American Truck Simulator (Nebraska is next)

• Thread starter yzfmike
  • 199 comments

What are you most excited about with American Truck Simulator?

• Trucks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • The open highway

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Mods

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Get me the game already!!!!!111!!!1!

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
I probably spent an hour customizing my 389.

I was so wiped out I now realize this doesn't really... contribute anything. :lol:

ats_00001.png

On the road again, and would you look at that wing! I had to get rid of the visor I had prior to this as it pooped on visibility.

Got the game today.

Shortly after starting, I was in the negative. Luckily, the job I was doing paid $2000, so I was quickly back up again. Can't wait to see some good mods! :D

Oh yeah. so after a while getting to adjust all the settings and stuff to my liking, I'm finally settled. I am very pleased with this game overall. Not only does it have a few options that were a wonderful surprise, such as the EF transmissions with correct pattern (saved me a headache of modifying the sii files like I had to do in ETS2), the toggle jake-brake (finally!) among others, but I'm also surprised how good this game looks. It could be that I was used to the pre-fabricated highways from ETS2, but I swear this game looks a lot better. Not only that, but it runs smoother even at higher settings and while recording.

I love the map so far! The parking challenges are very pleasing as well, since y9u get a ton of XP if you do the tougher ones. Some are easy enough, but some are just insane.

Here's my first two videos of ATS. My first successful job! My friend Kriechbaum was kind enough to share a sound fix he quickly did for the base trucks. It's an adaptation of the sounds he did for the Peterbilt 387. It is a huge improvement over the terrible sounds that the game has as of now, and a prelude of the amazing sounds and other mods that are to come.

I'm in love with the game. Driving down the road of Nevada with Johnny Cash on the radio with the Kenny, it's just fantastic!

I cannot wait for the expansion packs that SCS bring out and hopefully (!) ProMods will join the band wagon and expand the map. I want to do the Coast-to-Coast tour with 22t of whatever :lol:

I'm in love with the game. Driving down the road of Nevada with Johnny Cash on the radio with the Kenny, it's just fantastic!

I cannot wait for the expansion packs that SCS bring out and hopefully (!) ProMods will join the band wagon and expand the map. I want to do the Coast-to-Coast tour with 200t of whatever :lol:

FIFY

Beautiful experience indeed! Driving through Nevada is something else

ats_00004.png

ats_00005.png

I finally got a decent truck. This was my last trip in this 579. I got the 389 now! (I owe the bank almost 200,000k :lol:)

Another trip video. Not the last one, but one that I enjoyed a lot. the parking challenge was something else!

Finally got one of my old favorite ETS2 mods in ATS. Not really one of my top favorites, but much better than driving the vanilla trucks.
ats_00007.png

ats_00008.png

These tight shortcuts are so much fun to drive through:
ats_00009.png

3D0F4C2093564039BBECFBF2DB096F0B7F48CEA4

He passes me, and no fine. I pass him, and I got a ticket........ Yes I am nearly 20 over, and I did not get a ticket till later on.

000000000018425A.jpg

Some classic rock on the radio as you drive off into the sunset, SCS really nailed the feeling I must say.
The sunrises and sunsets are really beautiful!

Downloaded mine through Steam.. but I have no Mod folder. What to do about this? :(
Mod folder should be in 'documents' in the 'American Truck Simulator' folder. If it's not I'm sure you can just create a folder called 'Mod' and it should work.

Cheers mate, didn't have it so yeah I created one called mod. Now to wait for some decent mods. Shouldn't take long for the W900A to be converted from ETS2. =D

Cheers mate, didn't have it so yeah I created one called mod. Now to wait for some decent mods. Shouldn't take long for the W900A to be converted from ETS2. =D
No problem. I've already found a few decent mods over at the official forums. Some of the really simple ones such as the traffic mods that add real logos to the cars or the mod that adds the real gas station logos. You should check them out.

My only real complaint with this game is the payouts. They are WAY too high. I am averaging over $60k a week by myself. If I drove 50 weeks a year Id make 3 million a year. Sounds great, but I don't think that's even close to reality. Maybe $200k a year would be closer to reality, but still way above the average trucker pay, even for a owner.

ats_00019.png
Playing ATS when suddenly I spotted National Lampoon's car. Only Level 6 at the moment, trying to save for my first truck. :)

If the economy works like in ETS2 - and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't - I personally prefer to make quick jobs until I get enough money to buy a truck from that alone rather than taking a loan. Loans always ends up in me having nothing left for some reason. :lol:

Had a lovely evening of trucking again.

2016-02-08_00004.jpg

Got spotted by traffic cams

2016-02-08_00012.jpg

2016-02-08_00013.jpg

And took the scenic route

2016-02-08_00039.jpg

2016-02-08_00040.jpg

I can't believe this thing is vanilla :embarrassed: This tanker is insane! Looks beautiful being pulled by the 389! Kudos to Kriechbaum for the updated Cummins 👍

ats_00011.png

The biggest surprise is that you have to deliver this to a gas station. Choosing the extra challenging parking can be quite difficult since you have no choice but to block traffic while you jackknife it in reverse. I wish I could've recorded this gameplay, but I usually don't play on work days :lol:

Back