American Racing League (ARL) Cobra Cup Challenge - [SEE POLL]

What time works for you? Choose 2 options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dang it. Didn’t realize that this was same night as Nova’s Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge. I can’t believe I missed an event where ABS is prohibited!
:guilty:

I didn’t realize Nova’s series was on the same day either until I saw everybody in that lobby. Moving forward, I think I’m going to change the date and time to be the same as the monthly gr.2 race but on an alternate week. Possibly the first Monday of every month. For now, I’ll continue to post random lobbies just for fun and testing purposes. I’d like to have the schedule solid by the new year.

Going to keep an eye on this series:tup:. I may be able to race on the Fridays that my Porsche and Lambo series are off.
For anyone who is skeptical or apprehensive about the whole tuning aspect, give it a chance. We have used it for the Porsche GT3 Cup series to very good success. Tuning may gain a bit of time over a stock setup...better tuners a little more, but overall not more than .5-.8 of a second. Where gains are found more is in the confidence to push on the car harder and being able to remain more consistent over the duration of a race. Even the best tune will not overcome a 3 second skills gap, but it will make you a little faster than your best stock tune laps, but a whole lot more consistent which only equates to much better door to door racing. Also, there are many very good tunes in the gt sport tuners forum from Priano, JEJE, and a few others...try them out to save some time if your not into the testing aspect of tuning. I'm a fan and advocate for tuning as it has served my series very well. Nice concept @NASCARNATE91. Count me in on the open weeks when I'm available and not running my series.:cheers:

I was told that the Porsche series was Friday but I forgot. Sorry Nova.

I was told that the Porsche series was Friday but I forgot. Sorry Nova.
No worries. I've kinda snagged up the Friday late evenings slots given that's really the only time I can wholly commit to making it regularly. Wife and kids are up early and usually are in bed by 830-9pm est, and all our activities are Saturday and Sundays. ARL Gr3 is the lone exception when were not out or have company since it runs later on Saturdays. Your idea of running opposite weeks to the Gr2 ARL series on Mondays should be a good strategy...could likely grab some carryover. Good luck and hope to see it come together.
:cheers:

so many series to follow!!!!

So many series, so little time. It’s looking like this will turn into a monthly series with gr.2, possibly bi-weekly. Which I’m happy about. Gtplanet can certainly be overwhelming at times. I’m going to need Doc Brown’s help and start creating more time because I also just got involved in iRacing as well. I might not be married much longer. :lol:

So many series, so little time. It’s looking like this will turn into a monthly series with gr.2, possibly bi-weekly. Which I’m happy about. Gtplanet can certainly be overwhelming at times. I’m going to need Doc Brown’s help and start creating more time because I also just got involved in iRacing as well. I might not be married much longer. :lol:
im trying to build a new PC for next year and get back into iRacing... its been too long

***NOTICE***

I don't plan on opening a lobby tonight. Friday's have been a bust and this one isn't looking any more promising. Sorry to those that have been looking forward to this. It looks like we can give Monday the 23rd a shot for a test race so keep an eye out for that. Thanks to all still following this for your patience.

Posting to check on the status of series! Maybe a muscle car series like our grade 3 and 4 series?

Back