American Racing League (ARL) Knockout Challenge - New Years Eve

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 94 comments
United States
Dallas,TX
ARL_TexasJDC
ARL Blue.jpg

ARL New Year’s Eve Knockout Challenge

Let's end the year with a bang ARL style! We always like to do something different for holidays and for new years eve we are planning a 16 driver knockout DIRTY race. This is similar to a race @SAMHAIN85 runs with snail and anyone who has ran one of his survivor series races can tell you how much fun they are. We are gonna add our usual unorthodox twist to this and up the stakes a little bit by making this a dirty knockout race ran in the rain at Tokyo Expressway. This is planned for 1 lobby so the first 16 to confirm in the thread will have a spot locked down but we will also have a reserve list for anyone who may be available to fill in incase drivers who locked in a spot are unable to race.

Btw there is a bounty on said birthday boy the first driver to successfully "pit" him will be given a second chance. Meaning once that driver is eliminated they will be allowed a one time opportunity to rejoin the following race Texas has no idea this is here so it should be quite commical.

The way this will work is that we will start with 16 drivers on the grid, each race will be a sprint race with no tire wear, no fuel consumption, no damage, full boost and slipstream. After the first race the grid will be reverse grid for the rest of the night. Each round the driver in last place will be eliminated, until we get to the final 2 drivers who will then race head to head for the overall winner but with another added plot twist: the final two drivers will start on grid spots 15 &16 and have to fight their up the field past all the cars that have been eliminated to get the crown (if neither driver makes it to the top spot it will be based off of highest finishing position between the two.) the last race will be double the laps. As always dirty racing is not only encouraged but also required lol, any driver who hits another driver into the pits during the race will be awarded pole position in the following race.

Toyota_GR_Supra_RZ_'19.jpg

Car: N300 GR Supra RZ '19
Cc: 100,00
HP: 335
Lbs: 3,351
Tires: Heavy Wets

Track: Tokyo Expressway - Central Inner Loop
Time: Twilight 18:00 Rain
Laps: 4

Lobby opens: 8 pm central
1st race: 8:30 pm

Drivers List

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign me up.

The only issue I could see happening is with the finals format:

until we get to the final 2 drivers who will then race head to head for the overall winner but with another added plot twist: the final two drivers will start on grid spots 15 &16 and have to fight their up the field past all the cars that have been eliminated to get the crown

It's a cool idea, but I think it might pose a problem for one of the finalists if they get gang banged by an alliance of cars. For example, if Mrs Neutty and jw are the finalists, you can be sure I'd make jw's life a living hell in the finals race. Add a few more people to the mix and theres a good chance he gets "pinned" and can no longer move. Especially on a track like Tokyo.

Maybe the highest finisher in the finals race (besides the two finalists) takes 3rd place overall. That might help keep the race a complete free for all where theres incentive to win, rather than just targeting 1 car the whole time and not caring where you finish.

Throwing in prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd might help with that as well. I'm happy to donate.

Sign me up.

It's a cool idea, but I think it might pose a problem for one of the finalists if they get gang banged by an alliance of cars. For example, if Mrs Neutty and jw are the finalists, you can be sure I'd make jw's life a living hell in the finals race. Add a few more people to the mix and theres a good chance he gets "pinned" and can no longer move. Especially on a track like Tokyo.

Maybe the highest finisher in the finals race (besides the two finalists) takes 3rd place overall. That might help keep the race a complete free for all where theres incentive to win, rather than just targeting 1 car the whole time and not caring where you finish.

Throwing in prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd might help with that as well. I'm happy to donate.

Lmao I love how I'm always the example for being in ****** situations lmao but I would do the same to you so I get it what about modify a bit and the top two select teams for a cat and mouse style finale

Sign me up.

Great suggestions man I'll look into it tonight after the Miata series

Lol bringing out the tequila tomorrow night
You and tequila. Last time you said you would never do that again.

I just got home from liquor store. Bring it sisters. We will all get DUI’s together.

Latest Posts

Back