American Racing League (ARL) Cobra Cup Challenge - [SEE POLL]

What time works for you? Choose 2 options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*Race cancellation*

I made some last minuet Thanksgiving plans and I won’t be around this weekend. Therefore the unofficial race planned this Friday will be cancelled.

Sorry to those that were wanting to race. Keeping tuning and feel free to follow the guidelines and open rooms to test, we will try again next Friday. Thanks.

*Unless somebody wants to host it themselves. By all means go ahead, just keep me posted.

*Race cancellation*

I made some last minuet Thanksgiving plans and I won’t be around this weekend. Therefore the unofficial race planned this Friday will be cancelled.

Sorry to those that were wanting to race. Keeping tuning and feel free to follow the guidelines and open rooms to test, we will try again next Friday. Thanks.

*Unless somebody wants to host it themselves. By all means go ahead, just keep me posted.
Next Friday is Herimopp’s 4 hour.

Going to keep an eye on this series:tup:. I may be able to race on the Fridays that my Porsche and Lambo series are off.
For anyone who is skeptical or apprehensive about the whole tuning aspect, give it a chance. We have used it for the Porsche GT3 Cup series to very good success. Tuning may gain a bit of time over a stock setup...better tuners a little more, but overall not more than .5-.8 of a second. Where gains are found more is in the confidence to push on the car harder and being able to remain more consistent over the duration of a race. Even the best tune will not overcome a 3 second skills gap, but it will make you a little faster than your best stock tune laps, but a whole lot more consistent which only equates to much better door to door racing. Also, there are many very good tunes in the gt sport tuners forum from Priano, JEJE, and a few others...try them out to save some time if your not into the testing aspect of tuning. I'm a fan and advocate for tuning as it has served my series very well. Nice concept @NASCARNATE91. Count me in on the open weeks when I'm available and not running my series.:cheers:

Going to keep an eye on this series:tup:. I may be able to race on the Fridays that my Porsche and Lambo series are off.
For anyone who is skeptical or apprehensive about the whole tuning aspect, give it a chance. We have used it for the Porsche GT3 Cup series to very good success. Tuning may gain a bit of time over a stock setup...better tuners a little more, but overall not more than .5-.8 of a second. Where gains are found more is in the confidence to push on the car harder and being able to remain more consistent over the duration of a race. Even the best tune will not overcome a 3 second skills gap, but it will make you a little faster than your best stock tune laps, but a whole lot more consistent which only equates to much better door to door racing. Also, there are many very good tunes in the gt sport tuners forum from Priano, JEJE, and a few others...try them out to save some time if your not into the testing aspect of tuning. I'm a fan and advocate for tuning as it has served my series very well. Nice concept @NASCARNATE91. Count me in on the open weeks when I'm available and not running my series.:cheers:

I second that :cheers:

Hey guys, here's some cool info if you're strapped for credits to buy the car. The new Lewis Hamilton DLC gives a 200,000 payout for bronze and there are 10 tracks. I think everyone here can muster up at least a bronze even on a controller and there you have 2 million credits. The Cobra costs exactly 2 million credits.

@NASCARNATE91 adter the Lewis Hamilton deal I was able to purchase the FORD 20 million car

I have enough for the 20 million Ferrari now. That Lewis Hamilton is tough.

I’ve been reading all the posts about it but haven’t been home to download the update. I plan on doing it this week so I can get the mark iv as well. It looks like the chances of a Ford v Ferrari race happening are a lot better now. It is certainly something I’d like to do in here whether it’s a wildcard or just a one off race.

Finally got to try out the new Lewis Hamilton time trial and it’s pretty fun. Although I wish they would let you keep running laps instead of restarting at the end of each lap. I like to concept of this to sort of showcase the real drivers talent. I’m sure Lewis got to run a ton of laps before settling for his best but it proves that the pros are indeed pros. Sometimes you have to wonder how much of the pros success is actually based on talent rather than being in the right place at the right time and rubbing shoulders with the right people and of course....MONEY.

I plan on opening a room before SNAIL practice tonight so be on the lookout if you’re on.

I know @Herimopp89 4hr at the Mountain is tomorrow night but I intend to run a race as scheduled at Willow Springs Big Willow. Not trying to pull drivers from you heri but I’ll gladly take anybody who’s not already committed to something else. Hope to see at least a few of you. Not sure what the confirmed number is for the 4 hr race.

I plan on opening a room before SNAIL practice tonight so be on the lookout if you’re on.

I know @Herimopp89 4hr at the Mountain is tomorrow night but I intend to run a race as scheduled at Willow Springs Big Willow. Not trying to pull drivers from you heri but I’ll gladly take anybody who’s not already committed to something else. Hope to see at least a few of you. Not sure what the confirmed number is for the 4 hr race.

I think the last number I saw was like 12-13

No worries at all we are right around 12/13 for the race which if we have 8 to 10 will be great

Tonight will be the first unofficial race. Room opens at 8 PM eastern and race will begin at 9.

I don’t expect a large turnout because of the SNAIL invitational and 4hrs at panorama but I’m going to give it a shot anyway.

Please post if you plan on attending.

I'd like to run this tonight. Wife wants Saturday trip, so I should be able to drive tonight.
I've been driving this beast on SS, even when I crank up the HP and reduce weight, so I don't know what to think about racing tires. 6x wear will certainly make tire selection interesting.

I'd like to run this tonight. Wife wants Saturday trip, so I should be able to drive tonight.
I've been driving this beast on SS, even when I crank up the HP and reduce weight, so I don't know what to think about racing tires. 6x wear will certainly make tire selection interesting.

Power and weight remain stock and it’s racing tires only

Yeah I’ll stream. What time do you think you’ll start? I may also need some pointers on adjusting things fellas. I believe it’s called tuning? I have no clue.

****Edit. I see the room open and start time.

Room open
0475-4178-3186-9879-6100

This DOES NOT require a confirmation so feel free to join.

**Reminders**

Practice is open now until 845

Your best practice time will determine the starting grid for the heat race qualifying. (Set grid fastest first)

The results of the heat race will determine the starting grid for the race. (Set grid based on previous race results)

Heat race is 6 laps

Final is 45 (Depending on attendance)

Tonight’s testing was a success in my book. We had enough drivers to discuss tunes and try different things as well as get a feel for what this series could be. Thanks to all that showed up and raced. I heard a lot of positive feedback and I had a blast myself.

There will be some changes to the format including prohibiting ABS. I would also like to juggle some ideas about race length and how often the series runs.

@VetteVillain (tagging you because you said you enjoyed it but I haven’t seen you in the thread yet)

Thanks again to those that showed up and gave your input. Please leave any thoughts you had about tonight’s racing and comments or concerns moving forward.

***RACING TONIGHT @ 9PM EST***

Room opens for practice @ ~8PM EST
Heat race @ 845PM EST
Race @ 9PM EST

There's been a slight change to the schedule since we ran Willow and Goodwood last week. Tonight we'll be racing at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit 20:00 Clear. Also review other changes made to the first post.

Back