American Truck Simulator (Nebraska is next)

• Thread starter yzfmike
  • 199 comments

What are you most excited about with American Truck Simulator?

• Trucks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • The open highway

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Mods

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Get me the game already!!!!!111!!!1!

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
When I tried to play with Inspector, I went down to 17fps... I deleted it and will figure it out. I appreciate the help though.
With 100% scaling selected in game ?
I'm assuming you have a decent processor as well ? Something is not right. I get 45 - 60 fps with those settings on a single gpu and an old i5 2500 processor.

With 100% scaling selected in game ?
I'm assuming you have a decent processor as well ? Something is not right. I get 45 - 60 fps with those settings on a single gpu and an old i5 2500 processor.
I have an Intel 4690k, yes with only 100% scale, it was rough. My inspector looked different and I think that it quit reading both cards. Oddly, ets2 loads up at all highs and 400%, aND I manage mostly 60fps.

I think ats is poorly optimized, there is a lot of lines that look wonky. I'll see if the next update fixes stuff.

For those too tl/dr to click on @Davidies link:

Thursday, February 25, 2016
Steam Workshop support coming!

Greetings truckers!

We are working now on update 1.23 for ETS2, and 1.2 for ATS. One of the major features coming with the updates is support for Steam Workshop. This feature is a really long time coming, considering that all of our projects always were popular for user modifications.

Right now our Workshop is still in limited testing. Some of our testers are passionate modders in their own. Even during testing there are already some cool mods appearing. Here is how the page looks right now:

We are looking forward to the public beta where the community for both games will be able to evaluate and test the current implementation.

The ease of use of Steam Workshop is fascinating - you just choose the mod, press the "Subscribe" button, and the mod will be automatically downloaded and appear in your in-game mod manager. The Steam client will take care of automatic updates of the mod in the event that the creator of the mod releases a new version. What is more, if you decide to switch between computers or to reinstall your OS, all the mods will be downloaded in each new installation automatically without any need to create backups.

Each player will be able to rate any mod, so high quality mods should quickly rise to the top. You will be able to sort mods by rank, popularity, or browse the most recent ones.

There's more for mod authors

In order to ship your mod you will need to download SCS Workshop Uploader - a free standalone Steam application we have created just for this purpose. This is what the tool looks like:

Alongside the Uploader tool, we are also preparing our own Wiki dedicated entirely to mod creation process.

The goal is to have a place where everybody interested in modding SCS games will find all the info needed. It should be the ultimate source covering all areas of official SCS modding tools, their documentation and tutorials, things like for example advice on how to adapt the mods to the newest game version. The Wiki will also provide additional information about our game engine and its possible configuration options.

It will most likely still take us a couple of weeks before we reach this stage, but we are looking forward to seeing you in the upcoming open beta for ETS2 and ATS to sample the new mod support! Posted by Piotr Łuciuk at 2/25/2016 04:40:00 PM

*Edit top line so it was so stupid sounding*

Last edited:
I run a 750ti, High settings and it keeps at a solid 60fps. Only the pete 389 drops my frames in cities at around 30 to 40fps. Always had that happen in ETS2 with this particular truck.

My inspector looked different......

You need to select the settings you want in Inspector , that's the purpose of it. For fine tuning graphics settings for a particular game.
Start at the top , when you open it it will say Global settings. Click on that and start typing "American Truck Simulator". Select that and it will only change the settings for that game. (If you make changes in "Global" , it will affect everything.

On the line: Antialiasing compatibility , highlight the value and type in the code , in my case: 0x000010C1

For all the other settings , clicking on the settings value will open a drop down menu.
Example: Antialiasing - mode: Override any application setting

That's why I posted a screenshot of my Inspector settings , so you have a baseline to start with. Your PC should run ATS really well with my Inspector and in game settings combined. You may possibly get better performance with the AA compatibility settings that were posted in the link to the SCS thread too , depends on your GPU and driver version.

Some other AA compatibility values to try:
0x004010C1
0x004012C1
0x080010C1
0x084012C1

You need to have 100% scaling selected in game for these to work sucessfully.

Don't give up yet ! Good luck.

So with the newest update, it borks out quite a few items. Specifically, any kind of traffic mod regardless if its truck crane or car, will break the game. Any wheel mod and I mean any will also break it. So removing all of these will allow you to operate. This also goes for ETS2.

Funny question.. who has tried to play ATS after a few drinks? Its quite interesting. Everything you thought you knew about driving a big rig goes out the window after several drinks. Bit of fun, just for laughs.

Funny question.. who has tried to play ATS after a few drinks? Its quite interesting. Everything you thought you knew about driving a big rig goes out the window after several drinks. Bit of fun, just for laughs.
A few years back with ETS and with GT5.

Oh, we also need a new truck in the game, too! I'm not digging the Lonestar, but I would be okay with that as well since it's modeled with the same technology as the Next Gen Scania S&R.

Thread is still going. Sadly after several major updates, the mods I use break the game, and I have to reset back to zero :(. I have had to do this several times, same for ETS2. I still run the Vipre 389. Yes this is the first time I have logged in years.......

Had a drive with the new Lonestar last night. Not a bad truck, however it's just awkward to look at from the outside. I'm hoping at some point they'll get the licensing for the new Freightliner Cascadia :)

Ya the Lonestar is goofy looking and I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of customizations you can do to it.

Also, booting up the game for the first time in a while I got the Utah DLC to see what it was like. It's really weird how accurate it is, I mean in SLC they have the copyright-free version of a big haunted house you can see from the freeway. There are also Mormon temples in nearly every city too, which made me laugh. They missed the mark on the drivers though, no one runs red lights or makes right-hand turns from the left lane. The AI still can't merge though, so at least that's realistic. :lol:

Idaho is next up for map expansions.

Screenshot_2019-12-24-11-37-56.png

It seems Mack is coming!

The bulldog is pretty obvious, granted the one in the video is a Frenchie while the actual mascot is an English bulldog. It's also a legend that the original mascot/hood ornament was carved from a bar of soap.

They also confirmed that Colorado is after Idaho.

I just started playing this again but this time trying with a wheel and H-pattern shifter. I can't see myself going back to a controller again :lol:

Back