27.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 5C2615AD-8B87-43EC-AAF7-873A9D7D4B53.jpeg
    5C2615AD-8B87-43EC-AAF7-873A9D7D4B53.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B3C4DDD0-7AB1-4444-B43B-5052D1FE4777.jpeg
    B3C4DDD0-7AB1-4444-B43B-5052D1FE4777.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 10
A little bit of news for everyone.

This will be my last season as series organizer for Wednesday nights. I may be back in the future, but after a year of racing every Wednesday night my heart just isn't in it anymore and I feel I need a break.

Wednesday night racing will still continue in my absence and I will still be an active member or the ARL BoD. I will probably still jump in for a race or two here and there, but my main focus will be on Saturday nights.

Thanks for making this one of the most popular series on GTPlanet!

A little bit of news for everyone.

This will be my last season as series organizer for Wednesday nights. I may be back in the future, but after a year of racing every Wednesday night my heart just isn't in it anymore and I feel I need a break.

Wednesday night racing will still continue in my absence and I will still be an active member or the ARL BoD. I will probably still jump in for a race or two here and there, but my main focus will be on Saturday nights.

Thanks for making this one of the most popular series on GTPlanet!

BOOOOOOOO!!!! Stay on Wednesdays! Lol

Also, I will not be here this Wednesday. Probably be the only race I miss this seaasonasesss.

Just some thoughts about racing on ovals in this league: The method of starting makes perfect sense, once you understand the process. At North Isle I had no clue how this process looked, and there I was on pole (pace setter for lap one). I did not do a good job. No apology, just sympathy for those in the back who got left way behind at the start. In my second time on the front row (pole again), I kinda knew what to do, but I think @Camaro DR, who was beside me, was very unclear on the process, so again the start was quite ragged. I would like to see some sort of group warm-up/practice before Wednesday's race, maybe, just before racing starts. Have a number of pace laps at 130 mph (210 km/h for the rest of the world), maybe change up who is the pace setter, go over how to get the strung out rolling start of the game into a tight formation for ARL's start. Another cause of car to car interaction is going waaay too slow into a corner causing big problems for those following. I have been the cause of this on occasion. Anybody willing to post an in-car replay so us beginners can get an idea of what a reasonable speed is in the corners. I'm nervous going into turn 1 where brakes might actually be involved...and a gear change!

It’s a 100mph formation lap at the moon. Should be able to take all turns at 100 there, I am normally at least above 110 through turn one. The best thing you can do from now til then is make a lobby at blue moon or even at time trial and just go around the track staying as close to 100 as you can just focus on holding a constant line (aka pick the bottom line and just make laps at 100 and work on staying as close to the yellow line at the transition from track to apron without going the apron). If the first few rows can hold a good speed and line, the rest should fall into place at the back of the pack.

It’s a 100mph formation lap at the moon. Should be able to take all turns at 100 there, I am normally at least above 110 through turn one. The best thing you can do from now til then is make a lobby at blue moon or even at time trial and just go around the track staying as close to 100 as you can just focus on holding a constant line (aka pick the bottom line and just make laps at 100 and work on staying as close to the yellow line at the transition from track to apron without going the apron). If the first few rows can hold a good speed and line, the rest should fall into place at the back of the pack.
I stand corrected: 160 km/h at Blue Moon. It's easy to do this on your own, more of a challenge in a crowd.
I'll make a video.
thanks @PApunk924 .

@PApunk924 thanks for your work! first league series ive enjoyed with this game!!! its been a while since ive been able to stick with one and i think you and the ARL team has really been a great place for solid fun racing... serious racing.. but not serious racers... love the mix. heres to knocking you off track a few more times!!!!

Gonna open up a practice lobby for a lil while right now for gr4 if anybody is not adulting right now. Lol And would like to join me.

Back