American Racing League (ARL) Cobra Cup Challenge - [SEE POLL]

What time works for you? Choose 2 options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Charlotte, NC
Shelby American.jpg

Cobra Cup Challenge

Welcome! This is a one-make tuner series using the 1966 Shelby Cobra 427.
Friday @ 900 PM EST

Practice @ 800 PM EST
Qualifying @ 845 PM EST
Race @ 900 PM EST

*Schedule subject to change

Vehicle Regulations

• Car selection will be limited to the 1966 Shelby Cobra 427
  • Tuning ALLOWED
  • Power and weight will remain at 484 HP / 2,355 LBS
  • Driving assists will be prohibited. NO ABS ALLOWED
  • Tires 6x Fuel 2x
  • Race tires (RH, RM, RS, RSS and Heavy Wet)
Race Regulations

• Race length: # Laps = ~30 min
  • Starting grid will be determined by a heat race.
    • Heat race length: # Laps = ~5 min
    • Starting grid for heat race based on practice times. (Set grid fastest first)
    • Finishing order of heat race will determine starting position. (Set grid based on previous race results)
  • Damage Light
  • False Start Check
  • Good racecraft is a MUST
*All standard ARL rules and regulations will apply, check these links for more info:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/welcome-to-arl.390305/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/american-racing-league-arl-gr-3.383402/

Pre-Season Schedule

1. November 29 - Circuit de la Sarthe 0700 Clear
  2. December 6 - Willow Springs Big Willow 17:30 Fine
  3. December 13 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit 20:00 Clear
  4. December 20 -
  5. December 27- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 20:30 Dusk Rain
  6. January 3 - Nurburgring 24h 20:30 Twilight
*Regulations subject to change at this time.

Last edited:
Yes

From what I’m aware of, I own the Shelby Daytona Prototype

Getting to drive my Daytona prototype

All is well!

There is a few tricks on youtube. Require you to sleep while game runs.

I think this is well thought out. BOP testing will be tough, due to everyone not having all the cars. Unsure how this will look currently. But I’m looking forward to this.

I'm interested!

I'm a car collector, here's what I don't have :lol: (4 cars)
Alfa Romeo Giulia '65
Ferrari 250 GTO '62
Ford Mark IV '67
Jaguar D-type '54

Far as grinding credits, I mix it up between these GT League races (all in Professional League):
• Premium Sports Lounge race 1 (BMB)-xbow-n300
• Nostalgic 1979 race 2 (le Mans)- Ferrari 330 P4, Corvette stingray '59, or Jaguar XJ13 '66
• Group 1 Cup race 5 (Monza)- Tomahawk VGT gr.1

Last edited:
1966 Ford GT40 Mark I
1967 Shelby Cobra 427
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia
1971 Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8 AMG
1953 Aston Martin DB3S
1959 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Circuit experience, mission challenge, and campaign mode can build a lot of credits but takes some time. Circuit experience alone can get you about $8-9M total and it doesn’t hurt to get the practice. Also, you can buy cars on the PS store up to $10M. After that your on your own. The 66 GT40 is a $2.8M car in game and it’s $2.99 in the PS store. For the SNAILs, you could buy the new car each week from the PS store to save your in-game credits. Selling unused cars is always an option as well.

Last edited:
Sucks I had everyone of those cars and lost them all along with over a year and a half of game play.
I would have been all over this if it wasn't for me losing all my data.

Sucks I had everyone of those cars and lost them all along with over a year and a half of game play.
I would have been all over this if it wasn't for me losing all my data.

That sucks man. Well if you get another one head back over here for updates. Not sure how this will work yet considering there’s no BoP for Gr.X. I’m starting to lean towards a one make but even then we’d be asking people to have at least six of the cars. Or, maybe just one car per season? I’ve been testing the cars I do have and they’ve been a blast to drive. I’m really liking the tuning aspect as well.

