AMG confirmes three new cars in GT6

• Thread starter Johan
  • 138 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Autavia
Outtake from a press release.

"With the combined power of more than 1400 hp, Mercedes-Benz is taking to the starting grid of Gran Turismo® 6 with three of its latest models. All set to provide pure excitement and fascination in the new version of the gaming classic for the PlayStation®3 are three high-performance vehicles from AMG: the SLS AMG GT3 producing over 367 kW (more than 500 hp), the E63 AMG producing 410 kW (557 hp) and the A45 AMG producing 265 kW (360 hp)."

That's great news if true.

Detroit-2013-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG-4Matic-Facelift.jpg

2014-mercedes-benz-a45-amg-2.jpg

Well... I trust information in official press releases.
This one is straight from MB.
Question is: Do You trust me? ;)

I sort of forgot Mercedes had an A class. It honestly doesn't look any special but awesome addition.

Can someone explain to me what exactly the difference is between the C63 and the E63? (I'm not a Mercedes person, can you tell?)

As far as I can make out the E63 is just has slightly better rear leg room.

E class is a size larger than the C class. Also for the AMG models the C has a NA ~450bhp 6.2 V8 whereas the E gets the newer and more powerful ~560bhp 5.5 Turbo V8.

The E63 has a smaller, turbocharged engine. Also, depending on which model they include specifically in GT6, it may be 4WD. The S model also gets a slight power bump (but I imagine Mercedes would've mentioned that model's inclusion specifically) 👍

Cheers for that 👍 so it's basically a more grown up and mature big brother to the C63, looking forward to giving it a shot!

Great additions.

I just hope the "GT3" versions of other cars are included in the game. Gotta have something to race the SLS against...

excitement.17502203_std.jpg

I am absolutely enamoured with this news. I go full-on fanboy for anything AMG.

excitement.17502203_std.jpg

I am absolutely enamoured with this news. I go full-on fanboy for anything AMG.

Awesome news, I like some of the AMG muscle. Respect! But as a Bavarian nut ///M , I hope GT6 have the M135i and F10 M5, then I see you on the track, friend! :)

Since we've got the A45, maybe PD should add the M135i and RS3. Or maybe the F10 M5 and new RS6 to race the E63...

From Media Daimler

header_hg960px.jpg

With the combined power of more than 1400 hp, Mercedes-Benz is taking to the starting grid of Gran Turismo® 6 with three of its latest models. All set to provide pure excitement and fascination in the new version of the gaming classic for the PlayStation®3 are three high-performance vehicles from AMG: the SLS AMG GT3 producing over 367 kW (more than 500 hp), the E63 AMG producing 410 kW (557 hp) and the A45 AMG producing 265 kW (360 hp). In addition to the three new vehicles, no fewer than 21 further vehicles from Mercedes-Benz which featured in Gran Turismo® 5 will also be taking to the track to set the pulses of gaming fans racing. Gran Turismo® 6 will be celebrating its market launch this holiday season. Details of the game were announced yesterday by Kazunori Yamauchi, Producer and Game Director of Polyphony Digital Inc., on the occasion of the celebrations to mark the 15th anniversary of the popular Gran Turismo® series at Silverstone in England.

"Together with Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Polyphony Digital, we are delighted with the unique success which Gran Turismo® has enjoyed over the last 15 years", said Anders Sundt Jensen, Head of Brand Communications for Mercedes-Benz Cars. "We are particularly proud that three of the latest models from our high-performance AMG brand are all celebrating their digital premiere in the latest version of the legendary game series. Mercedes-Benz and Gran Turismo® have a number of things in common. Above all, they share the same vision: to provide their customers – whether in real life or in the virtual world – with the ultimate in driving pleasure."

Can someone explain to me what exactly the difference is between the C63 and the E63? (I'm not a Mercedes person, can you tell?)

As far as I can make out the E63 is just has slightly better rear leg room.

E Class is to C Class what the 5 Series/A6 is to the 3 Series/A4.

Damn, I had my hopes high for the C63 coupe and the new SL.

The others boring.

A big saloon that outaccelerates both a Gallardo and 458 Italia from 0 to 60 and the most powerful 2 litre 4-cylinder production car ever (I think?) boring?
Even though I'm the first to admit performance figures not telling the whole story and don't necessarily have to make a car interesting, but still.

But then I strongly hope they'll include the just released and even bigger new S-Class as well.

car_photo_572455_25.jpg

car_photo_572467_25.jpg

Just gently wafting along nice and quietly. :D

Back