ARL Wednesday Nights - Gr4 Championship

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 7,278 comments
I didn't realize fuel was going to be an issue until 3 laps in of the first race or else I would've ran out. I dont remember tire and fuel wear being so high in previous seasons so that came as a nice surprise. I think it's a good change.

Some takeaways from last night that may help some of you in the future:

I noticed a few people having to pit and was worried for a second that pit stops were mandatory. But once I saw moby hadn't pitted entering the final lap of R1, I knew I was ok.

You're going to lose a lot of time having to pit while everyone else stays out. Shifting at 1/2 or 3/4 rpms for the majority of the race should get to the checkered. Once I realized half way through R1 I needed to save, I started short shifting without needing to adjust the fuel map and made it home.

R2 I experimented with how much fuel is burned in 1 lap. I'd make a mental note of what my fuel percentage was when I began the lap and then I would shift at 60% for the entire lap and figured how much fuel I burned. It seemed like shifting at 60% versus max revs saved about 6-7%.

Turn your tire sound effects up. With the accelerated tire wear you're not going to have any rubber left if you drive 100% the entire time. Listen to the tire squeals. Take smooth lines and avoid abrupt steering inputs and sharp angles in turns.

Go easy on your qually outlap while burning as much fuel as possible to lighten the car. Ideally your "flying lap" should have just enough fuel for 1 lap and tires should be close to 100% and up to temperature. I ran a 2:17.6 in the practice lobby while crossing the line at 1% fuel and plenty of tire left.

The man takes a sabbatical and comes in like he’s been racing the entire time...... what’s the alt account @SAMHAIN85

20191017_090629.jpg

It was nice to race with you guys again. I look forward to the next one down the road.

I didn't realize fuel was going to be an issue until 3 laps in of the first race or else I would've ran out. I dont remember tire and fuel wear being so high in previous seasons so that came as a nice surprise. I think it's a good change.

I noticed a few people having to pit and was worried for a second that pit stops were mandatory. But once I saw moby hadn't pitted entering the final lap of R1, I knew I was ok.

You're going to lose a lot of time having to pit while everyone else stays out. Shifting at 1/2 or 3/4 rpms for the majority of the race should get to the checkered. Once I realized half way through R1 I needed to save, I started short shifting without needing to adjust the fuel map and made it home.

R2 I experimented with how much fuel is burned in 1 lap. I'd make a mental note of what my fuel percentage was when I began the lap and then I would shift at 60% for the entire lap and figured how much fuel I burned. It seemed like shifting at 60% versus max revs saved about 6-7%.

Turn your tire sound effects up. With the accelerated tire wear you're not going to have any rubber left if you drive 100% the entire time. Listen to the tire squeals. Take smooth lines and avoid abrupt steering inputs and sharp angles in turns.

Go easy on your qually outlap while burning as much fuel as possible to lighten the car. Ideally your "flying lap" should have just enough fuel for 1 lap and tires should be close to 100% and up to temperature. I ran a 2:17.6 in the practice lobby while crossing the line at 1% fuel and plenty of tire left.

View attachment 858268

It was nice to race with you guys again. I look forward to the next one down the road.
Legit!

View attachment 858268

The porsche does well on fuel. If I go full out the entire race I can finish with 1% in the tank.

But the tires going away quickly keeps me from going full out the whole race lol.

To repeat what Sam said. Saving tires come down to making smooth steering inputs(sometimes less steering angle too). I struggle with that at times being I have always been able to feel a cars grip which you can't do in the virtual world. So I tend to drive aggressively for the tires.

View attachment 858268

Very true!.....Hop in anytime man you know we always got a grid spot for ya

View attachment 858268

You’re more than welcome to join us anytime, any day

View attachment 858268

Great info there. Also remember that smooth is fast!! Using all those tips to be a smooth driver will help with tire fuel usage but also keep you fast. As soon as I can apply known knowledge maybe I’ll get up there.

View attachment 858268

Dude thanks for the info!

COD NIGHT.

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN COD MODERN WARFARE REMASTERED TONIGHT 930-10EST START

IF U WOULD LIKE TO JOIN IN SEND ME A PM OR INVITE AND ILL BE SURE TO SEND AN INVITE.

COME SHOOT AND BLOW UP FOR FAVORITE DRIVERS AND BOD MEMBERS.

BYOB OR IF UR @Mrs Neutty your favorite juice box kick back and have a great time.

RACE-DAY CONFIRMATION FOR WEEK 3 IS NOW OPEN.
Below is a list of drivers that have an auto-confirm pending (green highlight), have already stated their intention to race (blue) or confirmed as tentative (grey) to race this Wednesday, 10/23/19.
Confirmation will close at 7:00PM (EST) Wednesday evening, 10/23/19.
***NOTE***If you have an auto-confirm pending, or have previously confirmed, but will not be able to race, that statement must be made in this thread.

gr4 grid.jpg

48826BE0-4025-4F6B-95DA-286FB834A912.jpeg

UPCOMING RACE

10/22
Week 2
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C
Gr.X (Super Formula 19)
15:10 Fine Weather
Grid Start
Tire Wear - 4x
Fuel Wear - 4x

Click HERE and reply to confirm. Confirmations close tomorrow night, (10/22) at 8:00pm Eastern.

Back