GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Phenomenal race today! Congratulations to the Bronze winner, Guido, who managed to take the top step of the podium despite an early crash during the battle for lead. I thought your race was badly ruined until you played your pit strategy right.

Huge shame for me and my team mate Infineon, we clashed into the chicane early in while putting our team strategy on the stake. (cues the Ferraris crashing together in Brazil GP last year) That cost us potentially 2 podium spots, though he made his way up to 4th to make the flag while I struggled later on and fell back to 7th. I had to decide between a 2-stop or 3-stop strategy to evenly play out my tire management, which I took the former to best keep my pace consistent.

The start was a shaky one, as it's my first time driving a Gr.1 machine on raw traction. I felt bad when Cornbread got too conservative beside me through the start and he darted into the gravel by mistake.

Managed to grab the lead for a few laps with my teammate close behind and matching pace, and we were pulling away from the pack and keeping as much speed through the corners.
Some mid-race battle between some racers put us at the limit and I made a lot of bad mistakes, including spinning out at the chicane and flying into the gravel.

My last part of the race was a rather tickling one where I broke my rear wing in a fight and lost about 7 mph per lap down the straight. It was a real pain and shame that some of the decent ones fell behind due to crashes and spins.

Ultimately, it was really a fun combination since everyone's had their woes painting the walls, and some were spot on with their strategy and drive.

Last edited:
All right sports fans, results from Wildcard Race #1 are in and finalized. Congrats to Silver division winner @Moby45 (ringer!) and our Bronze division winner @GTP_Guido. Well done gentlemen. It was a fun combo. The data book will be updated a little later today.
Thank you to all that came out and raced last night.

Race 4 Results:

GR3RESULTS.jpg

The worksheet:
GR3WS.jpg

Driver Division Points:
GR3POINTS.jpg

Team Points:
GR3TEAMS.jpg

Last edited:
And I gave up 5th with two laps to go....DOH!
I saw you spinning out into the chicane after gaining on me for 7 laps while I was having rear wing damage. It was truly disheartening, but respectable that you carried all the way back to the flag.

Though I had fun defending from you guys down the corners, bloody brutal and knocking hard to my slow pace. I had to force myself to tiptoe while carrying the extra speed till I ran out of ERS battery charge in some situations.

Yeah I threw away a win on the last lap lol

That is so weird. My screen showed that I passed you for 2nd place. Lol

Ok, well I will take my unexpected victory.

@BGCaligula was fast all night. I was sad to see his disconnect. Was rooting for his win in the back of the field. I would have been up there battling you guys but had early race damage that I had to pit for.

I gave away 5th place with 2 laps to go coming out of the chicane. Spun, went into the gravel and 10 seconds later I’m in 7th 1 lap down. Would have been my best finish in several seasons. Oh well....overall I really enjoyed the combo. On to the next one....

I was kinda happy to pass you on the final lap, then I realized it didn't matter.... So consolation prize, you still beat me.

That is so weird. My screen showed that I passed you for 2nd place. Lol

Ok, well I will take my unexpected victory.

@BGCaligula was fast all night. I was sad to see his disconnect. Was rooting for his win in the back of the field. I would have been up there battling you guys but had early race damage that I had to pit for.

Well u didn't know noir wasn't racing for points thats why I quit chasing him with like ten to go lol i am really happy for you though man.

Huge congratulations to @Moby45 & @GTP_Guido on their respective class victories! We'll done gents.

Dude that sucks you were hauling !!!!!
Just a bit of rotten luck lately. Gotta stay positive. I'll shake it!
:cheers:

I was kinda happy to pass you on the final lap, then I realized it didn't matter.... So consolation prize, you still beat me.
You were good too, though shame we had cut short our battle for the lead. Hats off to you for keeping your head down and cool to the chequered flag.

Hope we could get a decent fight next race! Having a much closer action and little room for mistakes definitely got me hungrier for more.

Thanks, and congrats on the Silver Division win. :cheers:

Thanks. Pit "strategy" helped. I went all the way to the back on lap 3 I believe. It was a long race but just stayed patient. After getting damage early in the race I was actually just trying to make a top 5 finish and be happy with that.

Great racing was bummed that I got excited and didn’t refuel enough on my last pit stop so I had to go to fuel map six for an entire 2 laps just to make it which cost me the lead after PA had the accident. Either way our team Bulls and Arrows is killing it in points good to see Guido finish first. Great fun.

Back