American Truck Simulator (Nebraska is next)

• Thread starter yzfmike
  • 199 comments

What are you most excited about with American Truck Simulator?

• Trucks

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • The open highway

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Mods

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Get me the game already!!!!!111!!!1!

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
I'm not having any luck with it either. So disappointing too considering I've been looking forward to it since I found out it was being worked on.

ats_00158.png
ats_00159.png
ats_00161.png
ats_00163.png
Love this machine to bits.. I will never get rid of it. :)

I'm not having any luck with it either. So disappointing too considering I've been looking forward to it since I found out it was being worked on.

It really really REALLY helps to get plugin in place..........

B47A01546B7290A8C1E58E9E8A70AEFD669B6C5E

Ohhhh, I love my baby. Kiss her grill, rub her curves. Got all the right amount of chrome. Hellz yeah.

I got to say, SCS did a FANTASTIC job with the W900. This truck is a thing of beauty! (minus the horrible sounds, but there is already a sound pack for it).

ats_00016.png

ats_00020.png

ats_00021.png

Making a video as we speak.

Last edited:

I have done streams for the last few days. Not perfect nor do I plan to be. Many mods in use so the games not very vanilla. Enjoy. I do plan on hopping online in about 10 minutes or so.

I have done streams for the last few days. Not perfect nor do I plan to be. Many mods in use so the games not very vanilla. Enjoy. I do plan on hopping online in about 10 minutes or so.

HAHA! I've got like 7 active mods already. Got another 5 waiting in the mod manager. Vanilla gaming is for consoles only :lol:

I also have a few mods active, but going to keep mods fairly subtle with ATS as I don't think I'll need whole trucks. Just downloaded a Jazzycat traffic pack.

One thing I want is a better sound for the ISX on W900.. I have a re-worked stock sound mod for it which is good, but the latest Kriechbaum sounds only work if you use the Cummins N14 engine the sound is made for. I don't like to do that as its kinda going backwards, new truck with an older engine.

If anyone sees an updated ISX sound mod perhaps post the details here, been keeping my eyes peeled. :)

That's just a testament to how successful these games are, and of course how active we're as a community. Not even FPS' have their own sub thread :lol:

I tried to find my first post in here on ETS2, with was in the 30s or 40 pages. I def added alot to it. I stoked to of created, and watch the ATS thread do well.

Dan
Merceli88 had a YouTube series in ETS2 MP showing all of the stupidity you could find online. Now, he started a series for ATS. Enjoy!

I do not know if it was his video or not.. but I remember watching one like explained and this comes barreling around a corner downhill and BOOM his trailer flips and hits the front end of the guy recording. GREAT VIDEOS. 👍

I'm wondering what if anything I am doing wrong... I have 2 gtx 970's in sli, and even cheated to tell ATS to run sli... but with a single 1080p display, I can't push anything past medium graphics on 400% scaling. I can hold 60fps out in the open, with the occasional drop to 55, but once in town I have watched it go as low as 40, making it look really choppy to me. Any suggestions? or is the game just that poorly optimized?

Scaling destroys frame rates from my experience
I use nVidia Inspector to manage graphics. I would highly recommend using it. I have a single 780ti gpu , my graphics aren't absolutely pristine but the game looks good and I get decent frame rates. I can post my NVI and in game settings if you want.

Scaling destroys frame rates from my experience
I use nVidia Inspector to manage graphics. I would highly recommend using it. I have a single 780ti gpu , my graphics aren't absolutely pristine but the game looks good and I get decent frame rates. I can post my NVI and in game settings if you want.

That might be helpful as when I loaded ETS2, I was running everything on High, not ultra, but high, and it held a better rate. Thank you in advance :)

In game:

Im using 361.43 driver. At the bottom of this screenshot is the SLI settings. I'd go with the defaults at first , see how that goes. I'm using a single screen so I didn't bother showing anything below there , it's irrelevant to my setup.

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=201258 Have a read regarding AA compatibility bits. That seems to vary for many people. You'll see that I'm using 0x000010C1 but the guys posting in that SCS thread are getting better results with others. It may take a bit of experimenting but with your hardware , I'm confident you can get it looking spectacular with good frame rates.

Good luck :)

I have the 650ti, and I run in ultra without any issues. This is for both, unsure what exactly is going on, but with Huskys help you should be able to do max no prob.

^ The key word there was the 400% scaling, which is a huge amount. With default 100% his rig should run it maxxed easy peasy.

When I tried to play with Inspector, I went down to 17fps... I deleted it and will figure it out. I appreciate the help though.

Back