American Truck Simulator (Nebraska is next)

• Thread starter yzfmike
  • 199 comments

What are you most excited about with American Truck Simulator?

• Trucks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • The open highway

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Mods

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Get me the game already!!!!!111!!!1!

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
S far unsure hw easy it will be. So far it seems that creating a mod folder, and drop may jsut work, but unsure still.

S far unsure hw easy it will be. So far it seems that creating a mod folder, and drop may jsut work, but unsure still.

So, chatting to the guy who makes the awesome sounds earlier this day, and he' got some other modder friends who already transferred ATS trucks into ETS2 for testing purposes. He said that other than a couple of gauges not properly synced, it took them about 15 minutes. So at least we know that vanilla trucks are pretty much interchangeable between games.

Look at this:

90BB0F21E8B86843767003147C7BA245F6DAC31D

But don't say a thing! :D

Post about reviews so far: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/hype-machine.html

Hype Machine

The Internet is really waking up to American Truck Simulator, with first in-depth reviews, videos and streams. So far it looks like we are doing great!
  • 8.5/10 from Destructoid - "A memorable game that's hard not to like and recommend to others." also "With two trucks and two included states, and another one on its way, American Truck Simulator is an investment into the series' future, but it's not a steep one and easily earns its value with what is already presented."
  • 8.0/10 from PC Gamer - "This is a polished, strangely enjoyable simulator that you can easily lose hours to"
  • 8.5/10 from Gamepressure/Gry-Online - "This is the best simulator ever"
Here is a bunch of search links to let you see what is happening live with the game at the moment on Twitch, Youtube or Hitbox.

We have selected a bunch of note-worthy funny, interesting and useful videos for your viewing pleasure.

See, that's why we alternate places for trailer drop-off!

Review and guide for English speaking players

We cannot forget about our Brazilian community

Let's play by French YouTuber - Galax

First Impressions from Keralis over in Sweden

If you are still eager to learn more, don't forget about today's live interview with SCS Software's Pavel Sebor! We understand that Squirrel has assembled a long list of questions from fans about the past, current and future of both American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. Set your alarm clock to 8 pm CET, 7 pm UK time, that's 2 pm on the US East Coast and 11 am in California.
Posted by Piotr Łuciuk at 1/31/2016 05:54:00 PM

Really looking forward to the game, Squirrel played ATS over the weekend and I really liked what I saw. Not that it's any different from ETS2, but that also means that the game will run well.

Both states are very detailed, so are the trucks. The game has a couple of new features to set itself apart from ETS2, which'll be a welcome change for the people who like more of a challenge (hint: Parking). Arizona is on it's way as a free DLC and more trucks will be added as soon as the licensing issues are resolved.

So this what I have learned from mods:

Simply modify the def files for dealers to reflect ATS. My PC is down, so I cant make a guide. Of course there is two choices but should be easy to have all trucks from ETS2 in ATS. I am unsure but I would not be surprised that ATS will have the default of 8 truck slots per dealer. Benz the exception. Now a large reminder is that only models that are standalone will function for the time. Any mods that have multi trailers and the such, may need some deep work or the modders will update for ATS. The custom 200 ton Cat load I have, will be available as soon as my PC is up and running.

I'm impressed that it requires the same specs as ETS2. I really need a job right now.

Well, I didn't know that..

Well, now you know :D

Anyways, played for a couple of hours now and I really, really like it. The map detail is excellent and good enough to feel very different from ETS2. Anyways, I'm currently trying to save up for the Pete, I just like it a little more than the Kenny.

If it's one thing I learned today it's I can't park trailers anymore.

This is what happens when you don't play for a while. The radio stations are so good. I'm on one of the jazz stations now and it's just so chill and mellow. :D

If it's one thing I learned today it's I can't park trailers anymore.

This is what happens when you don't play for a while. The radio stations are so good. I'm on one of the jazz stations now and it's just so chill and mellow. :D

I tried parking on my first job, but man... it is HARD. They choose the worst places to park in order to get that extra bonus.

Great scenery , won't feel stupid driving a pimped pete 379 down the highway now ! Some good radio stations too , only played for 90 minutes but already had some "classic truck sim moments". You know when a great song comes on , the sun is setting and there's a beautiful coastline to your left. :)

I enjoy the parking challenges. So far none have been ridiculously difficult , like some of the old Poland rebuilding ones haha. Bring it on !

Great scenery , won't feel stupid driving a pimped pete 379 down the highway now ! Some good radio stations too , only played for 90 minutes but already had some "classic truck sim moments". You know when a great song comes on , the sun is setting and there's a beautiful coastline to your left. :)

I enjoy the parking challenges. So far none have been ridiculously difficult , like some of the old Poland rebuilding ones haha. Bring it on !

Me too, I was driving from Bakersfield to Tonopah and I tuned into a Country/Rock/Blues station and they've played Johnny Cash's "Further On Up the Road" as I was driving through the desert. Couldn't have asked for a better combination, it was quite literally... perfect.

First time Truck Simulator player here. After trying to maneuver the truck to park. I've gotta say, I have a lot more respect to truck drivers (not that I don't have) now.

Back