That sucks man. Well if you get another one head back over here for updates. Not sure how this will work yet considering there’s no BoP for Gr.X. I’m starting to lean towards a one make but even then we’d be asking people to have at least six of the cars. Or, maybe just one car per season? I’ve been testing the cars I do have and they’ve been a blast to drive. I’m really liking the tuning aspect as well.

I have 3 Ferrari 330's that I won a week after the update that put them into the game. It's the only car I didn't lose.

This is what I have off your list.

Gr.X
Ferrari 330 P4 1967--20M Cr.--PS store NA
Aston Martin DB3S CN.1--10M Cr.--PS store $9.99
Alfa Romeo Giulia T22 1965--10M Cr.--PSstore $9.99
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept 1959--5M Cr.--PS store $9.99
Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8 AMG 1971--2M Cr.--PS store $2.99

N400
Ford GT40 Mark I 1966--2.8M Cr.--PS store $2.99

N300
Ferrari 250 GT 1961--12.5M Cr.--PS store NA

N100
Porsche 356 GT Carrara 1956--1.2M Cr.--PSstore $2.99

I just haven't felt like grinding to get all the other 20m cars back

I have 3 Ferrari 330's that I won a week after the update that put them into the game. It's the only car I didn't lose.

This is what I have off your list.

Gr.X
Ferrari 330 P4 1967--20M Cr.--PS store NA
Aston Martin DB3S CN.1--10M Cr.--PS store $9.99
Alfa Romeo Giulia T22 1965--10M Cr.--PSstore $9.99
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept 1959--5M Cr.--PS store $9.99
Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8 AMG 1971--2M Cr.--PS store $2.99

N400
Ford GT40 Mark I 1966--2.8M Cr.--PS store $2.99

N300
Ferrari 250 GT 1961--12.5M Cr.--PS store NA

N100
Porsche 356 GT Carrara 1956--1.2M Cr.--PSstore $2.99

I just haven't felt like grinding to get all the other 20m cars back

That’s a good chunk of the list. The first post here is a working document so keep checking back for updates. I might need your help with some testing as well.

That’s a good chunk of the list. The first post here is a working document so keep checking back for updates. I might need your help with some testing as well.

Not a problem at all.

I'm getting closer to 20M credits again and since I've already had the opportunity to own all the 20M once before. I will be adding the Shelby Daytona or the Jaguar XJ13 next. Both are simply awesome

It’s difficult. Because I don’t think I have any of the 6. It’s a lot of grinding for others.

I’m down for whatever. Not good at tuning (hell im not even good at driving lol) but I’ve heard people share tunes and the like.
I still need to check my garage to see what cars I have

Jaguar XJ13
Jaguar D type
Aston Martin DB3
Shelby cobra
Ford GT40 66

That’s a good list. We could definitely race Goodwood. The Jags and Astons would be right at home there. Follow the thread as there will probably be a lot of changes before we figure out exactly what this will look like. Please, leave any suggestions you may have that would help this series be fun and competitive.

What does everybody think about a one-make series using the 1967 Shelby Cobra 427? It's 2M credits or, you can buy it for $2.99. This has been done before with the miatas and porsche but they've all been spec regulations. I'd like to open up tuning for this but keep the power/weight stock. I've been doing a bit of testing with this and the Cobra has a lot of room for improvement so it'll be fun to see what everybody comes up with. (Its also the most amazing sounding car in the game. I recommend using good headphones and cranking it up!) Also, being a one-make series will help it be more focused on tuning. It'll be important to have a tune for each track and you can save each tune for every track. I would like to see it be more of an endurance style race to place even more emphasis on tuning. There are some tunes you can make to be super fast but wouldn't work for an endurance. So, you'll have to make your car fast while still being comfortable and take care of tires. We can do 24 minuets or, 2.4 hours or, somewhere in between. To sum everything up, this will be a one-make, tuning allowed, endurance style series. If this sounds good to you guys I'll edit the page and find out a good time slot so we can get moving forward with it.

@Neutty @TexasJDC @Nick Cannella

Back