American Truck Simulator (Nebraska is next)

• Thread starter yzfmike
  • 199 comments

What are you most excited about with American Truck Simulator?

• Trucks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • The open highway

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Mods

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Get me the game already!!!!!111!!!1!

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
ats_00002.png

ats_00003.png

ats_00004.png

If the economy works like in ETS2 - and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't - I personally prefer to make quick jobs until I get enough money to buy a truck from that alone rather than taking a loan. Loans always ends up in me having nothing left for some reason. :lol:
I average well over $60k a week with my own truck, the payment on $100k is $1800 a day. I don't think its possible to run out of money. Hell by the time I was level 5 I could borrow 500k, there wasn't even 500k worth of stuff I could buy. :lol:

Don't get me wrong I love the game a lot. Play it a lot. I just think that the pay is WAY too high. You can make over 3 million a year as a loan driver. :odd: I don't think that's simulating anything close to reality.

Anyone using the free/cheap headtracking devices with this game? It's completely unfamiliar territory for me. Anyone have a link to a good tutorial or two regarding ATS and head tracking?

So I finally got myself a truck, all paid for in cash so no debt. :) View attachment 512761

That is a lot of grinding! The in-game trucks aren't cheap. I owe the bank 300,000, only have one company, one employee and two trucks. So far I have around 12,000 in the bank, make between 4k and 7k, minus 6,000 which are withdrawn for the loan.

This game has turned into "The Real Financial Stress Simulator" :lol:

Anyone using the free/cheap headtracking devices with this game? It's completely unfamiliar territory for me. Anyone have a link to a good tutorial or two regarding ATS and head tracking?
Even though I don't own ATS yet, I suspect FaceTrackNoIR to work as well as it does with ETS2. It's free (and open source if I remember correctly) so in theory all you'll need is a standard webcam if you choose to use FaceAPI like me, and some will to tinker with the settings. All in all, I think it's worth it and FTNIR tracks with a very high accuracy for me. :D:tup:

Some people (I included) had an issue right from the get go with ATS. graphically it was impossible to change graphic settings without the game crashing. Changing refresh, detail level, etc would promptly break the game, even after fresh install and no mods, EVEN the free steampunk ones. There was an update yesterday that allowed this to be in a fixed state. Now I shall work on streaming. I have a massive 1.6 TB of data being restored, and waiting for that to finish. one of my HD's was a DoA too so waiting for that as well.

Some people (I included) had an issue right from the get go with ATS. graphically it was impossible to change graphic settings without the game crashing. Changing refresh, detail level, etc would promptly break the game, even after fresh install and no mods, EVEN the free steampunk ones. There was an update yesterday that allowed this to be in a fixed state. Now I shall work on streaming. I have a massive 1.6 TB of data being restored, and waiting for that to finish. one of my HD's was a DoA too so waiting for that as well.
There's a YouTube channel called Ragnos1997 and he does custom low spec patches for high quality games.

Slowly making money towards my third truck. I have the T800 waiting for me! (Still waiting on Kriechbaum to transfer the latest CAT sounds for the Kenny in ATS). I did upgrade my 389 with a better look. Flattop is the way to go with these boxy retro-look trucks!

ats_00014.png

Slowly making money towards my third truck. I have the T800 waiting for me! (Still waiting on Kriechbaum to transfer the latest CAT sounds for the Kenny in ATS). I did upgrade my 389 with a better look. Flattop is the way to go with these boxy retro-look trucks!

View attachment 514023

Nice truck, flattop daycab for me. Once the 389 gets ti be the level in the AMT 389, I will be content. Few things in the current truck Id like to see pulled over. So far loving it. The 1.12 389 has the insanely better jake to it.

I have tried out a twitch test, and it was great. With the SSD I was able to hit the goal of 30 FPS stream speed. Will be doing more streams, and well nothing goes right on them. LOL. Bang the gears, and get shippin.

