GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
PS. I tried something different with the FB page. There's now the main page, which apparently has a lot of restrictions I can't undo, and to experiment, a dedicated community for the GT3 Class. Hopefully, y'all will be able to make comments and post pics there without any kind of permission being needed.

So here we go :)

Dodge Viper Gr4
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
20:30 Sunny
24 laps

edit:
Tire Wear - 4x
Fuel Wear - 3x

full
Nice pick man. Guess i need to make an oreca livery now.

I was rolling through turn 1 between 65-75mph depending on my tires, then a quick blip of the throttle followed by hard braking just before entering turn 2.

That seemed to be my fastest section of the track.
Yep! I did try braking before the 100m mark, around 120 (that's my T1 reference) and cruise into the turn at about 110km/h (70mph ish?), and then brake again into T2 to save my brake temps.
But it only works well when I have optimal grip and tire temps, otherwise I'd end up in the grass like it did happened.

So, I only recently stumbled upon the launch of Supra. Anticipation is key. Watching your launch in that video, you made a mistake.

TO EVERYONE WANTING TO PRACTICE STARTS, it is HIGHLY recommended that you practice on an actual start of the race, especially in cars that start like the Supra, where rpms drop if it’s not right. If you practice in time trial or practice it’s just not going to be the same.

Secret to Supra..
50-60% throttle, while holding handbrake, when you let the button out instant full throttle, get rear tires spinning and use your foot to keep the car moving forward with minimal spin, but yet out of the “bogging” threshold. This WILL, cause you to lose atleast 1 position.
Last week I timed the light soooo perfect, it was like a .000 reaction time, yet Sam was still next to me at the first turn I think.
This week, I was a little behind but the car did bog a little. Supra sucks to start, but is a beast on track.
I always secretly do practice starts at the pit exit on practice or grid after qualifying. But I could never attain a good start and maintain the position on the long run due to the punishing effects of aggressive tire wear.

Yep! I did try braking before the 100m mark, around 120 (that's my T1 reference) and cruise into the turn at about 110km/h (70mph ish?), and then brake again into T2 to save my brake temps.
But it only works well when I have optimal grip and tire temps, otherwise I'd end up in the grass like it did happened.

I always secretly do practice starts at the pit exit on practice or grid after qualifying. But I could never attain a good start and maintain the position on the long run due to the punishing effects of aggressive tire wear.
There is a trick to starting the ford gt that works every time.

CDEFE1C8-A77D-4A34-A40C-0FD1213D8F4C.jpeg

UPCOMING RACE

11/19
Week 6
Gr.4
12:00 Fine Weather
Grid Start
Tire Wear - 4x
Fuel Wear - 3x

Confirmations are open, you have until Tuesday, 11/19, at 8:00pm Eastern to confirm. To confirm simply click HERE and reply with Confirming.

There is a trick to starting the ford gt that works every time.
Hahaha! I heard that line from one of the live stream replays.

Could it be something to do with the supercharger and redline? I know it goes into anti-stall at the start if I release the throttle below 25km/h unless I give it a lot of gas to keep it spinning and get even more wheelspin.

I was just wanted to let you everyone know that there was no incidents filed from last week. Also for the first time in the season we have had to have a restart due to multiple people getting damage off of the line. They were a multiple people in the back that were very slow.

I would to thank everybody in lobby B for a quick restart.

NOT FAMILIAR WITH SPA?? JOIN US TOMORROW NIGHT!!

A159D5F9-E632-42FB-9CD4-15B9B9200C2A.jpeg

UPCOMING RACE

11/19
Week 6
Gr.4
12:00 Fine Weather
Grid Start
Tire Wear - 4x
Fuel Wear - 3x

Confirmations are open, you have until Tuesday, 11/19, at 8:00pm Eastern to confirm. To confirm simply click HERE and reply with Confirming.

I was just wanted to let you everyone know that there was no incidents filed from last week. Also for the first time in the season we have had to have a restart due to multiple people getting damage off of the line. They were a multiple people in the back that were very slow.

I would to thank everybody in lobby B for a quick restart.

Yeah seriously, whoever had that false start needs to learn to keep his foot on the brake pedal.

very smart but you don't have to stress about brake temps in this game at all. NOW if we were on project cars 2 or some other game it would be a thing to worry about.
Hahaha yes! I always get paranoid over tire and brake temps in this game. I guess I was too used to complex simulation games and got too carried.

Either way I prefer to cruise a little into corners to ensure stability of the car before executing another maneuver, especially the front end.

Yeah seriously, whoever had that false start needs to learn to keep his foot on the brake pedal.
Perhaps throw the offender with an additional drive through on top of the timed penalty!

Hahaha yes! I always get paranoid over tire and brake temps in this game. I guess I was too used to complex simulation games and got too carried.

Either way I prefer to cruise a little into corners to ensure stability of the car before executing another maneuver, especially the front end.

Perhaps throw the offender with an additional drive through on top of the timed penalty!

Yeah, really make him pay!

Hey all, just as a courtesy to all of you, I will not be racing the rest if the season for gr3 league. I am going to try my damndest to come back maybe next season and attempt to compete! I appreciate everything that @Jw_wk1010 and @Neutty have taught me and the time they took to do it. Thanks for everything, this a fantastic group of people, and am grateful to have been a part of it! Cheers!
Bummer man just saw this hope everything is well and know you've got a spot anytime you want to race

You’re definitely top 10 if not top 5 material @Rinsky

Now your just being to nice. If I had not missed last weeks race I might have been 10th.
I'm actually surprised its even that high seeing how many people are in this league.
But there is no way I'm a top 5 driver. There are some extremely fast and talented people in ARL. It's just one of many reasons I have always liked racing with ARL because you don't get better if your not challenging yourself.

School will be in session this Thursday, the 21st, 8:30-10:30pm EST. I will have a lobby up for the wildcard.

We will work with whoever is interested. There will be a party chat that you can join. I ask that you enter it, whether you have a mic or not, so I can talk with you as you go around the track.

If you are interested, please state your intentions. I would like to do one-on-ones, but if there are more, that’s okay too.

**if you need a time later than 10:30 est, please let me know.

Click HERE to sign up.

Back