Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
Another idea I've had is a "high school car" event that's along the same lines as the Budget Car Lounge, but with a more relaxed budget. The theme will basically be a mix of "beaters," parent hand-me-downs, and weekend restoration and tuner projects. That means it'll probably include the likes of the Civic, Fit, Levin/Trueno, Silvia, RX-7 Savanna, Firebird, and a few more cars that fit that criteria.

Another idea I've had is a "high school car" event that's along the same lines as the Budget Car Lounge, but with a more relaxed budget. The theme will basically be a mix of "beaters," parent hand-me-downs, and weekend restoration and tuner projects. That means it'll probably include the likes of the Civic, Fit, Levin/Trueno, Silvia, RX-7 Savanna, Firebird, and a few more cars that fit that criteria.

Sounds good but N200 would be the limit for those.

20191009232341.jpg

I´m ready, let´s bring on the races on the Saturday and have some fun! :cheers:
Went for a weird choice, since I know the Civics and Miatas will dominate this event.

Nice livery. I have one for the Suzuki Swift from a previous event I hosted. I'll see if I can post it later.

I was going to use the Copen, but just an advise for those who do, it is utter 🤬 :lol:. With the power limit of 150hp, it spins the wheels like crazy until you hit the top of 3rd gear, it's absolutely hilarious :lol:.

Swift is nice to drive though, very stable. Should be a good competition to the Fit, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The Fit likes to seriously power understeer on corners like Tsukuba's final turn though. Not sure if the hybrid system gives it much of an advantage.

I was going to use the Copen, but just an advise for those who do, it is utter 🤬 :lol:. With the power limit of 150hp, it spins the wheels like crazy until you hit the top of 3rd gear, it's absolutely hilarious :lol:.

Swift is nice to drive though, very stable. Should be a good competition to the Fit, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The Fit likes to seriously power understeer on corners like Tsukuba's final turn though. Not sure if the hybrid system gives it much of an advantage.

I have a Copen tune that works okay. Then again, I'm the slowest driver of the bunch, so I don't think it'll make that much of a difference.

Been testing the S660 around more. This car. Is. Amazing. I have a tune for it and it just zips right around corners like an actual go-kart, I'm excited to see how it'll stack up against y'all. 1 more day to go... :cheers:

Been testing the S660 around more. This car. Is. Amazing. I have a tune for it and it just zips right around corners like an actual go-kart, I'm excited to see how it'll stack up against y'all. 1 more day to go... :cheers:

Yeah, that car is deceptively good.

Yeah, that car is deceptively good.

I've been perfecting the tune while trying it against the AI in custom races and it surely punches above it's weight. And CS tyres seem perfect for it, right on the limit of grip most of the time, without snapping. :cheers:

Probably would have never tried this car were it not for this event, so thank you! :lol:

Thanks for hosting the race last night, it was really fun. Though I hoped to have a little more power on my Fit Hybrid, it's leaning around the corners at its limit around the medium-to-high speed tracks. Though the battery burns out really fast if pushed hard around the corners.

Here are some snapshots from the races to share.

Last edited:
I currently have the weight limit set at 2,100 lbs. (953 kgs.) since I don't want to take away the only real advantage the Trueno/Levin have over the rest of the cars in the pool. Most of the cars can get down to at least 2,300-2,500 lbs. The only one that truly suffers is the Trans Am since the lightest it can go is somewhere around 3,000 lbs.

Thanks for hosting the race last night, it was really fun. Though I hoped to have a little more power on my Fit Hybrid, it's leaning around the corners at its limit around the medium-to-high speed tracks. Though the battery burns out really fast if pushed hard around the corners.

Here are some snapshots from the races to share.

Yeah, the races were mostly fun. I really struggled to keep the Beat straight on Tokyo Expressway during warm-ups, but managed to avoid the walls and get an actual clean racing bonus.

@Cabernet we missed you on Saturday. Hope you can race with us eventually.

I currently have the weight limit set at 2,100 lbs. (953 kgs.) since I don't want to take away the only real advantage the Trueno/Levin have over the rest of the cars in the pool. Most of the cars can get down to at least 2,300-2,500 lbs. The only one that truly suffers is the Trans Am since the lightest it can go is somewhere around 3,000 lbs.

Yeah, the races were mostly fun. I really struggled to keep the Beat straight on Tokyo Expressway during warm-ups, but managed to avoid the walls and get an actual clean racing bonus.

@Cabernet we missed you on Saturday. Hope you can race with us eventually.
Oh gosh, yeah I saw from the replay the Beat was drifting through the medium speed corners like a wild catfish.

But it's really a nimble car in terms of acceleration, compared to my Fit Hybrid which sucked at acceleration but stable with medium to high speeds.

So, when brainstorming future events, I came to the realization that we've never featured Northern Isle Speedway, Blue Moon Bay (Default), SSRX, or even the East Inner/Outer layouts of Tokyo Expressway. I'm sure we haven't used all of the Autodrome Lago Maggiore layouts either. I try to be mindful of the tracks I select since I feel they're just as important to the themes as the cars.

SSRX looks great, but I don't know the best way to implement it other than a "Like the Wind" inspired event.

So, when brainstorming future events, I came to the realization that we've never featured Northern Isle Speedway, Blue Moon Bay (Default), SSRX, or even the East Inner/Outer layouts of Tokyo Expressway. I'm sure we haven't used all of the Autodrome Lago Maggiore layouts either. I try to be mindful of the tracks I select since I feel they're just as important to the themes as the cars.

SSRX looks great, but I don't know the best way to implement it other than a "Like the Wind" inspired event.
What about a NASCAR championship? We can use some cars similiar to them and put them on oval tracks, with full damage on. I won't join this "High School Days" because it will be really boring in my opinion.

Back