Some of the roads the GPS takes me down are fairly sketchy depending on the size of the load I'm hauling, it's a unique challenge though and breaks up the long freeway runs.

A question I do have though, if I use mods will it disable the achievements for Steam? I rather like collecting the meaningless badges.

A question I do have though, if I use mods will it disable the achievements for Steam? I rather like collecting the meaningless badges.

No, it doesn't. You can even use Cheat Engine in order to "hack" money and XP and you'll still get achievements.
Although there's not much fun in that. I did it once in ETS2, and quite frankly, found it boring to have all these high paying jobs, fully upgraded truck and fully functional company right from the start.

It just doesn't fell right.

No, it doesn't. You can even use Cheat Engine in order to "hack" money and XP and you'll still get achievements.
Although there's not much fun in that. I did it once in ETS2, and quite frankly, found it boring to have all these high paying jobs, fully upgraded truck and fully functional company right from the start.

It just doesn't fell right.
I picked this up a couple of days ago.

Enjoying it so far!

I did use cheat engine at the start just like in ETS2 just to give myself a truck at the start without 130k of debt. Other than that though it's all me. Just reached level 3.

Thanks guys, and I'm not looking for a money cheat, but I would like to fix the traffic and overly aggressive police. I'm alright with the stock trucks so far, but I'm guessing down the road I'll start adding some.

While we're on the topic of Police/fines in ATS.. I don't expect to drive around like a nut case (which I don't) and not get pinged for breaking the law but, $1000 for doing a mere 4 mph over the speed limit is a bit extreme. If they toned it down a bit say $500 for speeding it wouldn't be as bad.

But with that said (speeding) isn't an issue whilst driving through Nevada where they have 70 - 80 mph speed limits. Its the 55 mph limit in CA that gets irritating, feels a bit slow, but if thats what it is in real life then so-be-it.

As for running red lights, I think they should be a bit more tolerant based on the fact you can't stop these trucks on a dime.

While we're on the topic of Police/fines in ATS.. I don't expect to drive around like a nut case (which I don't) and not get pinged for breaking the law but, $1000 for doing a mere 4 mph over the speed limit is a bit extreme. If they toned it down a bit say $500 for speeding it wouldn't be as bad.

But with that said (speeding) isn't an issue whilst driving through Nevada where they have 70 - 80 mph speed limits. Its the 55 mph limit in CA that gets irritating, feels a bit slow, but if thats what it is in real life then so-be-it.

As for running red lights, I think they should be a bit more tolerant based on the fact you can't stop these trucks on a dime.

I believe that there's a Police Rebalancing mod available if you're a little annoyed by the fact. Considering my truck is so incredibly light and I usually don't haul huge loads I'm actually able to brake incredibly fast :D

God, I love my Pete.

The rebalance helps. Speed limits really suck in Cali. I find plenty of signs that say 65 and GPS says 55. Need to complete some fine tuning there. When going from highway to street speeds s need bigger signs to warn, and have them before, not at the line. So annoying.

The rebalance helps. Speed limits really suck in Cali. I find plenty of signs that say 65 and GPS says 55. Need to complete some fine tuning there.
That is actually correct. In many states there is one speed for cars and another for trucks. What is missing is the second speed limit sign with the truck limit on it. Its usually cars speed is top sign heavy vehicle speed on the bottom.

That is actually correct. In many states there is one speed for cars and another for trucks. What is missing is the second speed limit sign with the truck limit on it. Its usually cars speed is top sign heavy vehicle speed on the bottom.

Here is Maine I have seen a minimum speed sign as well. SO SCS has some work but I am sure the game will be quite somethin.

Here is Maine I have seen a minimum speed sign as well. SO SCS has some work but I am sure the game will be quite somethin.
The minimum speed sign is something different. It is literally the minimum speed a vehicle can travel on that road without getting a ticket. Its mostly to stop farm equipment from traveling on the highways, but also scooters and others that can be licensed but don't travel very quick.

Latest Posts

Back