AMG confirmes three new cars in GT6

• Thread starter Johan
  • 138 comments
Before realizing that it is Driveclub, I was literally yelling: "El Capitán, El Capitán!!!"
I'm glad that I'm home alone right now :P

We get that E63 to play with. Plus, the addition of aero parts in GT AUTO and being able to fit racing wheels from any Mercedes onto the E63. So, until Mt Panorama is added and hopefully the 2013 V8 Supercar lineup, that will do just fine. I'm really excited about the SLS GT3 though( I don't know how many times I've posted that sentence).

Mercedes Benz should let PD to have all the Black Series cars in GT6...

SLK 55 AMG Black Series
CLK 63 AMG Black Series
SL65 AMG Black Series
C63 AMG Black Series
SLS AMG Black Series

plus, Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz should let PD to have all the Black Series cars in GT6...

SLK 55 AMG Black Series
CLK 63 AMG Black Series
SL65 AMG Black Series
C63 AMG Black Series
SLS AMG Black Series

plus, Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss

And, the new C-Class DTM 2013 with liveries, CLK GTR LM (Premium),...the list will be huge and I don´t want to start with it.

C111 is no car you can add into this game.. It was a vehicle primary designed to test new technologies.
Doesn't mean they shouldn't. We've got cars like Cien and GT-R Concept and in GT2 they had a PT Spyder also designed to test new technologies.

Yeah... but we only get 3 new cars... Making one of them the C111 would be a waste. Silver Arrows (W25, W125, W154, W165, W196), iconic cars (190 Evo 2) and up to date AMG cars are more important IMO.

The W125 record car is much cooler. It had 736HP in 1937 and reached a top speed of 432km/h, which is still the official record for open roads.

I'd like the W125 GP car, and the W154 GP car would also be cool. The W154 was shown a lot in GT2's ending credits actually, so Polyphony Digital are aware of the Silver Arrows. Despite this, we have not seen one Mercedes GP car from that era in GT yet, and just the one Auto Union Streamliner in GT4, which wasn't that satisfying to drive I thought, due to the restrictive wheel covers.

Now that MERCEDES won the 24 hour Nurburgring, I guess we can expect that blank SLS GT3 to have the Black Falcon livery ;h

Last edited:
Now that MERCEDES won the 24 hour Nurburgring, I guess we can expect that black SLS GT3 to have the Black Flacon livery ;h

That care makes it perfect to have a livery editor for sure. You can make the ROWE cars or the one that won today for the very first time for Mercedes Benz and Bern Schneider (MB legend which never could even finish the race and today he finished it and won at the same time).

PD always choose cars with some historic "components" or "backgrounds", that´s why we get the Audi R8 LMS GT3 Bilnstein that won past year for the very first time as well the 24hrs of Nürburgring.

Having those cars (the base GT3 race cars) without liveries but by having a livery editor, you can just simply "make them" appear into the game.

Hope lot of customization ads not only spoilers and wheels, hope to see some body kits that can make the car convert fro example a C63 Coupe AMG into a DTM model. Add the livery and you have the DTM 2012 or 2013 car. Since liveries are from your creation PD won´t need so many licences to have each car. (not sure why but they never did this...)

I welcome livery skins for GT6, plus creating our own. About 3 or 4 authentic liveries would be about right for each race car, if we still have 16 cars maximum on the track. I'll definitely love to have a fully rendered 190E.

Not trying to turn this into a wishlist, but I wouldn't mind seeing some staple AMG/MB Cars:

1309354268F9wrP5.jpg

440703949_e0748cc2c1_z.jpg

Surprised PD didn't add any other Racecars besides the SLS AMG GT3.

i have been following mercedesbenz on instagram and recently they have uploaded a picture of a sls amg gt3 from gt6 and the caption mentioned that "no fewer than 21 further vehicles from mercedes-benz will also be taking to the track to set the pulses of gaming fans racing"
So does this means that there will be over 20 mercedes in gt6?!?

Yes, all of them from GT5.

S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91
S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car ’92
P/S Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ’54
S Mercedes-Benz A 160 Avantgarde ’98
P Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ’08
S Mercedes-Benz CL 600 ’00
S Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG ’00
S Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car ’98
S Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car ’00
S Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG ’02
S Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car ’89
P/S Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) ’02
S Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG (R230) ’04
S Mercedes-Benz SL 500 (R129) ’98
S Mercedes-Benz SL 500 (R230) ’02
S Mercedes-Benz SL 600 (R129) ’98
S Mercedes-Benz SL 600 (R230) ’04
S Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor ’98
S Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’03
P Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) ’09

I hope for CL 65 AMG.

We already know all of the cars if the press release is correct. All of the above and the three new ones.

"With the combined power of more than 1400 hp, Mercedes-Benz is taking to the starting grid of Gran Turismo® 6 with three of its latest models. All set to provide pure excitement and fascination in the new version of the gaming classic for the PlayStation®3 are three high-performance vehicles from AMG: the SLS AMG GT3 producing over 367 kW (more than 500 hp), the E63 AMG producing 410 kW (557 hp) and the A45 AMG producing 265 kW (360 hp)."

I think you missed this bit out at the OP

in addition to the SLS AMG GT3, the E63 AMG and the A45 AMG, no fewer than 21 further vehicles from Mercedes-Benz will also be taking to the track to set the pulses of gaming fans racing.

Sounds to me more likely that there will be more premium Benz's added in GT6.

I doubt that. Given the small number of new cars, why would PD overload that number with Mercedes?

Some of the standard GT5 cars may be premium but yeah the press release is clear, those 21 cars it mentions are returning from GT5, not new.

I think you missed this bit out at the OP

in addition to the SLS AMG GT3, the E63 AMG and the A45 AMG, no fewer than 21 further vehicles from Mercedes-Benz will also be taking to the track to set the pulses of gaming fans racing.

Sounds to me more likely that there will be more premium Benz's added in GT6.

20 new premium mercedes benz's you must be mad, that'd be 10% of all new cars being added

SCER
20 new premium mercedes benz's you must be mad, that'd be 10% of all new cars being added

No it wouldn't for a number of reasons. Firstly, there is nothing in that statement that says that they are all new to GT6, it's logical that many will return from GT5. Secondly, we don't know how many premium cars will be in GT6, we know that there will be approx 200 more cars than GT5, but this doesn't tell is how many of GT5's standard models have been upgraded. Thirdly, there's no reason to expect all of these Mercedes to be premium models in the first place, the article doesn't make any mention of standard or premium so it's likely to be a mix.

If that were to be the case then logic might dictate that Mercedes would have payed PD a sizeable sum of cash for them to model vehicles and promote the Mercedes brand more, Plus I personally would rather have 20 Mercedes models as opposed to all the current copies of the Skyline, MX5, S2000 etc etc.

Back