cool old cars. The Avanti was the second American car (second only to Preston Tucker's Torpedo) to come with front disc brakes. The Avanti also had a factory installed rollbar where the B-pillar is.

They were more of a muscle car (straight-line speed) rather than a pony or sports car (speed with good/great cornering capabilities) but it's possible with today's suspension technology to make an Avanti a corner carver. I'd like to take an original '62 Avanti and replace its solid rear axle with the IRS from the early Jaguar or Corvette and find a way to give it better shocks and springs- that would rock!

Ive got a long list of American cars in the forum "GT5 Car Wishlist V2.0" that id like to see in GT5. One thing i dont get is why they have Camaros, but no Firebirds? Also, why put in the Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab instead of the SRT-10 Ram? Everyone else with a truck has the sport-version. Finally, why is it when you put a supercharger in a muscle car, they dont show it sticking out of the hood, like it should?

because not all superchargers are 2 feet tall, not all superchargers are sitting right on top of the engine...
So in essense, hood clearance isn't an issue so no need to remodel a car they didn't Remodel in the first place...

American cars I want in Gt5...

Vectors....
Moslers...that's about all I care for..

If they put more camaro's and more firebirds that'd just be even MORE cars for me to never pick...ever

2004TSX
A MEASELY Taurus? Wow, I'm 16 and I can't say the Taurus is measly. My sister has a '99 Taurus SE. Now that thing has some "get-up-and-go". Completely stock. Big American V6.

I can say measely taurus and i'm 21.

I'd much rather have a Ford Contour SVT than a taurus, just because the taurus looks bad...But GT is famous for including some very...very ugly cars...
So yeah.

MUCH more Pontiacs i.e. Trans-ams. Big blocks don't sound like what sound like in GT4. More classics chevs. MORE classic Fords. I mean, being a Holden fan I don't exactly like Fords, but are better than rice, and the amount of American Fords in GT4 were pathetic.

Driftster
because not all superchargers are 2 feet tall, not all superchargers are sitting right on top of the engine...
So in essense, hood clearance isn't an issue so no need to remodel a car they didn't Remodel in the first place...

Notice how i said on muscle cars? the last time i checked, muscle cars with carbureted engines and superchargers have some sort of hole in the hood, unless they have a modern fuel injected engine stuffed in there.

Back