Thursday Night Practice (Formerly Driving School)

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 465 comments
I would be interested as well. Interested in driving with you guys but I’m not confident enough yet; i certainly don’t want to ruin someone’s race
It's understandable man but always feel free to jump in a room and race we have drivers of all skill level plus I'm hound to put it in the wall at some point so everyone gets a good laugh! We will tag you in the next driving school announcement and check out the gr.4 series coming up it's a good introduction to driving without assist

I’ve been at this for almost 2 years and I have improved by hooking up with these guys. @Herimopp89 @Jw_wk1010 @Neutty @TexasJDC and @PApunk924 are all great teachers. Each brings their own individual skill set and expertise to the league to help out new, newer or even established drivers (like me) improve their racecraft

Lol you throw me in that list due to sponsorship obligations. But he is right in all honesty all of our goals are to see our drivers improve if anyone would like help feel free to shoot us a pm and one of us will be able to make some time to help out

@TexasJDC
giphy (2).gif

I’ve been at this for almost 2 years and I have improved by hooking up with these guys. @Herimopp89 @Jw_wk1010 @Neutty @TexasJDC and @PApunk924 are all great teachers. Each brings their own individual skill set and expertise to the league to help out new, newer or even established drivers (like me) improve their racecraft

I started with PC1/2 using T150 wheel. Unfortunately i never found a group to race with, didn’t have a proper wheel stand, and just gave up. Recently i purchased GT Omega stand, bought GTS, and remembered what i had been missing. I just don’t have the track knowledge yet to feel confident. I’m working on it and will certainly jump in with you guys soon. I appreciate the hospitality.

I started with PC1/2 using T150 wheel. Unfortunately i never found a group to race with, didn’t have a proper wheel stand, and just gave up. Recently i purchased GT Omega stand, bought GTS, and remembered what i had been missing. I just don’t have the track knowledge yet to feel confident. I’m working on it and will certainly jump in with you guys soon. I appreciate the hospitality.

best place to start is to find a series that interests you. We have our holiday Miata series this Wednesday. You should join and have some fun.

Also if you like the opportunity to get to know everyone and have some fun tonight we are having a dirty (anything goes) knock out style race to bring in the new year and celebrate the founder of arls birthday (@TexasJDC ) everyone will be kicked back drinking and having a riot of a time. There is always a public chat feel free to join in on the fun. This group is an extremely fun group who just loves to race and have a good time.

We know the tracks ahead of time. Which allows you to practice that track for a few days prior. This gives you track knowledge.

I’m interested if you guys would be willing to watch a few of my practice laps in link above and offer any tips/advice. Any critiques would be appreciated.

Your racing lines look pretty good. If anything try a little slower entry into some of the turns so you can exit at full throttle.

If I get a chance I'll post a lap for you.

You're not far off my pace though.

I’m interested if you guys would be willing to watch a few of my practice laps in link above and offer any tips/advice. Any critiques would be appreciated.

Some of the turns you can brake a tiny bit later. One of the downfalls is on the slower turns it’s better to let the car roll with no throttle to help it turn and then power out. This allows you to put power down earlier at full throttle vs partial throttle through a turn and then with the added speed of that partial throttle you can’t go full until much later on exit. Hence forcing you to have less MPH down the straightaway to the next turn where it happens again. All of that adds up. Like pa said you have good lines. Don’t be afraid to push it a little on your own time to learn your limits.

You know I’m not one of the fastest but one thing I have learned from watching SuperGT and David Perel on YouTube is the smoother you drive the faster you go. Coasting through corners and getting fast exits has made a huge difference from when I started. I try to remind myself to let the car just flow smoothly and that has made me quicker although I need a ways to go just something I picked up.

You know I’m not one of the fastest but one thing I have learned from watching SuperGT and David Perel on YouTube is the smoother you drive the faster you go. Coasting through corners and getting fast exits has made a huge difference from when I started. I try to remind myself to let the car just flow smoothly and that has made me quicker although I need a ways to go just something I picked up.

That was a huge help for me too. I also found I lose the rear end less off the corner as well.

Back